Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: 2000 Classic SERG owners / Site Registry ( let me know if I missed someone)  (Read 63826 times)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG

I know we're preaching to the choir here but I couldn't agree more Lou.  Have always loved these bikes.  Still remember the first time I saw one now about 15 years ago.  Didn't know what it was.  Didn't know what CVO was.  Just loved the bike.  Mine now is still the most comfortable ride I've ever had.  Can always look forward to knocking down mile after mile on that bike.

The first time I saw one was in Kingman AZ while visiting the Harley Dealer. I couldn't imagine why someone tricked out a brand new RG and was selling it so cheap. I had to have it but this one couldn't be registered in CA otherwise my 98 RG would have found a new home. It worked out fine, the 98 is still in the family and after lusting after a triple red for a couple years I found a complete low mile one close to home.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

The first time I saw one was in Kingman AZ while visiting the Harley Dealer. I couldn't imagine why someone tricked out a brand new RG and was selling it so cheap. I had to have it but this one couldn't be registered in CA otherwise my 98 RG would have found a new home. It worked out fine, the 98 is still in the family and after lusting after a triple red for a couple years I found a complete low mile one close to home.

My find was much the same Lou.  Saw one.  Fell in deep deep lust immediately.  But it was already sold.  No more to be had.  Still had a deep abiding lust the Road King I then had so it wasn't a terrible loss.  But it was still enough to make my little heart go pitty pat with the angst of missing out.

Always kept an eye out.  Figured a good deal would come up "someday."  Then someday happened.  Got a call from a buddy who saw this one listed on Craigslist (or some online site, don't remember for sure) an hour from my house.  The buddy was much farther away but the bike was close.  I learned of the bike late on a weekend morning and had it home that afternoon.  Low miles and a good price on a really clean unmolested bike.  Since then it's had a few minor upgrades.  But it was bone stock when I got it and even included a few extras thrown in on the side.  Seat and a windshield if I remember correctly.

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)

I love the early model cvos.  Two lane,  is there a post here with larger photos of your RG?  I have never seen one of those up close.  The only RG Cvo around here is the all to common gold one.  They must have made a million of those,  or everyone was sold around here.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide

My find was much the same Lou.  Saw one.  Fell in deep deep lust immediately.  But it was already sold.  No more to be had.  Still had a deep abiding lust the Road King I then had so it wasn't a terrible loss.  But it was still enough to make my little heart go pitty pat with the angst of missing out.

Always kept an eye out.  Figured a good deal would come up "someday."  Then someday happened.  Got a call from a buddy who saw this one listed on Craigslist (or some online site, don't remember for sure) an hour from my house.  The buddy was much farther away but the bike was close.  I learned of the bike late on a weekend morning and had it home that afternoon.  Low miles and a good price on a really clean unmolested bike.  Since then it's had a few minor upgrades.  But it was bone stock when I got it and even included a few extras thrown in on the side.  Seat and a windshield if I remember correctly.
For me it was also a long time Lust affair, A buddy of mine put an advanced order in on a black and orange SERG before they were out, but because of the limited numbers he never got one.  I thought that was the nicest bike I had ever seen, until about 5 years later when I met a guy at one of our local bike nights, riding a Triple Red. Well that night I told him "if you ever want to sell"  he said he would not ... etc., but we became good friends,  then in 08 when the 09 SERG was introduced I got a call.  He said he couldn't keep two bikes, as he just bought the Yellow SERG and shortly after that My Dream Bike landed in my garage.   Like I said earlier ... it's going to be the coolest classic bike my Grandson will ever own  :2vrolijk_21:.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide

I love the early model cvos.  Two lane,  is there a post here with larger photos of your RG?  I have never seen one of those up close.  The only RG Cvo around here is the all to common gold one.  They must have made a million of those,  or everyone was sold around here.
Hi Kojak ... I think you mean Don's Road King  :nixweiss: if you do here is the thread on it's rebuild  :2vrolijk_21:New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project

Mart
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

Yes brother!....that's she.  thanks for the link....That is an awesome bike too.  I love the older stuff.   But then,  I find myself eyeballing a new CVO RG every day now.  Trying to justify the 48,000 price tag.  ha ha!
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG

Trying to justify the 48,000 price tag.  ha ha!

Thanks for reminding me of the $$$$ and why it will never happen for me being retired, but have never had the urge since owning the Triple Red. Now its money spent traveling and four wheeling, but I sometimes bring her along to ( bike).  ;)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Thanks for reminding me of the $$$$ and why it will never happen for me being retired, but have never had the urge since owning the Triple Red. Now its money spent traveling and four wheeling, but I sometimes bring her along to ( bike).  ;)

We're in the same shop there too Lou.  I've just go no interest in a new bike.  Partly because so disenchanted with Mother Harley itself but also because I just really really like the pair I've got.  Nothing to me looks better. 

In many ways my 05 SEEG was "better" than either of the pair now.  At least the engine was stronger.  But when push came to shove and three was a bridge too far that led to boredom and monotony it was the one that went away as the Road Glide is the better road ride, and I just love the look of it, and the Road King was a project that was just way too new and too much exactly what I wanted it to be.

The only thing I wish we had that we don't and can't is ABS.  Everything else is either possible or I'm just not interested in.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Yes brother!....that's she.  thanks for the link....That is an awesome bike too.  I love the older stuff.   But then,  I find myself eyeballing a new CVO RG every day now.  Trying to justify the 48,000 price tag.  ha ha!

Thanks for the appreciation KJ.  That Road King was a hugely fun project.  It's got some engine work since the day it first fired and is now a relatively sporty 98" as of this past spring.  In fact it got it's first full oil change at about 5000 miles past that work this last weekend and a rear brake upgrade recently.  So while it is "done" and ridden it still gets tinkered with  :2vrolijk_21: .

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

Thanks for the appreciation KJ.  That Road King was a hugely fun project.  It's got some engine work since the day it first fired and is now a relatively sporty 98" as of this past spring.  In fact it got it's first full oil change at about 5000 miles past that work this last weekend and a rear brake upgrade recently.  So while it is "done" and ridden it still gets tinkered with  :2vrolijk_21: .

There is no such thing as done.  Ha ha.  If you can't tinker,  whats the point.  ha ha.  I know one thing,  We had our annual ride for autism (started because of my son), and my 01 SERG got more attention than any other bike there.   Something about them.  We had 21 bikes,  and about 6 cars with us.   I was tailgunner.  Had one guy stop on the way back to fix some riding gear.  So I waited with him.    We were doing some mph on the way to catch up.   He was on his new yammie stryker and at one point at a passing lane he was PEGGED,  and my ole SERG blew by him by a fair margin.  Best part I was no where near maxxed out.  She's got the top end.  And it pulls hard up there.  Now if I could just get my low end to stop acting up I will be happy.   I have to order plug wires etc,  no parts available locally for any Harleys. 
Mavericks RC
MFFM