Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: "New" Victory Cross Road Tour  (Read 13471 times)

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: "New" Victory Cross Road Tour
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »

That's exactly what Polaris will fix, no more catalog bikes with Indian logos on them. No more novelty bikes, but bikes made to ride. Give polaris a couple of years to get this sorted out and watch what happens. Those guys don't play. They built a motorcycle line from a blank sheet of paper and became a contender in the American motorcycle market in only 12 years. Going from "We don't build motorcycles" to "We build world-class motorcycles" in such a short time is quite a feat.

I think you're gonna have to find a Polaris/Indian, not to mention Victory, Forum to agree with you on that..  Try this one,, http://www.victoryforums.com/.. I did, and i mentioned my CVO Harley Davidson, and i''ll be damed - everyone got really rude with me and made me feel unwelcome..   Now thats not really right..   >:(

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »

Ho hum someone's gonna try the "overpriced" Indian again...I like some of the Victory's but not the Vision can't get used to that intergalatic spaceship look. 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »

I bought my 08 CVO springer because I fell in love with it.  I looked at other manufacturers and if they had produced something that I liked better, I would have probably bought one.  I'm not the type to buy a H-D just because its a H-D.  Competition in any industry is ultimately good for the consumer and as the saying goes "variety is the spice of life". Personally, I'm glad to see other American motorcycle manufacturers enter the contest.  In time, I think Victory will gain their own followers and some of these will very well be prior H-D owners. Just my opinion guys.
Jesus is Lord

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 11:25:09 PM »

The way I see it, I hope they sell many of them.  The more American made alternatives, real alternatives, the better.

Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2011, 11:39:59 PM »

I have no problem with Victory, or Polaris, or Indian... or anything else. I wish every motorcycle manufacturer could be wildly sucessful.

I came close to buying an Indian Super Chief when the company came back in business several years ago, because I just LOVE the Old Skool look of them. They are stunningly beautiful. Then I got to thinking about maintenance, parts availability and cost, the viability of the new Indian company... and passed. Glad I did... I would have had to pay a FORTUNE to keep an Indian on the road...

I do not NOT like the look of any Victory bike I have ever seen... they are OK at best, but not serious contenders for my business. They seem to be trying to be Anti-Harleys, but fail... and I can't really take them seriously. The look of their Touring bike is just silly IMHO... I would never even CONSIDER buying a bike that weird-looking. It looks ridiculous to me...

Love it or hate it... but the MoCo sells more CVOs alone every year than Victory sells motorcycles in total. There is a reason for that... or are we all just stupid lemmings with more dollars than sense?   I think NOT...

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2011, 11:53:31 PM »

Love it or hate it... but the MoCo sells more CVOs alone every year than Victory sells motorcycles in total. There is a reason for that... or are we all just stupid lemmings with more dollars than sense?   I think NOT...

Hey man, I resemble that remark!   ;)
Jesus is Lord

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 01:52:11 AM »

Hey man, I resemble that remark!   ;)

LOL! It's true tho... are all of us Harley buyers retards, or what? I wouldn't own a Victory... the styling does nothing for me AT ALL... just blends into the woodwork... No one comes up to a Victory and says "Oooooooh!"... Now an Indian... that's a different story... but I sure wouldn't want to OWN one... just sayin'...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Half_Crazy

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 09:07:39 AM »

So, if we like one we have to hate the other? They're just motorcycles...

Half_Crazy

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 09:22:14 AM »

1: I didn't ask anyone to agree with me.
2: All I have to post is "good morning" and people around here have the hair on the back of their necks standing straight up. Yes, I own a Victory and see no reason to apologize for my American motorcycle.

I was told all were welcome, but obviously that's not so.   

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »

2: All I have to post is "good morning" and people around here have the hair on the back of their necks standing straight up. Yes, I own a Victory and see no reason to apologize for my American motorcycle.

Hey man - all ARE welcome, and you have absolutely nothing to apologize for, for owning an American motorcycle. I think it's great you own an American one. I was just voicing my opinion like everyone else here. It's a discussion. If you don't agree, fine. I just don't really like the look of Victories - never have. If you do, and you like yours, then great... go out and ride it enjoy it, and don't be concerned about what people say about it in a Harley forum.

But, I will also say that this is a Harley CVO forum after all... and people are here to talk about Harleys, not other brands... I personally would never go on a Victory forum and start talking about my CVO, nor start bashing Victories. People there would probably not be very interested in that, and I would likely get flamed a lot. I am not saying that you have bashed Harleys on here, because I frankly don't know - but if you do, then I understand why some people on here might get upset with that...

RIDE SAFE

The Wizard's Tune

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2011, 12:05:50 PM »

Since I posted the original post that got all this started....My intention is NEVER to slam another person's choice in what they ride.  While personally, I don't care for the look on the Vision, this CRT bike is a look that I think will bring some buyers who are on the fence with HD...and that is a good thing, IMO.  Hell, I don't like some of the bikes that HD produces either, and would never consider buying one.  If I could buy a second bike, it would likely be a "naked" bike, and Victory would get a good hard look from me, as I think they build a good product, and are going to be around for a long time to come, making incremental improvements each year.  Competition is a good thing for all of us, and Victory is serious competition.

Having said that, people get defensive about their choices, no matter what it is.  It's human nature.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »

This is starting to resemble some of your other recent posts.

NorthGeorgiaHawg has a couple of really valid points, what did you expect when you joined a Harley forum as a non Harley owner?

As a Patriots fan I would expect to get some friction if I opted to join a Bills forum... some may call me a glutton for punishment, and on reflection I don't think I could disagree!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2011, 01:05:33 PM »

Having said that, people get defensive about their choices, no matter what it is.  It's human nature.

IMO this is not an issue about who likes what bike.
Or even who makes a better, faster or more dependable bike.
I think it's about getting attention.
For example,
On a website dedicated to Hot Rod Chevy's someone shows up with a Ford acting like Chevy people want to hear about Fords. (Constantly)
On a website dedicated to Harley's someone promotes another brand, knowing it's a Harley site. (Constantly)
Or on a website that's dedicated to Master Craft boats a guy in a Bass Tracker shows up thinking people want to hear about his boat. (Constantly)
How about a website dedicated to Dual Sport riding, they all know about Harley's but do they want to hear about the CVO that did a dual sport ride? (Constantly)
Simple answer is, a few time yes but Constantly NO!
But as I said, this isn't about any brand it's about getting attention.
As long as the posting rules of this forum are followed everyone is welcome.
Here we love our Harley's and we are dedicated to our Screamin Eagle/CVO's.
We all have access to the internet if we want to learn of other models/makes. Occasionally hearing the scope and poop on other brands is fine, just not Constantly.
Anymore than that IMO it's just people trying to draw attention to themselves.
Attention is fine if they need it, but when the new season of SOA starts who really cares.
How many here ponied up for that $15.95 SOA Henna tattoo, if you did, please don't tell me.
Talk about a desperate cry for attention.

::)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »

They make other kinds than just henna you know!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »

They make other kinds than just henna you know!

Now Murph, my discussion was about Henna tattoo's.
Don't be trying to promote another brand.
Focus my friend, Focus!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.