Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: "New" Victory Cross Road Tour  (Read 13486 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
"New" Victory Cross Road Tour
« on: August 05, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »

Pretty impressive bike, and some more direct competition for HD...always a good thing.  Certainly a better look than the Vision, IMO.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory-Motorcycles/2011-worlds-longest-test-ride/blog/default.aspx?WT.mc_id=181ED118-99B7-E011-9280-0017A4A77F44&WT.mc_ev=email&WT.mc_id=

Heated seat; heated grips; vented lowers; 4.7" of rear suspension travel and 5.1" on front forks; 26.25" seat height; HID headlight; 5.8 gal tank; ABS; Ipod interface.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:46:31 PM by TCnBham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: "New" Victory Cross Road Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:10:15 PM »

victory competition for harley davidson? did you just wake up to day? if your impressed by them, you have not rode
 a harley......axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 11:10:36 AM »

victory competition for harley davidson? did you just wake up to day? if your impressed by them, you have not rode
 a harley
......axil

I haven't kept up with ALL the miles I've put on a HD, as the Panhead I had in the very early 70's (Chopper) did not have a speedometer/odometer, but between it, an '06 SEUC, an '06 SEVROD, and the present '11 SERGU, I'd conservatively put it at 50,000 miles or more, just on Harleys.  In addition, I've ridden Bultaco, Honda's of various sorts, Ducati, Star, and test ridden a Victory Vision.  Not as many miles as some...more than others.  Does that qualify me?  And yes, I did just wake up today...about an hour or so ago.

Nobody can compete with HD in total numbers of bikes sold...does that mean a HD is the be all, end all bike?  Not no, but hell no.  It means they are the most popular brand.  And, if people purchased a bike based solely on reliability, function, and performance, right out of the box, they'd likely make another choice.  But, we all drink the Kool Aid.  Me included.

The point of the orginal post was just to say that here is a viable alternative, at a decent price point...take a look.  Nice bike, obviously directed at those who are in the market for a full blown touring bike, and yes, it is competition and might capture a small piece of the market that Victory would not otherwise have a shot at.  Little, if any, competition is what has made HD become so complacent in their quality control, reliability, and general performance in the last several years.  More competition makes everyone step up their game, which is a good thing for the consumer.  Do you think it is an accident that HD decided to put 103" engines in most of the bikes for 2012?  Or that ABS is available?  HD did not do these things out of the goodness of their heart.  Aesthetics aside, This bike is good competition.

TTS Mastertune

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »

The point of the orginal post was just to say that here is a viable alternative, at a decent price point...take a look.  Nice bike, obviously directed at those who are in the market for a full blown touring bike, and yes, it is competition and might capture a small piece of the market that Victory would not otherwise have a shot at.  Little, if any, competition is what has made HD become so complacent in their quality control, reliability, and general performance in the last several years.  More competition makes everyone step up their game, which is a good thing for the consumer.  Do you think it is an accident that HD decided to put 103" engines in most of the bikes for 2012?  Or that ABS is available?  HD did not do these things out of the goodness of their heart.  Aesthetics aside, This bike is good competition.

Hopefully HD gets the hint and steps up to the plate. Look at the US automakers after all the years they spent pushing out expensive crap.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »

Hopefully HD gets the hint and steps up to the plate. Look at the US automakers after all the years they spent pushing out expensive crap.

Precisely...US automakers would have never changed anything they were doing in the early 70's if they had not received stiff competition from Japan.  Now, look at all the really great cars available to everyone, by virtually all manufacturers.  The consumer benefits from competition, generally speaking.  I don't miss the days at all of having to do tune ups on cars every time you turned around, replace brakes, change fluids every 3K....the list goes on and on.  While I enjoy tinkering with my HD (if you don't, you'd better not get one  ;D), it's not my main transportation.

