Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Fire destroys Hells Angels bunker northeast of Montreal  (Read 6286 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: Fire destroys Hells Angels bunker northeast of Montreal
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 02:11:41 PM »

Seems a little counterproductive to arrest guys and impound their stolen TNT when that'll make them just go out steal a tanker truck :nixweiss::oops:

You are going to have to have a talk with those little voices in your head........they sometimes come out in the light of day.

they are much safer if they stay in your head..............
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »

I'd just like to add to my previous post this

For years, the various 1%er clubs being discussed on this thread were close to extinction due to relying solely on criminal activity as their means of support. Then somebody noticed that average Joe Biker liked rubbing up against them and a whole new means of legitimate income was born. This can be attending patch club "Open" parties or buying t-shirts, sweatshirts, stickers etc that either show outright support or simply have some verbiage printed on them attesting to the wearer's having an affinity for the club in question. If law abiding bikers truly wanted to make the 1%er clubs disappear , the best way would be to never attend any of their function, never buy a single item of clothing or club related items. The clubs would once again be forced to rely solely on criminal activity for support and law enforcement can deal with them on that level. They cannot deal with them when they have legitimate means of support. La Cosa Nostra learned this lesson nearly 100 years ago.

RedFXR2

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 04:16:01 PM »

This can be attending patch club "Open" parties or buying t-shirts, sweatshirts, stickers etc that either show outright support or simply have some verbiage printed on them attesting to the wearer's having an affinity for the club in question.

When I lived in NC there was a HA chapter out in the country not far from my house.  They would appear at HD dealer's open houses and sell shirts and stuff and occasionally hold parties out at their farm.  Often having live music and serving food and beer.  The word from the local LE was, however, that it was not a good idea for the innocent public to attend for a number of reasons.  Apparently, some folks had been robbed at these functions and on the other hand, since something illegal wa always present--drugs, guns, stolen property--that undercover LE was often in attendance as well.  I asked the owner of the local indy shop if he had ever gone to one.  He was in good stead with them and they set up a vendor tent at his open houses.  His answer:  "Are you serious?"

I talked to some of the members there at various events.  Some were really nice nice folks that could put on a golf shirt and khaki slacks and fit in at the country club.  Some were funny, wild, life of the party types, and some were surly and quiet--not at all friendly.

I decided the local shop owner had the right position and never considered attending their parties.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 04:21:31 PM »

I think they have been watching to many episodes of Son's of Anarchy!  :P

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 04:41:46 PM »

I think they have been watching to many episodes of Son's of Anarchy!  :P

If you've ever been a patch holder you can appreciate this show - - - - - to a degree They get some things very right and some things very Hollywood. I like it better than Wild Hogs as to depicting what a patch biker is all about. Ray Liota and company in Wild Hogs were a bad joke. Anyway, I have a saying about patch clubs, especially the big ones.

When you know nothing about them, you are afraid.
When you get to know them a bit you think " well some of them are pretty decent "
When you get real close to them you are afraid again

Proving that basic instinct should not be ignored.

B B

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 09:32:56 AM »

If you've ever been a patch holder you can appreciate this show - - - - - to a degree They get some things very right and some things very Hollywood. I like it better than Wild Hogs as to depicting what a patch biker is all about. Ray Liota and company in Wild Hogs were a bad joke. Anyway, I have a saying about patch clubs, especially the big ones.

When you know nothing about them, you are afraid.
When you get to know them a bit you think " well some of them are pretty decent "
When you get real close to them you are afraid again

Proving that basic instinct should not be ignored.

B B

Good point BB ......  most clubs have come a long way in the wrong direction since the days of a bunch of 'Nam vets just being happy to be alive and enjoying life with theirs bud's.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Police find explosives in Montreal
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 03:29:18 PM »

Montreal police evacuated several buildings on an east-end street Friday morning after finding a cache of explosives they say is connected to biker gangs.

Police seized about 200 kilograms of commercial-grade explosives from an apartment on Logan Street in Montreal's South-Centre district.

A local school was locked-down for a few hours as bomb squads combed the area but the "was no imminent danger," said provincial police spokeswoman Joyce Kemp.

Authorities set up a security perimeter around the building after provincial authorities linked the site to a cache of explosives discovered in the Bas-St-Laurent region Thursday night.

Provincial police arrested three men and confiscated more than 920 kg of explosives from a vehicle recovered in Mont-Joli.

They believe the explosives are connected to a cache of stolen materials taken from a business in Saint-Ulric, near Matane last week.

The suspects "have links to biker gangs," Kemp said.

The Mont-Joli stash is connected to explosives found on Logan Street, she said.

