Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: California wildfire burns Harley Dealership  (Read 2453 times)

Zekester

• CVO1: 2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King Black Ice PCIII Rineharts
California wildfire burns Harley Dealership
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:11:24 PM »

Just watching the 5:00 news- Channel 13 is reporting about a wildfire burning in the foothill town of Auburn California. Many houses and buildings burned including Auburn Harley Davidson! Reporter says they were able to remove many of the bikes. Auburn is located in the Sierra foothills east of Sacramento CA.

Zeke

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
Re: California wildfire burns Harley Dealership
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:07:45 PM »

Just to intense here in California right now! That is a real bummer!
We had to drive through the smoke of what is one hell of a fire here in So. Cal. yesterday, strange to say the least. Felt like I was in Dante's Peak! Ash falling like a bad snow, sun blocked totally, it was strange.
 The worst fire now is where we just took Kiwi for a ride while he was visiting, now it is all closed up.  Here is the view from the garage today.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 10:08:25 PM »

Fox field is where these brave fighters refill is only 7 miles away, been a parade of fire fighters for days above the house.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:10:54 PM by Wrongway »

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 10:09:14 PM »

The smoke is all the way to Nevada!

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 10:23:17 PM »

Just walked out to see the status, this is intense.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 10:23:40 PM »

Another. Yes, that's the moon!  Looking South, South East.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:25:15 PM by Wrongway »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 10:46:28 PM »

The Harley Dealership closed it's doors about a month ago.  I thought they'd already cleared it out.  Carlo and Emma Lujan (Carlo of the AHDRA racing fame) used to own that dealership and sold it a few years back.  They're back in Auburn and just opened an independant shop.

The old dealership building was one of several commercial buildings and many homes have burned.  Some people are just now coming home from the weekend away, just to find out they no longer have a home.  Sad situation, the rate they're burning down.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 11:38:52 PM »

The Harley Dealership closed it's doors about a month ago.  I thought they'd already cleared it out.  Carlo and Emma Lujan (Carlo of the AHDRA racing fame) used to own that dealership and sold it a few years back.  They're back in Auburn and just opened an independant shop.

The old dealership building was one of several commercial buildings and many homes have burned.  Some people are just now coming home from the weekend away, just to find out they no longer have a home.  Sad situation, the rate they're burning down.

Talked to Emma today at the burn site,,, they plan on re-building and head strong on getting the dealership back.. They are an awesome couple and will turn the business back to what it was 8 years ago   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

harley56

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 09:04:20 PM »

Talked to Emma today at the burn site,,, they plan on re-building and head strong on getting the dealership back.. They are an awesome couple and will turn the business back to what it was 8 years ago   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I wish them well, they are good people, but the market they had 8 years ago no longer exists.  That's why Harley won't grant them a dealership, they know there are too many dealers for today's conditions.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 12:05:15 AM »

I wish them well, they are good people, but the market they had 8 years ago no longer exists.  That's why Harley won't grant them a dealership, they know there are too many dealers for today's conditions.

OHHHH, They will have the dealership back, Cant go to deep here, other than to say,, They had it once and they'll have it again... And with a little icing on the cake too  :2vrolijk_21:

harley56

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 12:47:19 PM »

OHHHH, They will have the dealership back, Cant go to deep here, other than to say,, They had it once and they'll have it again... And with a little icing on the cake too  :2vrolijk_21:

I believe you've heard otherwise, but from my info., which I also can't go too deep, they may have it back as their aftermarket shop, but harley pretty much has a hold right now on any new dealerships.  That being said, if a huge dealer went out and market conditions justified it Harley would seek a replacement, but that's not currently the situation in Auburn.  I can say with absolute certainty that there are more dealers in the Sacramento area right now than the market supports, in fact one just closed it's doors due to market conditions. Harley is not replacing dealers in markets that are saturated and dealerships are not profitable.  That being said, they're cool people and I wish them the best in reestablishing their aftermarket shop.  :bananarock:

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 10:00:56 PM »

I believe you've heard otherwise, but from my info., which I also can't go too deep, they may have it back as their aftermarket shop, but harley pretty much has a hold right now on any new dealerships.  That being said, if a huge dealer went out and market conditions justified it Harley would seek a replacement, but that's not currently the situation in Auburn.  I can say with absolute certainty that there are more dealers in the Sacramento area right now than the market supports, in fact one just closed it's doors due to market conditions. Harley is not replacing dealers in markets that are saturated and dealerships are not profitable.  That being said, they're cool people and I wish them the best in reestablishing their aftermarket shop.  :bananarock:

