Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: HD Cust Serv Call Campaign - 110 Head Gaskets  (Read 60177 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: HD Cust Serv Call Campaign - 110 Head Gaskets
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 09:45:37 PM »

Left voice mail for Rusty: 9/02/07

Head Gaskets renewed 6/25/07 approx 6500 miles.
Head Gaskets leaking again during 8000 mile trip. (Started leaking at approx. 12000 miles on 07A gaskets)
Front cylinder excesive valve train noise(Boxes clearanced 6-25)

Will call customer service 9/04/107 and file a claim.

Sounds good Brad. If you hit '0' and ask for Ola, she's familiar with the problem.

:indian_chief:

Gav

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07- Jester
    • CVO2: 03-flhrci
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 06:07:09 PM »

Hey
Have had most of the problems and have had them fixed to this point, head gaskets, new cyl pistons rings rocker box problems.....
I have been reading about bad acr,s Someone please tell me how I know these are going CYBERCONDRIAC?
 :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Gav
this ain't your fathers geezer glide

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 08:25:58 PM »

Hey
Have had most of the problems and have had them fixed to this point, head gaskets, new cyl pistons rings rocker box problems.....
I have been reading about bad acr,s Someone please tell me how I know these are going CYBERCONDRIAC?
 :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Gav

Gav,

The easiest way to know if you are having ACR problems is to do a simple compression test. If your numbers are 200+, then they are not working. If your numbers are in the 160 - 170 trange, then they are opening up as they should.

Gav

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07- Jester
    • CVO2: 03-flhrci
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 08:43:11 PM »

Thanks
Have been hearing about the problems with the ACR,s here and there, haven,t heard much about the onset and the fixes much tho.
Thanks Gav
this ain't your fathers geezer glide

Bonehead

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Black/Orange CUSE
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 10:43:54 PM »

12K and rear head gasket weeping and getting worse. Dealer said it was normal (Guess they did not realize that I own 4 HDs and have a brain) Auto chain tensioner way too tight and will not release pressure easily. Chain making whirring noise and sapping HP. Rocker box clearance seems too tight as I can hear an occaisional contact from rocker arm and also at the floating point I get a severe chatter.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2007, 09:26:05 AM »

12K and rear head gasket weeping and getting worse. Dealer said it was normal (Guess they did not realize that I own 4 HDs and have a brain) Auto chain tensioner way too tight and will not release pressure easily. Chain making whirring noise and sapping HP. Rocker box clearance seems too tight as I can hear an occaisional contact from rocker arm and also at the floating point I get a severe chatter.

Bonehead,

We're trying to get resolution for the head gasket problem by making HD more aware of the failures. Have you called Customer Service yet to open a ticket?

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 12:24:49 PM »

Chief, with all the calls, has there been any official response to the head gaket problems, or is this being treated as isolated incidents?  What's your feeling?  :nixweiss:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 12:43:24 PM »

Chief, with all the calls, has there been any official response to the head gaket problems, or is this being treated as isolated incidents?  What's your feeling?  :nixweiss:

That's exactly the problem and the reason for making the calls. When I spoke to Ola the first time, she said she'd only had one other call about it. Maybe it's true, but I wanted to change that. I can imagine they run all kinds of reports for warranty replacements to see what's giving them problems, but I wanted to put the spotlight on this problem to make sure it didn't come in under the radar screen.

Has it helped? I don't know. I haven't heard of any revised cylinders or any other new parts besides the 16801-07A gasket. The SM at my dealer spoke with Tech Services, all the way to the head of TS, and did not get any gem or insight that they have found the real cause. The SM was told, and this is probably the closest we'll come to a full admission, that they have had problems with liners. This is why we're going with brand new, hot-off-the-press cylinders for my bike. Hopefully they have made revision in one way or another to keep the liner from separating from the casting and keeping the oil where it belongs.

My repairs should be done soon and then I'll need to put some miles on it. It will probably be into next year before I'll get enough miles on it, I don't live in So. Fl, to be comfortable whether or not the repairs have cured the problem.

I have to assume that all of the calls that have come from the members on this site, especially those to Dusty, have raised their level of awareness of the problem. As more '08s come of age and start leaking, it will be hard to pass it off as just first year bugs.

I hope everyone who continues to have a problem will keep up the fight and make sure HD knows about it when you're stricken, each and every time.

patbowdy

• CVO1: 07 screamin eagle ultra
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2007, 11:53:14 AM »

Just came from the dealer. The second set of head gaskets have failed. First at 4500 mile second at 5500 miles.

Waiting on the mo co to call me on the next step. Gave the dealer an ultimatum

1. fix it with a new motor and an extended warranty. If it occurs again IT'S YOURS.

2. replace the bike.

3. refund my money and I'll find a reliable ride.
Some days are magic, some days are tragic

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2007, 11:01:03 AM »

Just came from the dealer. The second set of head gaskets have failed. First at 4500 mile second at 5500 miles.

Waiting on the mo co to call me on the next step. Gave the dealer an ultimatum

1. fix it with a new motor and an extended warranty. If it occurs again IT'S YOURS.

2. replace the bike.

3. refund my money and I'll find a reliable ride.

Update?  Have the crank runout checked now, before you waste time on the cylinders and downtime waiting for parts. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

patbowdy

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2007, 08:25:27 PM »

The Factory service rep will be here on Wednesday to INSPECT it. My dealer has already agreed to check the crank. The last time I met with the factory guy he stated "My goal is to make you happy".  We will see next week.

Bonehead

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Black/Orange CUSE
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2007, 10:44:51 PM »

Cheif, I have not opened a service ticket yet. I am trying to hold out on final new engine mods before they get their hands on my scoot and replace the engine. Leak is only a weep at this point and causing no problems other than dirty jug at rear after couple of hundred miles. I have 16K on this engine. It has been a strong one but it is not going to last IMHO. There is too much noise and vibration, both of which indicate wear and stress. I have to give credit to Harley though. Most manufacturers engines running at the stress point that the 110's are would have never made it this far. They are definitely tough engines. I have a seven year extended warranty due to the fact that it was a new engine and I suspected it would have bugs that needed attention so I am not too overly concerned.

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2007, 03:34:11 PM »

Just made my call and got Diana in Cust Serv.
Got Ref # and they want me to have the dealer give
them a call when I drop it off.  But I will call HD and
tell Diana to drop them a line and have the Tech fella talk
to the Dealer.
Oh what fun it is!

patbowdy

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2007, 04:03:49 PM »

Just made my call and got Diana in Cust Serv.
Got Ref # and they want me to have the dealer give
them a call when I drop it off.  But I will call HD and
tell Diana to drop them a line and have the Tech fella talk
to the Dealer.
Oh what fun it is!

Who is your dealer?

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »

Pat,
I am using New Bern HD, here in North Carolina.
Last time, they got me right in and don't have a
problem with the TMAT, Big Sucker and FatCat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 21 queries.