Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 07 SERK Tires  (Read 1176 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
07 SERK Tires
« on: March 19, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »

I know there has been past discussion on metzler Tires. I would like to change to metzlers as I am on my 4 th  cupped rear tire riding solo. Can't stand the humming when cornering.  Do they make a tire for our bikes and has anyone used this tire. Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 07 SERK Tires
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »

I know there has been past discussion on metzler Tires. I would like to change to metzlers as I am on my 4 th  cupped rear tire riding solo. Can't stand the humming when cornering.  Do they make a tire for our bikes and has anyone used this tire. Thanks Billy

It appears from the catalog that they now have tires that match the original equipment sizes, 130/70 R 18  63H front, 170/60 R 17  78V rear (the stock rear is H speed rated, the Metz has a higher V rating), ME 880 Marathon.

Can't tell you if they are any better than what you have, I do know that Metzeler's typically tend to be a softer compound and wear quicker.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 10:46:18 PM »

I have the ME 880 on my 08 SERK. (same tire sizes as your scooter) I will be going to the Dunlop E-3 front and D 407 ( I think that's the right number) rear when I wear these out. Rich, Howie and I all experienced some rather poor performance in the rain on the ME 880 @ Maggie Valley. I believe Rich (DRTYK9) had cupping with the ME 880 very early on. You can check with him.

If you go with the ME 880, run em at max pressure. They do seem better with the highest pressure advised. FWIW.

JW

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 09:16:43 AM »

I'm glad to see that Metz has the same tire size for our 07 SERK's, Thats what i will go with for sure, I ran them on my Low Rider and had no problems at all, But you do have to run the recommened tire pressure to get the best performance out of them. I think they ride and handle great.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.