No arrests were made in Montreal.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 04:40:42 AM »

Feds bust Mongol motorcycle gang after 3-year investigation

By THOMAS WATKINS
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LOS ANGELES -- Dozens of burly, tattoo-covered motorcycle gang members were arrested Tuesday by federal agents in six states on warrants ranging from drug sales to murder after a three-year undercover investigation in which four agents successfully infiltrated the group.

At least 38 members of the Southern California-based Mongol motorcycle gang were arrested under a federal racketeering indictment that included charges of murder, attempted murder, assault, as well as gun and drug violations, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives spokesman Mike Hoffman said.

This was an interesting read.  New use of racketeering statutes.

AP--Greg Risling--23OCT--feed

Judge Bans Mongols From Wearing Trademark Logo

LOS ANGELES – Mongols can no longer wear patches bearing the motorcycle gang's insignia following what appears to be an unprecedented court order stripping them of their trademarked logo.

U.S. District Court Judge Florence-Marie Cooper on Wednesday granted an injunction that prohibits gang members, their family members and associates from wearing, licensing, selling or distributing the logo, which typically depicts the profile of a Mongolian warrior wearing sunglasses.

Prosecutors requested the injunction after authorities arrested dozens of Mongol members under a racketeering indictment.

"If a Mongol is wearing a vest or jacket bearing the Mongols patch, that item is pursuant to seizure based on this order," said Assistant U.S. Attorney Steven Welk.

It is believed to be the first case in the nation in which the government has sought to take control of a gang's identity — via its logo — through a court order.

"I've never heard the government going after something like this in this context," said David Welkowitz, a law professor at Whittier Law School. Welkowitz said attorneys and academics who specialize in trademark law are wondering whether the order will stand.

Sixty-four Mongol members have been arrested in six states under an indictment released Tuesday.

The indictment describes a tightly organized group, which is mostly Latino, that routinely engages in murder, torture, drug trafficking and other offenses.

Among 79 people named in the indictment, 15 were still at large, said Mike Hoffman, a spokesman with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The judge initially issued an injunction Tuesday, but that order was limited to barring the sale or distribution of the logo. New language was added, saying the gang members and their affiliates "shall surrender for seizure all products, clothing, vehicles, motorcycles ... or other materials bearing the Mongols trademark, upon presentation of a copy of this order."

Welk said his office is drafting the protocol for such seizures. Law enforcement agencies could begin enforcing the injunction by Thursday or Friday, he said.

Observers questioned whether the injunction is constitutional.

"Here you have the government stepping in and preventing a rights holder of using the (trade) mark they legally obtained," said attorney Douglas Mirell, who specializes in First Amendment cases.

"It strikes me as a serious potential First Amendment violation to have the government come in and attempt to, and in this case exceed, stripping lawfully obtained rights," he added. "This is one for the record books."

Meanwhile, 44 defendants have appeared in court, all of them pleading not guilty. It wasn't immediately clear whether they had been assigned defense attorneys.

The incarcerated Mongols were being kept at various federal detention centers, separate from inmates loyal to the Mexican Mafia gang, said Anthony Burke, a supervisory inspector with the U.S. Marshals Service in Los Angeles. Segregation of incarcerated rival gang members is common practice.

The Marshal's Service is guarding 60 motorcycles, almost all of them Harley-Davidsons, that were seized during Tuesday's operation. Burke estimated the average value of the customized machines to be $22,000.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 08:13:33 AM »

So now the goverment tells us what we can or cannot wear. Oh wait,..... thats nothing new. Here in Michigan we have a helmet law. Wow.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Quebec police arrest 3 in Hells Angels bunker fire
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 03:18:43 PM »

oct 24

Three people have been arrested in connection with a fire that destroyed a Hells Angels bunker last week in Sorel-Tracy, Que.

Provincial police say the suspects face charges of car theft, conspiracy to commit arson and arson.

Two men were seen leaving the area in a blue pickup just after a tanker truck, which had been reported stolen, smashed into the fortified building and exploded Oct. 18.

The fire attack hasn't yet been linked to organized crime, police said.

Three other fires in different buildings were also reported Saturday night in the town, about 75 kilometres northeast of Montreal.

Some police and observers of Quebec's criminal scene have expressed fears the attack could be a sign of a renewed biker war in the province.

The fire followed the recent seizure of more than 1,000 tonnes of explosives and the arrests of three men with links to biker gangs.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

TORKER07

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 05:30:16 PM »

So now the goverment tells us what we can or cannot wear. Oh wait,..... thats nothing new. Here in Michigan we have a helmet law. Wow.

Don't forget the "SEAT BELT' law too!

-Tork
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.