Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: "New" Victory Cross Road Tour  (Read 13482 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
"New" Victory Cross Road Tour
« on: August 05, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »

Pretty impressive bike, and some more direct competition for HD...always a good thing.  Certainly a better look than the Vision, IMO.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory-Motorcycles/2011-worlds-longest-test-ride/blog/default.aspx?WT.mc_id=181ED118-99B7-E011-9280-0017A4A77F44&WT.mc_ev=email&WT.mc_id=

Heated seat; heated grips; vented lowers; 4.7" of rear suspension travel and 5.1" on front forks; 26.25" seat height; HID headlight; 5.8 gal tank; ABS; Ipod interface.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:46:31 PM by TCnBham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: "New" Victory Cross Road Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:10:15 PM »

victory competition for harley davidson? did you just wake up to day? if your impressed by them, you have not rode
 a harley......axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 11:10:36 AM »

victory competition for harley davidson? did you just wake up to day? if your impressed by them, you have not rode
 a harley
......axil

I haven't kept up with ALL the miles I've put on a HD, as the Panhead I had in the very early 70's (Chopper) did not have a speedometer/odometer, but between it, an '06 SEUC, an '06 SEVROD, and the present '11 SERGU, I'd conservatively put it at 50,000 miles or more, just on Harleys.  In addition, I've ridden Bultaco, Honda's of various sorts, Ducati, Star, and test ridden a Victory Vision.  Not as many miles as some...more than others.  Does that qualify me?  And yes, I did just wake up today...about an hour or so ago.

Nobody can compete with HD in total numbers of bikes sold...does that mean a HD is the be all, end all bike?  Not no, but hell no.  It means they are the most popular brand.  And, if people purchased a bike based solely on reliability, function, and performance, right out of the box, they'd likely make another choice.  But, we all drink the Kool Aid.  Me included.

The point of the orginal post was just to say that here is a viable alternative, at a decent price point...take a look.  Nice bike, obviously directed at those who are in the market for a full blown touring bike, and yes, it is competition and might capture a small piece of the market that Victory would not otherwise have a shot at.  Little, if any, competition is what has made HD become so complacent in their quality control, reliability, and general performance in the last several years.  More competition makes everyone step up their game, which is a good thing for the consumer.  Do you think it is an accident that HD decided to put 103" engines in most of the bikes for 2012?  Or that ABS is available?  HD did not do these things out of the goodness of their heart.  Aesthetics aside, This bike is good competition.

TTS Mastertune

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »

The point of the orginal post was just to say that here is a viable alternative, at a decent price point...take a look.  Nice bike, obviously directed at those who are in the market for a full blown touring bike, and yes, it is competition and might capture a small piece of the market that Victory would not otherwise have a shot at.  Little, if any, competition is what has made HD become so complacent in their quality control, reliability, and general performance in the last several years.  More competition makes everyone step up their game, which is a good thing for the consumer.  Do you think it is an accident that HD decided to put 103" engines in most of the bikes for 2012?  Or that ABS is available?  HD did not do these things out of the goodness of their heart.  Aesthetics aside, This bike is good competition.

Hopefully HD gets the hint and steps up to the plate. Look at the US automakers after all the years they spent pushing out expensive crap.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »

Hopefully HD gets the hint and steps up to the plate. Look at the US automakers after all the years they spent pushing out expensive crap.

Precisely...US automakers would have never changed anything they were doing in the early 70's if they had not received stiff competition from Japan.  Now, look at all the really great cars available to everyone, by virtually all manufacturers.  The consumer benefits from competition, generally speaking.  I don't miss the days at all of having to do tune ups on cars every time you turned around, replace brakes, change fluids every 3K....the list goes on and on.  While I enjoy tinkering with my HD (if you don't, you'd better not get one  ;D), it's not my main transportation.

I looked seriously at the Cross Country back last year.  At the time, they did not have ABS and a few other things I feel are necessary for me to purchase any given bike these days, depending on how much money I have to spend.  I particularly liked the Cory Ness version of this bike, and will be anxious to see the 2012 version...not that I'm going to buy one, but it's nice to see a "CVO" version of the bike, just like the Arlen Ness version of the Vision.  Personally, I can't get past the look of the Vision, but it really is a nice bike, if you just look at it from a functional point of view.  To me, Victory put out a potential winner with this year's Cross Country.  It's a nice bike.  I think it will be popular with some of those looking at Ultra Classics, or some of the Japanese versions of "Harleyesque" touring bikes.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:21:50 PM by TCnBham »

TTS Mastertune

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 02:10:32 PM »

A seriously nice looking bike.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

C2CRider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »

In the long run, Victory is going to give HD a real run for their money.  Key element will be dealership network and availability.  They had a larger presence in Sturgis this year than before.  Also saw a few groups of Victory riders, not just the occasional solo rider anymore.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »

What I like best about Victory motorcycles is when more and more people buy their koolaid their sales will increase.
When Victory sales increase enough then Harley will have to either build a better bike, or drop their price (or both) to maintain sales.
For me, that will be a victory in my relationship with Harley Davidson..
Go Victory.

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 07:57:47 PM »

If Victory is successful enough to push the Moco into improving quality and to push the MOCO dealers into more competent service, then we're all winners!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 08:22:42 PM »

It's kinda funny.
A went and sat on a Victory before I traded in my 08 on the 11.
The bike felt great,was really thinking about buying one.
But when I talked to the sales guy, It reminded me of past Harley shop talks.
This guy was a arrogant D&*K Head.
Now I am not sure if it's because I rode in on a Harley and he thought I was wasting his time or what!
But if they are to up there sales, they better up the way they talk to people.

I should thank him though, as I just love my 2011.
Just sayin.
Dave
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 08:43:25 PM by bigdave110 »

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 08:47:21 PM »

I have serviced a hand full victory motor cycles and there motor are noisy , there chassis are lame, and there
  handle bar switches are like...after market cheap junk. and the electrics are poor. I try to find the good in things
  before i say something negative. imop thay will go the way of the doo doo bird long before hd.     

sorry if i offend any victory owners, thay are differant but no competition to hd.     axil

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »

I have serviced a hand full victory motor cycles and there motor are noisy , there chassis are lame, and there
  handle bar switches are like...after market cheap junk. and the electrics are poor.

Axil,
 no dig at you, but this sounds like a statement I have heard many Harley techs and customers make in the past.
Just add, parts are overpriced, some wobble and some don't, motor running hot, oil temp way to high, last but not least, paint is subject to be f'ed up, and you will be describing a Harley many of us have owned. ;D
Maybe Victory has it down pat already.  Just sayin!
HAHA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hope you find this as funny as I did typing it.
Have a great day.
Dave

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 10:51:17 PM »

handle bar switches are like...after market cheap junk. and the electrics are poor.

Axil,
 no dig at you, but this sounds like a statement I have heard many Harley techs and customers make in the past.
Just add, parts are overpriced, some wobble and some don't, motor running hot, oil temp way to high, last but not least, paint is subject to be f'ed up, and you will be describing a Harley many of us have owned. ;D
Maybe Victory has it down pat already.  Just sayin!
HAHA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hope you find this as funny as I did typing it.   

Have a great day.
Dave

:2vrolijk_21:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »

Harley Bikes are unique, A Harley is it's own and always will be. Every time i look at a Victory,, I see four Japanese bikes molded into one, IMO Victory has borrowed aesthetically from Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki & Kawasaki. And then Arlen Ness screwed it all up..  :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.