Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DEADLY CHARITY RIDE  (Read 2428 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
DEADLY CHARITY RIDE
« on: April 03, 2006, 01:51:07 PM »

This past Saturday about 70 members from several motorcycle clubs and other riders met for a Relay For Life charity ride.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 06:04:05 PM by 04hd103 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Re: DEADLY CHARITY RIDE
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 01:52:15 PM »

« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 01:56:39 PM by 04hd103 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 02:01:46 PM »

that is scary chit man. i t cant image what those rider went through either being directly affected or just seeing it go down and trying to avoid it
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 02:16:34 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, 04hd103,
  Man, that's sad.  It's my belief if the Medical Profession knew 65 years ago, what they know now, about alcohol, you would have to have a perscription to obtain it.  Tobacco related deaths are miniscule, compared to alcohol related deaths.  The media has it wrong, as usual.  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 02:21:12 PM »

I do the MS ride with Dee Snider every year and we had a situation where an old codger decided he didn't want to wait anymore for the bikes to pass and pulled out into a ton of bike traffic going the same way as we were.He just missed clipping a few bikes and now was travelling with the pack.When the riders he almost hit caught up to him it got ugly real fast.It seems to me alot of these charity rides don't get enough volunteers or police to monitor the traffic .It can be very dangerous if some drivers get antsy and think they can make it across the road before you hit them or worse if the driver is intoxicated.That pic made me sick.Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 05:56:58 PM »

What a $hitty way to start the season. Same thing happened a couple of years ago down around Cincinnati, young driver, left of center 1 dead and several hurt badly. Just makes ya sick to your stomach. Polish the bell and my prayers to all involved.
Y'all be real careful out there and for heaven's sake, remember your not a lemming when your in a group.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 12:59:14 PM »

Very sad.

In New Jersey refusal of a sobriety - breathalyzer or chemical test is an automatic loss of license and a "presumed" impaired charge. Funny thing is, for the first offense a lack of liability insurance charge has a longer loss of licenses charge a first offense DWI, 7 months compared to 3 months.

Something to keep in mind in New Jersey, Operate a boat while intoxed and you will lose you driver's license.

http://www.state.nj.us/oag/dcj/agguide/dwi2005-penaltytable.pdf
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 10:53:24 PM »

Oh Man is that just the worst one I've seen in more than recent memory.
May god be with our fallen brother, and my prayers go out to his family and friends. Also my hopes that all the other injured brothers and sisters have a speedy and full recovery. What a damn shame!  :'(
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.