Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 5 bikers found dead in RV at Tenn. event  (Read 3147 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: 5 bikers found dead in RV at Tenn. event
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 09:57:23 AM »

Very sad news. That unforunate accident could have happened to anyone, any city, USA.  

It did.  A grandfather and grandaughter died at a horse show at the Clements Rodeo grounds in Clements, Ca. last weekend of carbon monide poisioning.  They were in one of those horse trailers where the front end is a camper.  Had a b-b-q with other horse show people and the grandpa put the b-b-q (still burning) in the back of the trailer.  Both were found dead in their beds the following afternoon, after all the other people had left and they were the last trailer there.

Sad situation.....carbon monide detectors can be worth their weight in gold.

http://www.kcra.com/news/29235730/detail.html 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:07:20 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 08:42:25 AM »

It did.  A grandfather and grandaughter died at a horse show at the Clements Rodeo grounds in Clements, Ca. last weekend of carbon monide poisioning.  They were in one of those horse trailers where the front end is a camper.  Had a b-b-q with other horse show people and the grandpa put the b-b-q (still burning) in the back of the trailer.  Both were found dead in their beds the following afternoon, after all the other people had left and they were the last trailer there.

Sad situation.....carbon monide detectors can be worth their weight in gold.

http://www.kcra.com/news/29235730/detail.html 

Sad story... I never would have thought that a charcoal grill put out carbon monoxide fumes...

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 11:37:02 AM »

Unbelievable....very sad :'(

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »

Sad story... I never would have thought that a charcoal grill put out carbon monoxide fumes...
Evidently, neither did they. Imho, anything that uses fuel of some sort to create heat is capable of creating toxic fumes.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

DJ56

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE (pumpkin)
    • CVO2: 05 FLHTCSE2 (two tone candy red)(2 of them)
    • CVO3: Not CVO; 07 Ultra Classic (black pearl)
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 05:26:52 PM »

That is how Brad Delp of the band Boston commited suicide...he brought in some charcoal cookers to his bathroom and sealed around the door and window..it worked.

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »

That is how Brad Delp of the band Boston commited suicide...

I didn't know that. :(
Jesus is Lord

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »

California passed a law that all homes are to have Carbon Monoxide detector. I was required to state that I have one installed after the city inspection of my new roof.

Kingsford was required by the govt. to put an image on their bags of charcoal warning of the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Requirement was due to the number of non-English reading customers who would put lit grills into tents and structures. Apparently people didn't want their grills stolen.

Leaking furnace and water heater exhaust is a culprit in the home.

I thought the write up of the article was done very well to describe the good charity work this biker group was performing.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 08:30:15 AM »

Very sad news. That unfortunate accident could have happened to anyone, any city, USA. 

This is sad but not an unfortunate accident. It was completely preventable. Proper use of a genny and an operating CO detector.
If you don't have a CO detector in whatever quarters you are living in, and use fuel for heat or use a generator, you put yourself in danger.

Charcoal grills, especially when the coals are "smoldering" along put out tremendous amounts of CO.

We once had a 9-11 call for a CO detector going off at a 1 family home. We had readings high enough to cause concern, but not life threatening.
It was probably close to an hour before we found the source - a charcoal grill in the garage of the house next door! Fortunately for those people who did not have a CO detector, they were at work.

With the economy now, public safety workers are the bane of society, and our work load has really changed over the years - thanks to mandatory smoke and CO detectors.

Check your batteries at least once a year and 6 months later change them (every 6 months you are either changing or checking). And if you don't have smoke and CO detectors - shame on you.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 08:31:12 AM »

BTW, next to alcohol related issues, improper generator use is a leading cause of boating fatalities.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 23 queries.