CVO Technical > Twin Cam

01 fltri cam chain tensioners

<< < (3/3)

DCFIREMANN:
WILLIE that looks real bad. The bad part about it is I don't think you can see it that well without pulling the cam plate.

Willie D:

--- Quote ---WILLIE that looks real bad. The bad part about it is I don't think you can see it that well without pulling the cam plate.
--- End quote ---

Yup you got that right. all you can see is the front one, and it will look like it will go another 3-5K......NOT. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] As you can see the rear one was running on the metal guide.

I was real glad that I was able to get it done before my trip to NC next week. Now if the weather would just cooperate. [smiley=confused5.gif]

TTYS,WD

mackcr:
Willie D, it looks like you also lost some metal off the tensioner. Did the mechanic check out the scavege side of the oil pump? If you start to have excesive oil out of the air cleaner you might need a new oil pump a well.

Willie D:

--- Quote ---Willie D, it looks like you also lost some metal off the tensioner. Did the mechanic check out the scavege side of the oil pump? If you start to have excesive oil out of the air cleaner you might need a new oil pump a well.

--- End quote ---

Mackcr,
I was very carefull to look for anything that might cause the oil pump to fail, but so far NO problems. I will let you know when I get back from Mooresville,NC on Sunday. It will be a 1500 mile round trip +/- ! I am using the newer SE air cleaner, and to date have not had any oil problems.......time will tell I guess. [smiley=confused5.gif]

Thanks for your input, I have really enjoyed this site, only wish I had found it years ago.

WD [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version