Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: "Credit Squeeze" affects Bikers  (Read 6516 times)

bilbo

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: "Credit Squeeze" affects Bikers
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2008, 09:31:50 AM »

Interesting read. I paid cash, screw it - let's ride.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2008, 10:17:23 AM »

Interesting read. I paid cash, screw it - let's ride.

Same here!
Having gone thru difficult times in the distant past I learned that cash is the only way.
You may not be able to afford the tag or the insurance but you never have to worry about someone trying to come get it.
It can always sit in the garage and be waxed!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2008, 11:29:07 AM »

Threw it on a Credit Card to get the Cert. of Ownership (no Lein Holder)
Paid off the Credit Card with our HELoC before incurring charges
Paid of the HELoC in four months
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2008, 12:45:09 PM »

The credit squeeze has had a big impact on my income. I knew the boom years weren't going to last forever. I have Ben through a lot of good and bad times .These are about as bad as I can remember. I hope we have some relief soon KB
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 05:10:51 PM by kb »
kb

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »

You know, this site means a lot to me an I like, admire, respect and enjoy it's members and being a part of it. But I have to say, at times when the issue of money comes up, I feel somehow less equal than a lot of people Why ? Because I do buy things on credit. I do use credit cards, I do carry a balance on some of those. And I don't think that makes me a bad person or that I'm part of the reason for the failing economy. I have always paid my bills - on time and in full. I expect that if I can come up with $10k that isn't needed in other areas of my life, I will take a loan from H-D Credit and buy a new motorcycle to leave in Maine. I thinking lately that perhaps rather than buy a new 09 SERG, I find a dealer that has a nice used CVO model I like. Maybe something in the $15k range. In any event, use of credit will be involved and I will not feel ashamed to do so. Sorry if this seems like a rant, but it's been weighing on me for some time and I am making some clear the air posts today - - - come what may. I am nothing if I am not open, candid and honest in my feelings about things.

B B

I'm sorry, was this post taken as an open invitation for everyone to let me know how much better off than me they are ?

Thanks so very much, that's just so effing classy of all of you. I mean 1st rate brotherhood at it's finest.

B B

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »

I'm sorry, was this post taken as an open invitation for everyone to let me know how much better off than me they are ?

Thanks so very much, that's just so effing classy of all of you. I mean 1st rate brotherhood at it's finest.

B B
   There are millions of people who have a lot more money than I but there are very few any happier than I. Just because someone has more money than me doesn't make them better off..KB
kb

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2008, 07:43:45 PM »

B B

Don't sweat it Brian....I'm in the same boat....the truck, CVO, and RV are all financed...I'm not ashamed to admit it...If I waited to pay cash for the big things in life, I'd never be able to get the big things...so I don't sweat it...like you I have an almost perfect credit score and always pay my bills on time and never miss one...and you know what, I still enjoy life just as much as those that can pay cash for everything...  ;)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 12:25:22 AM »

Here's the deal, guys.  Ol' Maudie is paid for, lock stock, and barrell, if you get my drift.  Was, since day one.  Probably somewhere around 60 Large, all in, considering everything, is what I have in that Ol' Motorsickle.  A small price for all the fun I've had.  That said, I'd do it again, and probably will, to experience the same fun all over again.  Money was meant to spend, pure and simple.  As long as I can smile and talk, I will always make a $.  Ain't too many Motorsickles out there that will pass that that Ol' Ultra Classic, either.  Ask anybody that has had the opportunity to try.  ;)  May not be a CVO, but that Ol' Harley will Stroll.  :2vrolijk_21: There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2008, 04:57:28 PM »

Ole Brother Hubbard,

That said, I'd do it again, and probably will, to experience the same fun all over again. 

What do you mean PROBABLY WILL ? ? ?

Be fair to ole Maudie now she is old and tired, she has been passed, she has been split, and as many times as Otis has been up and around that ole Girl maybe it is time to retire her completely and not just replace the motor again :) 

I look forward to seeing you and your 131 surprise in March :)  or is it really still a surprise! haha.   
 ::)     ::)     ::)

I think this lesson was already TAUGHT.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2008, 04:41:08 PM »

Ole Brother Hubbard,

What do you mean PROBABLY WILL ? ? ?

Be fair to ole Maudie now she is old and tired, she has been passed, she has been split, and as many times as Otis has been up and around that ole Girl maybe it is time to retire her completely and not just replace the motor again :) 

I look forward to seeing you and your 131 surprise in March :)  or is it really still a surprise! haha.   
 ::)     ::)     ::)

I think this lesson was already TAUGHT.

I refuse to ever again be chastised for taking a thread off topic after reading the above post in light of the subject of this thread.

B B

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2008, 05:51:48 PM »

Brian,

Eventually this will get back on topic, they usually do at some point.

Besides it was bait laid out there to be had.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2008, 06:18:16 PM »

Brian,

Eventually this will get back on topic, they usually do at some point.

Besides it was bait laid out there to be had.

Harry
         The question in my mind here though is who's the fish and who's the fisherman ?

B B

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »

Brian,

He hasn't replied to the bait so he aint on the hook, thus we cant qualify him as a fish, YET.   Please continue stirring, we might just get a reaction.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2008, 08:08:19 PM »

Brian,

He hasn't replied to the bait so he aint on the hook, thus we cant qualify him as a fish, YET.   Please continue stirring, we might just get a reaction.

To take this way off topic (I can do that, I started this thread!) I see you have a new motorcycle in your avatar. Okay, I guess we can bring it back around by your telling us how you traded the SEUC2 in on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.