Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: waterproof gloves  (Read 13320 times)

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
Re: waterproof gloves
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 04:43:37 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2010, 10:39:32 PM »

Wait until you try to put them on and off with wet hands!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2010, 04:25:47 PM »

These are still the best i have ever had. Ten years and still going.  http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html  Summer rain gloves 
TJ

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2010, 02:43:06 PM »

gortex is the answer.  FXRG gloves are soft as butter and have gortex.  To save a few bucks ski shops have sales this time of year get ones that have a nice gauntlet to cover your sleeve of your heaviest coat.  I have found brand new ones on Ebay for about $25.
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »

Just before my trip to MV I purchased a pair of Held Rainstorm Gloves from Revzilla.com. They are great! I have been looking for a good waterproof glove that can be used in all seasons and are not to bulky. I found them. On my ride up to MV it was in the 80's and in MV some mornings it was in the upper 30's to low 40's. I encountered rain, stoppped to fuel up and it was easy on and off! Good protection and fits, well like a glove. :D I paid $150 and they look like I will get my moneys worth out of them. I also liked that they were not to bulky and worked well with my heated grips...I'm just saying! ;D

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-rain-storm-gloves

:bananarock:

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2010, 06:35:37 PM »

FXRG's are great, Held is good but both are pricey and you do not use them often (hopefully). Go to your local Bass Pro shop or Columbia clothing store. Both have excellent water proof (Gortex) gloves. Either winter weight or summer weight. You can get a pretty high end winter type for less than $60 @ Bass Pro. I have the Harley Rain Gloves that I paid $85 for several years ago and they work great although I do spray them with 3M Scotchgard at least once a year. But when you get your hands wet buying gas or whatever you can hardly get them back on and they have no more actual "protection" than the $40 Redhead (Bass Pro House Brand) ones I bought, neither leak, a drop but you can get the Redheads back on without going crazy or the fingers pulling out backwards when you take them off.
FYI - ONLY buy Gortex or similar for bike use, sweating is going to happen and they must breathe or you get just as wet inside the glove as out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.