I looked seriously at the Cross Country back last year.  At the time, they did not have ABS and a few other things I feel are necessary for me to purchase any given bike these days, depending on how much money I have to spend.  I particularly liked the Cory Ness version of this bike, and will be anxious to see the 2012 version...not that I'm going to buy one, but it's nice to see a "CVO" version of the bike, just like the Arlen Ness version of the Vision.  Personally, I can't get past the look of the Vision, but it really is a nice bike, if you just look at it from a functional point of view.  To me, Victory put out a potential winner with this year's Cross Country.  It's a nice bike.  I think it will be popular with some of those looking at Ultra Classics, or some of the Japanese versions of "Harleyesque" touring bikes.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:21:50 PM by TCnBham »

TTS Mastertune

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 02:10:32 PM »

A seriously nice looking bike.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

C2CRider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »

In the long run, Victory is going to give HD a real run for their money.  Key element will be dealership network and availability.  They had a larger presence in Sturgis this year than before.  Also saw a few groups of Victory riders, not just the occasional solo rider anymore.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »

What I like best about Victory motorcycles is when more and more people buy their koolaid their sales will increase.
When Victory sales increase enough then Harley will have to either build a better bike, or drop their price (or both) to maintain sales.
For me, that will be a victory in my relationship with Harley Davidson..
Go Victory.

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 07:57:47 PM »

If Victory is successful enough to push the Moco into improving quality and to push the MOCO dealers into more competent service, then we're all winners!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 08:22:42 PM »

It's kinda funny.
A went and sat on a Victory before I traded in my 08 on the 11.
The bike felt great,was really thinking about buying one.
But when I talked to the sales guy, It reminded me of past Harley shop talks.
This guy was a arrogant D&*K Head.
Now I am not sure if it's because I rode in on a Harley and he thought I was wasting his time or what!
But if they are to up there sales, they better up the way they talk to people.

I should thank him though, as I just love my 2011.
Just sayin.
Dave
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 08:43:25 PM by bigdave110 »

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 08:47:21 PM »

I have serviced a hand full victory motor cycles and there motor are noisy , there chassis are lame, and there
  handle bar switches are like...after market cheap junk. and the electrics are poor. I try to find the good in things
  before i say something negative. imop thay will go the way of the doo doo bird long before hd.     

sorry if i offend any victory owners, thay are differant but no competition to hd.     axil

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »

I have serviced a hand full victory motor cycles and there motor are noisy , there chassis are lame, and there
  handle bar switches are like...after market cheap junk. and the electrics are poor.

Axil,
 no dig at you, but this sounds like a statement I have heard many Harley techs and customers make in the past.
Just add, parts are overpriced, some wobble and some don't, motor running hot, oil temp way to high, last but not least, paint is subject to be f'ed up, and you will be describing a Harley many of us have owned. ;D
Maybe Victory has it down pat already.  Just sayin!
HAHA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hope you find this as funny as I did typing it.
Have a great day.
Dave

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 10:51:17 PM »

handle bar switches are like...after market cheap junk. and the electrics are poor.

Axil,
 no dig at you, but this sounds like a statement I have heard many Harley techs and customers make in the past.
Just add, parts are overpriced, some wobble and some don't, motor running hot, oil temp way to high, last but not least, paint is subject to be f'ed up, and you will be describing a Harley many of us have owned. ;D
Maybe Victory has it down pat already.  Just sayin!
HAHA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hope you find this as funny as I did typing it.   

Have a great day.
Dave

:2vrolijk_21:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »

Harley Bikes are unique, A Harley is it's own and always will be. Every time i look at a Victory,, I see four Japanese bikes molded into one, IMO Victory has borrowed aesthetically from Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki & Kawasaki. And then Arlen Ness screwed it all up..  :P

Half_Crazy

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 12:01:26 PM »

Harley Bikes are unique, A Harley is it's own and always will be. Every time i look at a Victory,, I see four Japanese bikes molded into one, IMO Victory has borrowed aesthetically from Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki & Kawasaki. And then Arlen Ness screwed it all up..  :P

Sorry, but Arlen Ness didn't design Victory motorcycles. Since the Vegas models, they have been designed my Michael Song. This is the Victory design deparment in a nutshell:

Ness talking about Victory and Harley:

Line Workers:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:15:47 PM by Half_Crazy »

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »

Just enjoyed reading this thread, thanks to everyone that contributed. I have two cvo's, very happy with both of them still trying to get the two to my finished goals of personalization. I know I will never part with either and haven't seen anything Harley offers that makes me want to trade up (sorry if you don't agree, just my opinion).

