Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 03 Serk Footboard Vibration 50-70mph Bike has 750 miles on it?  (Read 5915 times)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
Re: 03 Serk Footboard Vibration 50-70mph Bike has 750 miles on it?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »

Actually, the method used to mount and balance tires at the factory is very similar to that used in auto plants.  Tires come from the supplier with a mark or label on the sidewall indicating the light spot.  This mark is aligned with the valve stem (heavy spot) on the wheel during mounting.  This matching of tire light spot to wheel heavy spot is called indexing, and it minimizes the amount of weight required for final balance.  I have seen many tire and wheel assemblies over the years that did not require weights to achieve acceptable balance, but it is just a random "luck of the draw" type of occurrence.

Jerry

Jerry,
All tires are supposed to be mounted with the paint dot next to the air valve.

I finally got my suspension pump and checked the pressure which was at zero. Any way possible that it caused it? I can not take the bike out right now but it reading zero and me weighing in at 265 perhaps that is it. I filled the shocks up with 7 lbs and took the bike around the block it rode a little better but that was about it.

I also called Lakeshore HD  and set up my first service, I asked about the vibration issue and was told right away that its pretty comon with the solid wheels, but they would look at that when the bike was serviced.

Also scheduled the bike for its first dyno.

Perhaps I should try putting some of the balancing liquid or whatever they used these days and see what happens.

John
JR

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 01:58:28 PM »

I would stay away from using Equal for the balance issue       http://www.expeditionexchange.com/equal/
Just have the dealer balance your tires and be done with the issue can't be more than $50 to $60 to balance both

Everyone knows what HD stands for and getting your scoot rode worthy through a HD dealer will cost you several HD's
With 1,000 mile service your local dealer should have your scoot in pretty good shape for lots of fun, dependable riding

jeffj

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 03:13:06 PM »

I would stay away from using Equal for the balance issue       http://www.expeditionexchange.com/equal/
Just have the dealer balance your tires and be done with the issue can't be more than $50 to $60 to balance both

Everyone knows what HD stands for and getting your scoot rode worthy through a HD dealer will cost you several HD's
With 1,000 mile service your local dealer should have your scoot in pretty good shape for lots of fun, dependable riding

jeffj

Jeff , understood  was just trying to save a few bucks.

Thanks for all the info!
JR
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.47 seconds with 21 queries.