I think the dealership saturation you refer to in the Sacramento market are actually satellite stores associated with actual dealerships. YES, there are more of these in this market then one would expect and many are closing. BUT, the mother dealerships are staying intact. Elk Grove is associated with Sacramento Harley, Folsom is associated with Rocklin Harley, (however these folks don't plan on closing Folsom, rather they are considering opening another) (lips sealed  :P) Hangtown was associated with Auburn Harley, they closed well over a year ago. The satellite stores will always be the first to go in rough markets. On a side note here, i know of one, maybe two actual dealerships still considering opening up more satellite stores, (again lips sealed)
As far as Auburn Harley,, it's in the works  :2vrolijk_21: and i would bet it will happen, and from what i gather,, (again, lips sealed)  ;D i would say within one year or sooner   :2vrolijk_21:

harley56

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »

I think the dealership saturation you refer to in the Sacramento market are actually satellite stores associated with actual dealerships. YES, there are more of these in this market then one would expect and many are closing. BUT, the mother dealerships are staying intact. Elk Grove is associated with Sacramento Harley, Folsom is associated with Rocklin Harley, (however these folks don't plan on closing Folsom, rather they are considering opening another) (lips sealed  :P) Hangtown was associated with Auburn Harley, they closed well over a year ago. The satellite stores will always be the first to go in rough markets. On a side note here, i know of one, maybe two actual dealerships still considering opening up more satellite stores, (again lips sealed)
As far as Auburn Harley,, it's in the works  :2vrolijk_21: and i would bet it will happen, and from what i gather,, (again, lips sealed)  ;D i would say within one year or sooner   :2vrolijk_21:

You and I can agree to disagree and it's all good :orange:  I know all those dealers and have known most of them for 25 years.  Yes, Elk Grove is Jay's SRL, and Folsom is an SRL and so was Hangtown.  That being said, Harley has visited markets and said there are too many dealers, not just SRL's for markets and are encouraging and supporting consolidation.  Also, there is an absolute "No Way" policy from the factory on opening satellite stores right now, so a dealer may be considering it, but they need to get Harley to change their current stance, or make one huge exception.   Sacramento is not a market Harley has specifically visited and told them they need consolidation; however, I have spoken with enough of those guys to know times aren't good and my money says there will be no new dealer in Auburn within the next few foreseeable years.  If I'm wrong that would be great as it means the market numbers say it can support a dealership and Carlo and Emma would do a fine job.  Take care and I hope I eat my words on this. :bananarock:

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 12:29:47 AM »

You and I can agree to disagree and it's all good :orange:  I know all those dealers and have known most of them for 25 years.  Yes, Elk Grove is Jay's SRL, and Folsom is an SRL and so was Hangtown.  That being said, Harley has visited markets and said there are too many dealers, not just SRL's for markets and are encouraging and supporting consolidation.  Also, there is an absolute "No Way" policy from the factory on opening satellite stores right now, so a dealer may be considering it, but they need to get Harley to change their current stance, or make one huge exception.   Sacramento is not a market Harley has specifically visited and told them they need consolidation; however, I have spoken with enough of those guys to know times aren't good and my money says there will be no new dealer in Auburn within the next few foreseeable years.  If I'm wrong that would be great as it means the market numbers say it can support a dealership and Carlo and Emma would do a fine job.  Take care and I hope I eat my words on this. :bananarock:

Hey, I'll buy ya a beer  :drink: at Carlo and Emma's Grand Opening party once they nail the dealership...and sooner then a 'few' years. If you know Carlo and Emma well, then you know they are well respected, maintain a strong value to their customers, won many awards from the Mo Co during their dealership stint, more then any dealer in California at the time. And they can organize a damn good party,, 'it's going to be a humdinger'  They work extremely hard, and they are very successful. Mother Harley knows their value and what they can bring to the table. The Mo Co knows them well and they know it would be a bad business decision to turn their nose on Carlo and Emma's success.   :2vrolijk_21: The pool boy says Carlo and Emma will be back into their dealership and i think i will lean with pool boy on this one.  8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 07:35:08 AM »

Hey, I'll buy ya a beer  :drink: at Carlo and Emma's Grand Opening party once they nail the dealership...and sooner then a 'few' years. If you know Carlo and Emma well, then you know they are well respected, maintain a strong value to their customers, won many awards from the Mo Co during their dealership stint, more then any dealer in California at the time. And they can organize a damn good party,, 'it's going to be a humdinger'  They work extremely hard, and they are very successful. Mother Harley knows their value and what they can bring to the table. The Mo Co knows them well and they know it would be a bad business decision to turn their nose on Carlo and Emma's success.   :2vrolijk_21: The pool boy says Carlo and Emma will be back into their dealership and i think i will lean with pool boy on this one.  8)
Which pool boy?  :nixweiss: Kato? :oops:   har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 21 queries.