I looked at the Cory Ness limited edition (first year) just before I purchased my 05 sefb and found it to be nice maybe comparing to a cvo deuce but just didn't seem refined enough to me to be the bike I wanted. I have owned Polaris snowmobiles, have been to the factory in Roseau and totally believe in what they stand for! Don't know if another bike is in my future and if I want to commit to the additional money pit but am impressed with how far they have come and have to take my hat off to where they are today. I don't have a hard on for HD I just don't like the direction they are heading these days  (hope they read and understand this).

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 08:47:26 AM »

Sorry, but Arlen Ness didn't design Victory motorcycles. Since the Vegas models, they have been designed my Michael Song. This is the Victory design deparment in a nutshell:

Ness talking about Victory and Harley:

Line Workers:

Not even going to bother to explain this one.  :bigcry:

[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:49:54 AM by cvobiker »

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 10:40:15 PM »

Granted this is a Harley oriented site, it's great to see some conversation on things other than Harley.  It's true that Polaris Industries will give the MoCo some healthy competition as they have just recently purchased Indian Motorcycle Company.  With the production capabilities and knowledge of motorsports, if there were a company that could turn Indian towards profitability, it would be Polaris.  They have vowed never to mix Victory and Indian, but guarantee there won't be overlap and parts interchangeability between the two.  With those production capabilities, Indians will be priced to compete with comparable Harley's...and if you ask me, those Chief fenders are bada**.  (One of the owners of Rochester Harley-Davidson where I used to work had a Black Heritage Softail we put Genuine Indian Chief Fenders on.  It was the most gorgeous custom bike I ever saw roll out of the shop besides the Cycle Visions Road Rod they did after I left.)

Half_Crazy

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 10:08:37 AM »

if there were a company that could turn Indian towards profitability, it would be Polaris.

I'm excited at the prospect of Indian motorcycles becoming a major player again. Can't wait to see what Polaris does with this.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 10:18:45 AM »

I am on my way to trade my FLTRUSE>>>>>>>>>NAAAAAAAAHHH

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »

Can you imagine a transformed Polaris Indian with that big tall ugly Victory engine stuck in it.   :puke:

Half_Crazy

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 11:14:41 AM »

Something like this with a powerful/reliable/smooth engine, good suspension, a competent chassis, and good brakes... priced in the low 20s... I'd be all over it.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »

I,d have to take 50% of the front fender and make a windshield out of it
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 11:41:58 AM »

I'm tired of repairing shoddy quality garbage on my CVO, I have a buddy who has a 2009 8ball and I rode it the day he got it... absolutely without hesitation the fastest production V-twin I have ever ridden.

Last time the radio went on my bike (fourth time now) I shined it up and went over to the Victory dealer to see what he'd give me for mine... while he looked it over I took a 2011 Cross Roads out for a ride.

Ride was disappointing, the motor was crap comared to my buddy's... not sure why. I noticed a huge issue with turbulence off the fairing, switches looked cheap, and it sounded like a sewing machine.

If it had been even close to what I had experienced before I would have bought it that day, maybe the 12's will be different?

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 02:52:29 PM »

Perhaps I'm just a lover of everything nostalgic or fresh looking and off the beaten path.  I think the look of the Victory touring bikes are fresh, crazy, somewhat space aged, and different and that appeals to me.  My favorite Harley look-wise has got to be the discontinued FLSTS as there's just something about the springer fork, different front fender supports, chrome rail around the seat, etc.  I also love the Indian Chief fenders as they are paying hommage to the old days.  Then again, I also thought the indented tank and huge springer front fork that went through the fender on an Excelsior Henderson were sweet too.  Those bikes didn't sell well, so perhaps my taste is askew. 

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »

Oh, and just another slightly off topic thing about Polaris Industries: At about the same time they acquired Indian Motorcycles, they also acquired GEM Electric vehicles from Chrysler.  Just thought I should throw that in there too.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 06:01:54 PM »

Something like this with a powerful/reliable/smooth engine, good suspension, a competent chassis, and good brakes... priced in the low 20s... I'd be all over it.

