Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Kawasaki Re-enters Law Enforcement Market  (Read 2633 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Kawasaki Re-enters Law Enforcement Market
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 01:22:37 PM »

OK, first and most important question - does this mean that Ponch and Jon are coming out of retirement? 

They already did. They rode BMW RTs.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 01:24:15 PM »

Save me...why do we do it?

Because we want to and because we can.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »

I fully get it with the Kawasaki's, but I just can't picture a fleet of Kia's or Hyundai's or even Toyota's for cop cars.

If you ever do see Kias or Hyundais in uniform they will be probably be parking enforcement or traffic control, but not patrol cars strictly for the fact that they don't meet police pursuit requirements, whatever that is. Out here in LA traffic control uses those old Dodge Neons. Those ultra compacts can't hold large unruly drunks cuffed in the back seat, have the HP and TQ to accellerate briskly on the freeway, or the size and weight to perform the PIT manuever. They also lack the trunk size to mount all the radios and carry tactical gear, let alone the overall size to carry five fully dressed officers. A lot of PDs are using the Dodge Charger or Chevy Malibu or Impala, but for the most part the traditional patrol car has been the Ford Crown Vic. I think Ford is now touting the Police Package SHO Taurus. Out here in LA some of the beach patrols use Toyota 4-Runners, but those are mostly beach specific. You probably won't see those out on the freeway. Even the lifeguards use Nissan trucks. I know for a while in the 70s and 80s, Arlington/Fall Church Virginia used to use Volvos. I don't know if they still do.

Friend of mine is a police chief and told me that Ford promised Crown Vics until 2012.  Don't know if this is still true.  He said the chargers are crap and go through brakes very quickly.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

..Hawk

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 10:40:13 PM »

Reason #9 

Because they sound like a motorcycle should.   :coolblue:

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 09:52:45 PM »

The PD Motor Officers and administrations look at their bikes in a totally different manner than we do as recreational-transportation owners and riders. They look at the Motor as a platform to do their jobs as safely and with the least amount of drama as possible. The administration looks at the Motor as the best being the cheapest to maintain over its usefull lifespan with the least amount of downtime. These concepts are often at odds because the guy on the Motor is most concerned with keeping his ass intact while doing his job. I sold my 2008 C-14 last fall, mostly because I could not make it fit me, but I gotta say it was the fastest anything that I have ever operated, scary fast! Beware nerdowells...

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 11:52:16 PM »

The administration looks at the Motor as the best being the cheapest to maintain over its usefull lifespan with the least amount of downtime.

Bingo, and as well know, that's not Harley.

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »

I have reread this a couple of times now scratching my head.  
Are we a bunch of f--nin' idiots who spend 35k-40k on what we believe to be an inferior motorcycle?
 :soapbox:
Now I'm opeining this can of worms so I don't go down to my local rice dealer and trade my FLHTCUSE4 for a Goldwing or Concourse.  

Save me...why do we do it?

1. I know its NOT the wet multi-plate clutch.  Got it, had it for years
2. It's not the ABS. Got it.
3. Not the adjustable windshield.  Don't need it.
4. could be the missing performance
5. could be the missing radiator ( which could be the reason for the missing performance )
6. Not because of the light weight plastic.  I like my heavy smooth ride that doesn't blow around in the breeze and yet still handles good at slow speed.
Save me I am running out of time!!!
Please keep the list going... please save me I don't wanna ride a bike named silverado or concourse or goldwing....HELP ME

Yeah, put me on the idiot list. Do not ask me why... I think that the reason may be too complex to contemplate
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.