CVO Technical > Twin Cam

103" COMPRESSION INCREASE

(1/21) > >>

opee1:
Has anyone changed the pistons on their 103" to increase the compression. One of my local HD stealers tells me that HD makes pistons to match the low compression stock heads on my SEEG and the other dealer says that HD says the stock heads won't work with more compression. I'm trying to get the potential out of this motor and can't get the same recommendation from any two people. Any suggestions are welcome.

Opee

kng103:

--- Quote ---Has anyone changed the pistons on their 103" to increase the compression. One of my local HD stealers tells me that HD makes pistons to match the low compression stock heads on my SEEG and the other dealer says that HD says the stock heads won't work with more compression. I'm trying to get the potential out of this motor and can't get the same recommendation from any two people. Any suggestions are welcome.

Opee
--- End quote ---

i had my heads street ported. minimal work, just cleaned up a bit.
i had heavier valve springs put in and changed over to the 251 cam.
also had the clearance between the pistons and the valves set.                                      
i think they shaved around 30,000 of an inch off.
it's like riding a different bike.
my dealer also told me not to do a piston change without either changing out the heads,or doing some major work on the heads i have.
i like the se-103 script on the heads and did not want to change them out.
i  am happy with the motor now. runs real strong.
if i wanted to get crazy, i would go with the jims120.
just my 2 cents.

Spook_103:
I changed the heads to HTCC CNC heads with mathching 10.5 to one pistons and the SE258 cam.  I had the compression releases also installed.  All told, it cost somewhere north of $3500 with the Race Tuner.  The bike now runs like it should have in the first place.  Much smoother, gobs more power and that is with just the Vance and Hines slip ons.  Like Hubbard says, speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go?  Spook.

opee1:
Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to take it all the way, if I'm going to do it at all. Here's what my local HD "gear head" recommends...SE HTCC heads, HTCC 10.5:1 pistons, compression releases, race tuner, S & S gear drive with either 570G,585G, or 625G cams, SE breather kit, Fueling super oil pump, high flow lifter kit, quick install adjustable push rods, and a thunder header or propipe. All together the grand total(with my 20% discount on the parts) is $4248. Still not sure if I want to put this much money into this bike, but why swallow the elephant and choke on the tail lol. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Opee

hd2003-se2005:

--- Quote from: opee1)  but why swallow the elephant and choke on the tail lol.

Now that's funny

[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif ---
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version