There you have a Custom Chrome Catalog special.... If you want one so bad,, pull out the CC catalog and order away..   :2vrolijk_21:

Half_Crazy

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 08:32:26 PM »

There you have a Custom Chrome Catalog special.... If you want one so bad,, pull out the CC catalog and order away..   :2vrolijk_21:

That's exactly what Polaris will fix, no more catalog bikes with Indian logos on them. No more novelty bikes, but bikes made to ride. Give polaris a couple of years to get this sorted out and watch what happens. Those guys don't play. They built a motorcycle line from a blank sheet of paper and became a contender in the American motorcycle market in only 12 years. Going from "We don't build motorcycles" to "We build world-class motorcycles" in such a short time is quite a feat.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »

I took a 2011 Cross Roads out for a ride.

Ride was disappointing, the motor was crap comared to my buddy's... not sure why. I noticed a huge issue with turbulence off the fairing, switches looked cheap, and it sounded like a sewing machine.

Murph, lot of times the grass appears greener on the other side of the street.
When you get there you find there are weeds in that grass also.
None of them are without issue, the internet shows that.

:nervous:       :nervous:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »

That's exactly what Polaris will fix, no more catalog bikes with Indian logos on them. No more novelty bikes, but bikes made to ride. Give polaris a couple of years to get this sorted out and watch what happens. Those guys don't play. They built a motorcycle line from a blank sheet of paper and became a contender in the American motorcycle market in only 12 years. Going from "We don't build motorcycles" to "We build world-class motorcycles" in such a short time is quite a feat.

I think you're gonna have to find a Polaris/Indian, not to mention Victory, Forum to agree with you on that..  Try this one,, http://www.victoryforums.com/.. I did, and i mentioned my CVO Harley Davidson, and i''ll be damed - everyone got really rude with me and made me feel unwelcome..   Now thats not really right..   >:(

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »

Ho hum someone's gonna try the "overpriced" Indian again...I like some of the Victory's but not the Vision can't get used to that intergalatic spaceship look. 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »

I bought my 08 CVO springer because I fell in love with it.  I looked at other manufacturers and if they had produced something that I liked better, I would have probably bought one.  I'm not the type to buy a H-D just because its a H-D.  Competition in any industry is ultimately good for the consumer and as the saying goes "variety is the spice of life". Personally, I'm glad to see other American motorcycle manufacturers enter the contest.  In time, I think Victory will gain their own followers and some of these will very well be prior H-D owners. Just my opinion guys.
Jesus is Lord

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 11:25:09 PM »

The way I see it, I hope they sell many of them.  The more American made alternatives, real alternatives, the better.

Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2011, 11:39:59 PM »

I have no problem with Victory, or Polaris, or Indian... or anything else. I wish every motorcycle manufacturer could be wildly sucessful.

I came close to buying an Indian Super Chief when the company came back in business several years ago, because I just LOVE the Old Skool look of them. They are stunningly beautiful. Then I got to thinking about maintenance, parts availability and cost, the viability of the new Indian company... and passed. Glad I did... I would have had to pay a FORTUNE to keep an Indian on the road...

I do not NOT like the look of any Victory bike I have ever seen... they are OK at best, but not serious contenders for my business. They seem to be trying to be Anti-Harleys, but fail... and I can't really take them seriously. The look of their Touring bike is just silly IMHO... I would never even CONSIDER buying a bike that weird-looking. It looks ridiculous to me...

Love it or hate it... but the MoCo sells more CVOs alone every year than Victory sells motorcycles in total. There is a reason for that... or are we all just stupid lemmings with more dollars than sense?   I think NOT...

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2011, 11:53:31 PM »

Love it or hate it... but the MoCo sells more CVOs alone every year than Victory sells motorcycles in total. There is a reason for that... or are we all just stupid lemmings with more dollars than sense?   I think NOT...

Hey man, I resemble that remark!   ;)
Jesus is Lord

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 01:52:11 AM »

Hey man, I resemble that remark!   ;)

LOL! It's true tho... are all of us Harley buyers retards, or what? I wouldn't own a Victory... the styling does nothing for me AT ALL... just blends into the woodwork... No one comes up to a Victory and says "Oooooooh!"... Now an Indian... that's a different story... but I sure wouldn't want to OWN one... just sayin'...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Half_Crazy

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 09:07:39 AM »

So, if we like one we have to hate the other? They're just motorcycles...

