CVO Technical > Twin Cam

103" BLUES!!!

(1/12) > >>

opee1:
I recently purchased my SEEG last week and after getting a few hundred miles on her did a fourth gear role to see what she had. Sadly, not much more than the stock 88" RK running next to me. I guess we have the EPA to thank for that. Now I get to put thousands dollars into the motor to release the power of the stroker motor that I thought I would atleast be getting a taste of at the stock settings. Boooo Hoooo!!! Apparently the SE heads that come stock are not really SE heads at all. They are low compression heads with SE written on them and the pistons are nothing to write home about either. The bike doesn't even have the 9:1 compression ratio that HD claims and the "SE heads" on the bike can't handle any more compression per HD. I wasn't expecting to have to rebuild the motor to have a fast bagger. Hopefully I can save other buyers the heartache that I'm going through right now.

Opee

mfgreen:

--- Quote ---I recently purchased my SEEG last week and after getting a few hundred miles on her did a fourth gear role to see what she had. Sadly, not much more than the stock 88" RK running next to me. I guess we have the EPA to thank for that. Now I get to put thousands dollars into the motor to release the power of the stroker motor that I thought I would atleast be getting a taste of at the stock settings. Boooo Hoooo!!! Apparently the SE heads that come stock are not really SE heads at all. They are low compression heads with SE written on them and the pistons are nothing to write home about either. The bike doesn't even have the 9:1 compression ratio that HD claims and the "SE heads" on the bike can't handle any more compression per HD. I wasn't expecting to have to rebuild the motor to have a fast bagger. Hopefully I can save other buyers the heartache that I'm going through right now.

Opee
--- End quote ---

Opee,

Get off the buyer's remorse.  You have not broken the bike in yet.  You do not have to rebuild the motor to have a significantly faster bagger than a TC88.  You are being mislead about the heads and the compression ratio.  What are you expecting from your SEEG?  How can we help get you there?  Take a chill pill for your heart and we will do the best that we can to make your projections a reality.

Mike

DavidB:

--- Quote ---I recently purchased my SEEG last week and after getting a few hundred miles on her did a fourth gear role to see what she had. Sadly, not much more than the stock 88" RK running next to me. I guess we have the EPA to thank for that. Now I get to put thousands dollars into the motor to release the power of the stroker motor that I thought I would atleast be getting a taste of at the stock settings. Boooo Hoooo!!! Apparently the SE heads that come stock are not really SE heads at all. They are low compression heads with SE written on them and the pistons are nothing to write home about either. The bike doesn't even have the 9:1 compression ratio that HD claims and the "SE heads" on the bike can't handle any more compression per HD. I wasn't expecting to have to rebuild the motor to have a fast bagger. Hopefully I can save other buyers the heartache that I'm going through right now.

Opee
--- End quote ---

If you want a fast Bagger you need to talk to Hubbard. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

kng103:

Opee
--- End quote ---

did you pipe and change the air cleaner?
out of the hole, you are right it is not much faster. but once you hit 3rd gear, you should blow him away.
a stock tc88 has 70-75#'s of torque if you are lucky. your seeg should have somewhere between 90-100.
the heads are not like the se-performance heads, but they are better than the stock 88.
also on his bike the torque craps out much earlier than yours.
if you both downshifted to 3rd, i guarantee you would have smoked him.
you max torque comes in around 4000 rpm's. his is already dropping fast at that point.
your right about the roll on. but that is not an acurate way to rate the difference between the 2 motors.

hd-dude:
3 things to do...Pipes, Power Commander or Race Tuner, and Stage 1 air cleaner. These motors are starving for air and chocked on the exhaust due to EPA requirements. For about $1,200 to 1,400 you will be pleasantly suprised in the difference. I would suggest the Freedom package which is about $1,400.00. Check out this thread:http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1099534567.

Don't loose hope.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version