CVO Technical > Twin Cam

1690 Race Tuner Maps

(1/1)

mackcr:
I was looking at the supplied maps that came with the RT I recently purchased and noticed a difference in the Stage 1 maps for the 03 SERK (105HX021-C1.MT5) and 04 SEEG (105MK004-C1.MT5). The VE, Timing and Air Fuel ratio are different even though both have what I thought was the same CVO 103 engine. Are there differences or did they just come out with a new and improved map for 04? I know the cams are the same, why would the timing be different?

kng103:

--- Quote ---I was looking at the supplied maps that came with the RT I recently purchased and noticed a difference in the Stage 1 maps for the 03 SERK (105HX021-C1.MT5) and 04 SEEG (105MK004-C1.MT5). The VE, Timing and Air Fuel ratio are different even though both have what I thought was the same CVO 103 engine. Are there differences or did they just come out with a new and improved map for 04? I know the cams are the same, why would the timing be different?

--- End quote ---

it's probably because it was improved.
i think i read somewhere the difference between the 03/04 cvo103 was a change in the exhaust.
i don't have a race tuner, so i don't know how they describe the maps.
are the maps for the same set-up other than the year?

SHRADER:

--- Quote ---I was looking at the supplied maps that came with the RT I recently purchased and noticed a difference in the Stage 1 maps for the 03 SERK (105HX021-C1.MT5) and 04 SEEG (105MK004-C1.MT5). The VE, Timing and Air Fuel ratio are different even though both have what I thought was the same CVO 103 engine. Are there differences or did they just come out with a new and improved map for 04? I know the cams are the same, why would the timing be different?

--- End quote ---

The engines are the same but there are differences in the ECM. All maps changed in 2004 .

REGARDS
SHRADER

Unbalanced:
Also the maps for 05 changed you can not use an 03 or 04 on an 05.   Have to convert 04 maps into a map under the 05 directory to make it work.   Had a buddies 04 pumpkin map that was done in mt2 format and with the new race tuner its a mt5 format but that is split between 2001 - 2004 and then 2005 directories with maps.   On the 05 stuff there is only a map for the 103 that is listed and its for the 05 fat boy.

/wave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version