Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 05 Chery SEEG trike in June 08 issue of American Bagger.........  (Read 1472 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Just got the latest issue of American Bagger Magazine and there's a cherry SEEG trike as one of the feature bikes.

Interestingly (in light of the recent partnership with Lehman Trikes and HD), it belongs to Linda Lehman.  Some good photos of it, with not much text.  They did change out the wheels to wire spoked wheels.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: 05 Chery SEEG trike in June 08 issue of American Bagger.........
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 11:06:04 AM »

Saw it too.  Does look nice.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 11:21:21 AM »

It's a shame to do that to a Screaming Eagle.
And just like hearing about a wrecked SEEG, I realize there is now one less available in the red SEEG pool.
I have nothing against a trike but to build one from a SEEG is a shame!
Just MHO of course!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »

It was part of a Reader's Rides deal they were doing and not a feature just on that bike, so that's probably why not much text, but yeah, it was interesting to read who it belonged to.  I thought they did do a nice job carrying the SEEG paint scheme back to the rear of the trike, which is a lot harder to do on one of those than a regular non CVO EG.  The photos I've seen of the CVOs that DFT trikes have done, posted by member "Dean," have also been pretty sharp and faithful to the CVO theme.

harleydawg57

• Full CVO Member
  • "Raring to go-- but can't go for raring!!"

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG orange/black
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »

Have noticed most bike shows have class for trikes and they seem to be more of them now.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
HD six speed-True Duals with Samson slip ons- S & S gear drive cams with oiling fuel pump-power commander-Kuyakyn rear adjustable rider pegs-HD tuner-Hawg-Wired amp and speakers w/Sony Tuner xm sat radio-Boogey Lights

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 09:24:19 PM »

It's a shame to do that to a Screaming Eagle.
And just like hearing about a wrecked SEEG, I realize there is now one less available in the red SEEG pool.
I have nothing against a trike but to build one from a SEEG is a shame!
Just MHO of course!

SBB

I hope that I'm not the first one in need of a trike......but with my accident track record this past few years....... :nixweiss:   If I do have to go that way, it'll be a SEEG. :2vrolijk_21:

I went to Lehman Trikes web site after I posted this thread.  Clicked on the link of trikes for sale and was surprised at how many there are.  Why do we never or very rarely ever see them on the road?  Lehman does have a pretty nice web site.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 09:36:50 PM »

I hope that I'm not the first one in need of a trike......but with my accident track record this past few years....... :nixweiss:   If I do have to go that way, it'll be a SEEG. :2vrolijk_21:

I went to Lehman Trikes web site after I posted this thread.  Clicked on the link of trikes for sale and was surprised at how many there are.  Why do we never or very rarely ever see them on the road?  Lehman does have a pretty nice web site.

JC

With the marriage of Lehman and Harley maybe we will see a CVO Trike. If that happens it will be fine since it becomes a production model. (or maybe a servicecar for Don) Until then I still think it's a shame to violate a Screaming Eagle by turning it into a trike.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 12:52:38 AM »

Just got the latest issue of American Bagger Magazine and there's a cherry SEEG trike as one of the feature bikes.

Interestingly (in light of the recent partnership with Lehman Trikes and HD), it belongs to Linda Lehman.  Some good photos of it, with not much text.  They did change out the wheels to wire spoked wheels.

This bike, along with a CVO Bananna Trike, were at their booth at the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 07:37:48 AM »

This bike, along with a CVO Bananna Trike, were at their booth at the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach.

:worthless:

I saw a bannana SEEG trike for sale on Craigslist earlier this week.  Not sure if it was a Lehman or some other make.

West Coast GTG   

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 07:55:41 AM »

We just got home from an extended trip on our bikes and in Florida, we were fabbergasted about the number of trikes there.  Especially the female rider group riding these bikes.  Made it much easier for them to wear weather appropriate clothes since they did not have to worry about hitting pipes and things.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 09:19:47 AM »

Some people require a trike to continue riding. They can't handle 2 wheels anymore and still want to be in the wind. Kudos to em all to keep the desire to ride alive after it becomes impractical for them to continue doing so on 2 wheels.

So I think it's fantastic that they do their own conversions to make themselves a SE Trike! Walt, a member here I met in York did a beautiful job making his. Just like our 2 wheel versions where we want the best, our 3 wheeled breatheren deserve to own the same if they want. And if the MoCo won't give it to em, do it yourself. Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. Do what ya gotta do guys. I commend you all for your efforts! FTF!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 09:23:17 AM »

Some people require a trike to continue riding. They can't handle 2 wheels anymore and still want to be in the wind. Kudos to em all to keep the desire to ride alive after it becomes impractical for them to continue doing so on 2 wheels.

So I think it's fantastic that they do their own conversions to make themselves a SE Trike! Walt, a member here I met in York did a beautiful job making his. Just like our 2 wheel versions where we want the best, our 3 wheeled breatheren deserve to own the same if they want. And if the MoCo won't give it to em, do it yourself. Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. Do what ya gotta do guys. I commend you all for your efforts! FTF!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Like everyone on the site says "make it your own" some just have to do a little more for their own reason to make it their own.  I have a cousin who had a stroke a few years back who bought a new Goldwing and triked it so he could keep riding.

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.