Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whatwimmer  (Read 1643 times)

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
Whatwimmer
« on: January 09, 2006, 03:14:03 PM »

What, if any performance will I get with the wimmer 90. I attached the web site specs.
It looks impressive, but will this show up on the dyno?

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
Re: Whatwimmer
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 04:58:45 PM »

Just dyno your bike as is and then take off your air cleaner and run it on the same dyno again and presto you'll see about a 10% increase in hp..........

The stock filter is restrictive to help meet EPA standards.

Many products are out there which will allow you to increase your air flow. Remember their posted number's are sometimes just an advertising ploy sometimes not but you will see a significant gain in any case.

Wimmer makes some very good products, how they perform will differ from bike to bike.

Anything you try should be better than stock................

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 03:23:06 PM »

I have been interested in using the 90 with either the SuperSucker or UltraSucker.  I posted 2 questions to Wimmer in an email asking if 1) will either fit with the lowers on and 2) are the screens effective enough to protect the engine like a cotton filter would for everyday riding?
Have yet to get an answer...... [smiley=banana.gif]

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 04:28:03 PM »

I have been interested in using the 90 with either the SuperSucker or UltraSucker.

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 04:29:42 PM »

I have been interested in using the 90 with either the SuperSucker or UltraSucker.

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 04:44:19 PM »

I figured it was worth a shot.  As it is, I'll go like you and use the HPF3 filter on the 90.  Still looks like an awful tight fit to clear my SEEG lowers.
The other question I did have was on the breathers.  Do these drip oil or is there monthly maintanance involved in draining the oil and cleaning the filters?
 [smiley=banana.gif]

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 06:06:15 PM »

FWIW I had a Joker setup on my FXDWG for 2 years and never had to touch the breather's........they worked flawlessly.

I think Wimmer's stuff is designed more for show bike's and low mileage bar hopper. Touring bike's are not their focus. But a sale is a sale...............

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 08:44:57 AM »

I've just seen in the J&P catalog the Ness setup for a 90.  Looks like an all cast peice that incorporates internal breathers.  Wish it wasn't so pricey.  Almost the same price as the Wimmer!
Also, I wouldn't run a bike without filtration either.  And in the instance of the SuperSucker, I'd run the 80mesh screen.  My question was since they seem to be equally restrictive vs. a cotton filter, do they filter the same??  Maybe just clean it more?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 09:38:09 AM »

A velocity stack with a wire mesh screen is not an effective air cleaner. They will stop small boulders or pebbles, but fine dirt will flow right through. Also, if you look at their cotton filters and read the fine print, they are not waterproof.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 10:17:19 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.