Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: "Credit Squeeze" affects Bikers  (Read 6499 times)

RedFXR2

Re: "Credit Squeeze" affects Bikers
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2008, 09:37:30 AM »

This is one reason I don't agree with bailing out folks who signed mortgages they could in no way, shape, or form ever afford.  Bailing them out is a slap in the face of those who did it the right way, and it perpetuates the entire idea of instant gratification regardless of ability to pay, just "charge it". 

Right on, Jerry.  I saw on CNNmoney.com where Bank of America is going to offer complete mortgage makeover, even includinig the mortgage amount, to those who are facing foreclosure.  Down here in FL, I see all kinds of failed speculators who will profit from the bailout at my expense.  My wife and I were sitting here last night thinking we should have bought several more homes in zero down, interest only ARM's if we had known we could get a large amount of the purchase price forgiven by the government.  But we knew that would overextend us so we didn't.  Now we get to send our tax dollars to other folks, so they can keep their investment properties.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 08:40:15 PM »

None of the above for the SERK - but when I bought my KLR (much less) I put it on the Amex, got the cash back, and then moved the balance to a 0% and paid it off before the grace period ended.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »

None of the above for the SERK - but when I bought my KLR (much less) I put it on the Amex, got the cash back, and then moved the balance to a 0% and paid it off before the grace period ended.

I hear ya...I tried that twice but the dealers would not allow it since I already received a CASH price.  Most bank cards have a charge of 1.5%-3% to the customer.  I believe Discovery and AMEX have the potential to be even higher depending upon who they utilize.

Good For You!!!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2008, 05:16:06 AM »

I wrote a check for my bikes.  ;D
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2008, 05:17:44 AM »

Me too.   Wish I still had that guy's checkbook. 

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2008, 07:00:26 AM »

Bought it with a credit card and paid off the credit card at the end of the month. I wanted the airline points the card gave me.  ;D

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2008, 08:29:08 AM »

free frights, thats 2 fly for,  double bonus

hogasm

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008, 10:04:50 AM »

Old School...I was taught if you can not pay for it now you will not be able to pay for it later...

???

Same here......save for what you want later, you will make alot of sacrifices if you want something bad enough :2vrolijk_21:

hogasm

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 10:08:37 AM »

Bought it with a credit card and paid off the credit card at the end of the month. I wanted the airline points the card gave me.  ;D

That is what I had to do. Payed for it on the credit card.
When I went to pick it up my check book fell into my fishing boot...actually under the Dr. Schools pad in the boot. I could not find my check book...and I tore the truck apart. The bank told me to just put it on my card and that there would be no fees for the dealer....I did get the points though.
Paid it off when the statement came in.....would hate to see what the fees would be on $30000

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2008, 11:36:48 AM »

That is what I had to do. Payed for it on the credit card.
When I went to pick it up my check book fell into my fishing boot...actually under the Dr. Schools pad in the boot. I could not find my check book...and I tore the truck apart. The bank told me to just put it on my card and that there would be no fees for the dealer....I did get the points though.
Paid it off when the statement came in.....would hate to see what the fees would be on $30000

:2vrolijk_21:

You got that right, I didn't what to see the interest charges for late payment, made the payment the first day I got the statement.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »

You know, this site means a lot to me an I like, admire, respect and enjoy it's members and being a part of it. But I have to say, at times when the issue of money comes up, I feel somehow less equal than a lot of people Why ? Because I do buy things on credit. I do use credit cards, I do carry a balance on some of those. And I don't think that makes me a bad person or that I'm part of the reason for the failing economy. I have always paid my bills - on time and in full. I expect that if I can come up with $10k that isn't needed in other areas of my life, I will take a loan from H-D Credit and buy a new motorcycle to leave in Maine. I thinking lately that perhaps rather than buy a new 09 SERG, I find a dealer that has a nice used CVO model I like. Maybe something in the $15k range. In any event, use of credit will be involved and I will not feel ashamed to do so. Sorry if this seems like a rant, but it's been weighing on me for some time and I am making some clear the air posts today - - - come what may. I am nothing if I am not open, candid and honest in my feelings about things.

B B

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »

Purchased the cherry using our home equity line, sold the SG, and then dipped into savings and paid the rest.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2008, 10:08:55 AM »

ditto

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 10:09:27 AM »

Credit is fine for those who can use it rationally like yourself BB.
Sometimes I will borrow at x% if I have something else paying me over that, then it is offset and keeps my money with me at x+.

I have a balance now for all the HD stuff I bought last week.   Like the pricey t/p removal kit that I am thinking I won't use cause I like just chucking stuff in the t/p.  I think one saddle bad is still empty!  

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 10:32:23 AM »

I put down 20%, financed the rest through HF. They are letting me ride it, clean it and service it for five years, and will then give up ownership and let me keep it...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.