Half_Crazy

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 09:22:14 AM »

1: I didn't ask anyone to agree with me.
2: All I have to post is "good morning" and people around here have the hair on the back of their necks standing straight up. Yes, I own a Victory and see no reason to apologize for my American motorcycle.

I was told all were welcome, but obviously that's not so.   

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »

2: All I have to post is "good morning" and people around here have the hair on the back of their necks standing straight up. Yes, I own a Victory and see no reason to apologize for my American motorcycle.

Hey man - all ARE welcome, and you have absolutely nothing to apologize for, for owning an American motorcycle. I think it's great you own an American one. I was just voicing my opinion like everyone else here. It's a discussion. If you don't agree, fine. I just don't really like the look of Victories - never have. If you do, and you like yours, then great... go out and ride it enjoy it, and don't be concerned about what people say about it in a Harley forum.

But, I will also say that this is a Harley CVO forum after all... and people are here to talk about Harleys, not other brands... I personally would never go on a Victory forum and start talking about my CVO, nor start bashing Victories. People there would probably not be very interested in that, and I would likely get flamed a lot. I am not saying that you have bashed Harleys on here, because I frankly don't know - but if you do, then I understand why some people on here might get upset with that...

RIDE SAFE

The Wizard's Tune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2011, 12:05:50 PM »

Since I posted the original post that got all this started....My intention is NEVER to slam another person's choice in what they ride.  While personally, I don't care for the look on the Vision, this CRT bike is a look that I think will bring some buyers who are on the fence with HD...and that is a good thing, IMO.  Hell, I don't like some of the bikes that HD produces either, and would never consider buying one.  If I could buy a second bike, it would likely be a "naked" bike, and Victory would get a good hard look from me, as I think they build a good product, and are going to be around for a long time to come, making incremental improvements each year.  Competition is a good thing for all of us, and Victory is serious competition.

Having said that, people get defensive about their choices, no matter what it is.  It's human nature.

TTS Mastertune

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »

This is starting to resemble some of your other recent posts.

NorthGeorgiaHawg has a couple of really valid points, what did you expect when you joined a Harley forum as a non Harley owner?

As a Patriots fan I would expect to get some friction if I opted to join a Bills forum... some may call me a glutton for punishment, and on reflection I don't think I could disagree!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2011, 01:05:33 PM »

Having said that, people get defensive about their choices, no matter what it is.  It's human nature.

IMO this is not an issue about who likes what bike.
Or even who makes a better, faster or more dependable bike.
I think it's about getting attention.
For example,
On a website dedicated to Hot Rod Chevy's someone shows up with a Ford acting like Chevy people want to hear about Fords. (Constantly)
On a website dedicated to Harley's someone promotes another brand, knowing it's a Harley site. (Constantly)
Or on a website that's dedicated to Master Craft boats a guy in a Bass Tracker shows up thinking people want to hear about his boat. (Constantly)
How about a website dedicated to Dual Sport riding, they all know about Harley's but do they want to hear about the CVO that did a dual sport ride? (Constantly)
Simple answer is, a few time yes but Constantly NO!
But as I said, this isn't about any brand it's about getting attention.
As long as the posting rules of this forum are followed everyone is welcome.
Here we love our Harley's and we are dedicated to our Screamin Eagle/CVO's.
We all have access to the internet if we want to learn of other models/makes. Occasionally hearing the scope and poop on other brands is fine, just not Constantly.
Anymore than that IMO it's just people trying to draw attention to themselves.
Attention is fine if they need it, but when the new season of SOA starts who really cares.
How many here ponied up for that $15.95 SOA Henna tattoo, if you did, please don't tell me.
Talk about a desperate cry for attention.

::)

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »

They make other kinds than just henna you know!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »

They make other kinds than just henna you know!

