Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Family Feud: American Chopper's Paul Teutel Sr. reportedly sues Paul Jr.  (Read 37220 times)

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
Re: Family Feud: American Chopper's Paul Teutel Sr. reportedly sues Paul Jr.
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »

I liked the show "Biker Build Off" where two dike builder each built a bike that they had to ride to a rally and the people at the rally voted on the best bike.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2011, 04:27:24 PM »

I liked the show "Biker Build Off" where two dike builder each built a bike that they had to ride to a rally and the people at the rally voted on the best bike.

Me too. I especially liked seeing Arlen Ness get involved and build that gorgeous Banana Split bike that was in the segment where the show was in Puerto Rico. IMHO Ness is the undisputed KING of all the builders and it was nice to see him toss his hat in the ring vice staying on the sidelines like OCC. Speaking of which, wouldn't it have been cool to see Willie G and H-D Inc take a shot at that show. You know like the big car companies build concept vehicles for car shows.

B B

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »

So according to a story on the net, OCC is using nonpayment of their mortgage to force the bank to restructure their loan. The value of their World HQ has dropped from the $12mm they borrowed to $7mm. The piece alludes to all of the company's assets being protected. Interestingly this piece was on a website that allowed commentary by readers. While most of it was of the type we post here, the one I liked the best was the person who said he was tired of paying H-D Credit what he had to on his bike loan so he was just going to stop paying until they dropped his payments. In December of 2008, facing permanent disability and the loss of nearly $18,000/yr in income, I called my mortgage company about restructuring my loan. The Bush Administration had just put TARP funds on the street. While my bank did not know what the rules were going to be, they did know they were getting a lot of money for helping folks like myself. They took my name and said they'd go in order of the list. I was #5. (sometimes you get lucky) Throughout the process, I insisted that I did not want the government paying my mortgage. I could have applied for principal reduction via that process but all I asked for was a reduction in interest to lower my payment to a manageble amount. I got that. I went from nearlu 7% to 4%. Throughout the 4 months it took for all this to happen, I continued to pay my mortgage. Had my bank said NO up front, I would have continued to pay my mortgage. This is what you do. If you can pay, you pay. As I said above, the article I read indicates that OCC has the money to pay, they are just trying to squeeze the bank into lowering their rate. A rate they were happy to get when they built the OCC World HQ. You may recall, Gov Pataki, county and local officials fell all over themselves praising the Teutels dedication to their community in this venture. As a matter of fact, the County Development Board owns the mortgage on the property and gave OCC significant tax breaks. Bottom line is, since I 1st encountered Paul Teutel Sr at a Bike Show in Laconia NH many years ago and he twisted the judges arms to have my custom FXR declared a radical custom because he didn't like the way that yellow POS softail of his stacked up against my FXR. I had removed the tabs on the neck that were on all FXR's to bolt the fairing to (in the case of an FXRP or FXRT) He and his buddies hounded the judges swearing I'd cut the neck and raked the frame. I had not. What I'd done was build an FXRWG.. Essentially what H-D Inc would build with the Dyna Wide Glide. (sidebar, none other than Paul Bluestein himself took a photo of my bike in Daytona that year)I didn not remember Sr when American Chopper 1st came on. It wasn't until they did a show about him building bikes in his basement and showed that god awful yellow POS softail that I remembered. I would never forget that thing nor what happened in Laconia.  In my opinion, this story shows what kind of a man Paul Teutel Sr is. If he can't win honestly, he finds a way to stack the deck. Whereas I had a good shot at a trophy in the custom class (that yellow POS of his won) I had no chance in the radical custom class. Teutel has leveraged every situation he's found himself in. You can call it good business, but I have no respect for it. I was brought up that you play fair and pay your bills. If you've got a problem you work mutually with people to resolve it. I know, I'm a dinosaur and those days are gone along with IKE being POTUS. Just thought I'd tell this tale as to why I enjoy lobbing cowchit at OCC. Now all of you guys who've made your name in business can come at me with knives and tell me how naive I am or whatever, but that's how I feel.

B B

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2011, 11:45:29 AM »

tell me how naive I am

B B

OK Brian, you're naive!  :huepfenjump3:

Sorry, couldn't resist.  By the way, there are at least 2 dinosaurs here as I feel the same way as you do.  A person's word should be golden.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2011, 11:49:39 AM »

Sorry, couldn't resist.  By the way, there are at least 2 dinosaurs here as I feel the same way as you do.  A person's word should be golden.

DITTO!!!!!!
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »

A person's word should be golden.

Agreed....... :coolblue:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

DOOFUS

« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »

Losers.  I hope it is physically, mentally and emotionally painful for them. Dirtbags, liars, opportunistic manipulators. I dealt with them on a military charity.  They are phony thru and thru.  May they rot in hell.  DOOFUS

..Hawk

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2011, 11:56:38 PM »

I'm standing with Spiderman aka Brian, and the rest of you who support honesty and paying for your pleasures.  Can't take much more of the entitlement mentality ruining this Country.   :soapbox:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:58:46 PM by ..Hawk »

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2011, 08:53:08 AM »

Losers.  I hope it is physically, mentally and emotionally painful for them. Dirtbags, liars, opportunistic manipulators. I dealt with them on a military charity.  They are phony thru and thru.  May they rot in hell.  DOOFUS

How DO you feel?   :bananarock:
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2011, 09:16:02 AM »

OCC is sort of like that stupid Maury Povich show - except for dysfunctional bike building families.  If Discovery starts doing DNA testing & Who Da Baby Daddy? OCC shows, Maury might sue.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2011, 01:49:03 PM »

I pay my bills before I eat.

those dickheads are nothing but caniving A--HOLES

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2011, 03:06:20 PM »

I pay my bills before I eat.

those dickheads are nothing but caniving A--HOLES

DITTO! OCC is worthless! All those theme bikes they build have some flaw in them & in the final hour they beat and bend them together and say that's good! In reality any of those bike ridden 100 miles on the freeway would disintegrate! I have built custom bikes from the ground up and know all that fancy chit will be the first things to vibrate and crack. I guess they rely on the fact that they will never really be ridden! $200k for a bike you can't ride! Might as well put a plastic imitation motor in them! JUNK all of it to me is pure JUNK! I seen the bikes in person and was not impressed! Senior needs to lay off the roids! Mikey is the only sane one of the bunch!

2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2011, 01:53:36 PM »

Well its a show with a formula.

Get new Job
Complain about Jr
Complain about Sr
Timeliness are too tight
MICKEY does some comic relief
Sr gets pissed (roid Rage)
Jr does the same old thing with different theme
Bang and bend bike minutes before show
Show bike, applause
Get new order... cycle repeats

They buy all all the shelf stuff.. there is nothing new or radical or game changing... just a factory bike with different colours and gas tanks.  If I was paying what these people pay for these bikes I would be pissed at the way it gets assembled... its like that old Coddington show, same formula.

CRAP TV
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2011, 06:56:47 PM »

I only saw one episode where Paul Sr. rode one his creations and he couldn't see over the risers. I also noticed a FLH always in the background at the shop. Stupid bikes for suckers who have more money than sense. I wonder when he will get into the newest trend, searching through the junk yards for cafe racer material.  Doc
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.