Now Murph, my discussion was about Henna tattoo's.
Don't be trying to promote another brand.
Focus my friend, Focus!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »

IMO this is not an issue about who likes what bike.
Or even who makes a better, faster or more dependable bike.
I think it's about getting attention.
For example,
On a website dedicated to Hot Rod Chevy's someone shows up with a Ford acting like Chevy people want to hear about Fords. (Constantly)
On a website dedicated to Harley's someone promotes another brand, knowing it's a Harley site. (Constantly)
Or on a website that's dedicated to Master Craft boats a guy in a Bass Tracker shows up thinking people want to hear about his boat. (Constantly)
How about a website dedicated to Dual Sport riding, they all know about Harley's but do they want to hear about the CVO that did a dual sport ride? (Constantly)
Simple answer is, a few time yes but Constantly NO!
But as I said, this isn't about any brand it's about getting attention.
As long as the posting rules of this forum are followed everyone is welcome.
Here we love our Harley's and we are dedicated to our Screamin Eagle/CVO's.
We all have access to the internet if we want to learn of other models/makes. Occasionally hearing the scope and poop on other brands is fine, just not Constantly.
Anymore than that IMO it's just people trying to draw attention to themselves.
Attention is fine if they need it, but when the new season of SOA starts who really cares.
How many here ponied up for that $15.95 SOA Henna tattoo, if you did, please don't tell me.
Talk about a desperate cry for attention.

::)

SBB

you nailed it   :2vrolijk_21:

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2011, 02:00:59 PM »

What is a $15.95 SOA Henna tattoo?

I guess I've lived a sheltered life :nixweiss:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2011, 02:15:55 PM »

What is a $15.95 SOA Henna tattoo?

I guess I've lived a sheltered life :nixweiss:

http://shop.fxnetworks.com/sons-of-anarchy-temporary-reaper-tattoo-set-of-2/detail.php?p=303767&ecid=SMM-12651&pa=SMM-12651

Beemer, if leading a sheltered life mean you didn't know about the above, it's a good sheltered life.
You haven't missed a thing.

;)

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2011, 02:24:17 PM »

Exclusive! Wear your Sons of Anarchy colors without the pain or initiation. Perfect for that SAMCRO fanatic or anyone wanting to intimidate other motorists, the Sons of Anarchy Temporary Reaper Tattoo applies easily with water. Have your friends thinking you joined the Sons of Anarchy!

Thanks for the link SBB, that's totally awesome... all the gain with none of the pain!

I'm gonna start my own Chapter right away!!!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:27:32 PM by murphy »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2011, 02:27:08 PM »

Exclusive! Wear your Sons of Anarchy colors without the pain or initiation. Perfect for that SAMCRO fanatic or anyone wanting to intimidate other motorists, the Sons of Anarchy Temporary Reaper Tattoo applies easily with water. Have your friends thinking you joined the Sons of Anarchy!

•Two temporary tattoos included

Thanks for the link SBB, that's totally awesome... all the gain with none of the pain!

I'm gonna start my own Chapter right away!!!!

You guys are killin me.

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2011, 02:29:53 PM »

Trying real hard to GAS and failing.

Half_Crazy

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »

This is starting to resemble some of your other recent posts.

Specifically, what other recent posts are you referring to?

No matter what I say, people take it as a thinly disguised bash on Harley because I own a Victory. If anyone else posted the same thing it would be taken at face value and no one's panties would get wadded up around the axle.

I don't understand why my owning a Victory instantly puts everyone on the defensive... oh wait, yes I do.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »

Your telling me "good morning" has never made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, nor do I wear panties.  But, I do think you are rather whiny.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »

Specifically, what other recent posts are you referring to?

I don't know... the recent "Blasphemy - Gold Wing Thoughts" thread for starters.

Gee, you'd think somebody would take a hint... at least your consistent!

Half_Crazy

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2011, 11:42:59 PM »

Gee, you'd think somebody would take a hint

Hint taken.....

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2011, 09:12:12 AM »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »

Hint taken.....

E N J O Y ..

http://www.victoryforums.com/

;)

:vrolijk_26:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:14:53 PM by cvobiker »

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

Jeeze .... and the snow's not even flying yet  >:(

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2011, 01:42:04 PM »

Your telling me "good morning" has never made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, nor do I wear panties.  But, I do think you are rather whiny.

Good Morning.

I'd bet that if you DID wear panties, you'd never admit it on a HD forum.  ;D
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2011, 02:12:04 PM »

E N J O Y ..

http://www.victoryforums.com/

;)

:tekst-toppie:

:ROFLOL:  :vrolijk_6::ROFLOL:  :vrolijk_6::ROFLOL:  :vrolijk_6::ROFLOL:  :vrolijk_6::ROFLOL: :vrolijk_6: :vrolijk_6::ROFLOL:

The Wizard's Tune

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2011, 12:17:35 PM »

The moniker under the avatar was "go hard or go home"... I'm guessing the latter was chosen?  :nixweiss:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »

The moniker under the avatar was "go hard or go home"... I'm guessing the latter was chosen?  :nixweiss:

He'll be back, we all love the abuse.

casper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2011, 03:26:29 PM »

Yes he probably spent the weekend at the MD DE HOGS AT THE BEACH WEEKEND showing of his victory before Beike week

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »

Darn Casper, that was just plain mean.  ;)
Jesus is Lord

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »

I was at a bike event this weekend in Jacksonville and they had all the Victory motorcycles there:

It is different:

Police Dept. had a show of skill, impressive riding skills, cool stuff...

Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2011, 04:45:09 PM »

Noticed the police are on harleys not victory's! :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »

Noticed the police are on harleys not victory's! :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:

YEP! That's the first thing I noticed about that pic!

The Wizard's Tune

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2011, 06:33:42 PM »

You guys think, after all the crap you gave that other guy, that I was going to post just the Victory photo without a photo with a Harley!  :D

Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2011, 06:38:16 PM »

You guys think, after all the crap you gave that other guy, that I was going to post just the Victory photo without a photo with a Harley!  :D

Gave him?
Now that's funny.
 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
But to answer your question, of course not, we knew you were smarter than that!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2011, 08:08:21 PM »

Ya... but not as smart as a Victory owner though!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2011, 09:00:05 PM »

But we already know your position... you RIDE a Harley! And a very pretty one at that...   :2vrolijk_21:

The Wizard's Tune

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2011, 12:08:01 AM »

And here is another on a pretty blue bike! :2vrolijk_21:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2011, 08:50:56 AM »

And here is another on a pretty blue bike! :2vrolijk_21:

It's pictures like that, that make Victory owners D R E A M they owned a Harley... :P

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2011, 07:48:33 PM »

It's pictures like that, that make Victory owners D R E A M they owned a Harley... :P

I look at Victory bikes and just yawn. Nothing about the look appeals to me... they look like spaceships, and not very good-looking spaceships at that. Don't like the fairings, the tall cylinders, the round saddlebags... not anything about them, really.

Harleys have that classic look that seems to make everyone Ooh and Ahh. Harleys grab peoples' attention and get noticed. Maybe Victorys do to... but I highly suspect not.

The Wizard's Tune

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2011, 07:54:31 PM »

I like the one oil to change and the easy access to the oil filter, allthough I thought having three oils wasn't so bad when I blew my motor and the damage was only confined to where the engine oil was.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »

I like the one oil to change and the easy access to the oil filter, allthough I thought having three oils wasn't so bad when I blew my motor and the damage was only confined to where the engine oil was.

Ya pays your money, and ya takes your choice! I'll stick with Harleys... regardless of the MoCo's policies... I just LIKE 'em!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:56:55 PM by NorthGeorgiaHawg »

The Wizard's Tune

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2011, 01:24:32 PM »

The Vison is a different bike, a guy I know has one and LOVES it.  Another friend has a X-country and loves it as well.

Nice bikes, but not nice enough to get me to want one .. yet
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2011, 10:34:29 PM »

Hey... Half_Crazy went from "member" to "guest" status... was it something we said??? :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2011, 08:23:14 AM »

Hey... Half_Crazy went from "member" to "guest" status... was it something we said??? :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

I think so, and he ran home back to mama... ;D

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2011, 02:07:05 PM »

I sure miss his lovely comments. Maybe I will join the Victory site so I can brag about the Harleys. Now that he is gone we will have to see who has the fastest and best bike on this site now. :2vrolijk_21:

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2011, 02:47:07 PM »

I look at Victory bikes and just yawn. Nothing about the look appeals to me... they look like spaceships, and not very good-looking spaceships at that. Don't like the fairings, the tall cylinders, the round saddlebags... not anything about them, really.

Harleys have that classic look that seems to make everyone Ooh and Ahh. Harleys grab peoples' attention and get noticed. Maybe Victorys do to... but I highly suspect not.
Saw one in brown/tan yesterday...reaffirmed my opinion....FUGLY!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.354 seconds with 21 queries.