Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: 103  proven hop up  (Read 18397 times)

PCC

• Full CVO Member
Re: 103
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2004, 02:12:46 PM »

Shouldn't matter Nuke... as long as the Dynojet will talk to the PowerCommander...should be golden.

Sir_Nuke

• I ride it like I stole it!!
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2004, 10:33:32 PM »

Shouldn't matter Nuke... as long as the Dynojet will talk to the PowerCommander...should be golden.

oh it will talk to it....when I said they were not a 'TUNING CENTER"  I ment they are not a "DYNOJET" authorized tuning center.....dynojet is in kahootz with some dealers as authorized dynojet dealers as well......

in fact the place that I know of in the houston area that is the absolute best with setting up the power commander is NOT a dynojet tuning center......but they do use their 250 chassis dyno.
'03' SERK, SE slip-ons, Stage 1 air cleaner, King Tour Pak, and an honest to goodness HD Quick Detachable Batwing Fairing.

ratrbridin

• Ride Hard, Die Fast
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2004, 11:09:45 AM »

I totalled a 2000 FLSTC in October and have replaced with an '05 Red/Red FLHTCSE2. Motor is being rebuilt now. Using SE Pro+ pistons and heads (10.5/1 compression), SE264 cams, Forcewinder intake and D&D Fat cat 2 into 1 exhaust. Computer models estimate somewhere in the neighborhood of 118 lbs torque, 118-120hp. I'll let you know how it turns out.

kbiforce

• Junior CVO Member
  • I'd rather be twisting the wick!!!!!!!

• CVO1: 2004 Black/Blue
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTK
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2004, 09:27:39 PM »

Are you using the stock 103 heads that came with the bike for your build? I want to bump the compression on my 04 103 and am thinking of changing pistons.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 08:34:53 AM »

Ratrbridin welcome to the site keep us posted as to how the setup works and the figures you end up with.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

ratrbridin

• Ride Hard, Die Fast
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 11:29:49 AM »

Hey, Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. To answer KBIFORCE's question.....We are using SE Pro+ heads. I think I'm using the right name. They are in the Screamin' Eagle performance catalog, right over or under the HTCC heads for 95"ers. So someone may correct me on the name, as I cannot put my hands on  my book at the moment. These heads matched with the forged high compression pistons will net 10.5/1 compression ratio. The heads come machined for compression releases that I am installing. Valves are HUGE! You can fit a couple sheets of paper between 'em. The SE 264 cams are relatively new to the market (so I'm told) and are rated at .635 lift. This thing oughta thump pretty good. I spoke to the guy turning the wrenches today. I'm still recovering from back surgery due to the crash. He said we should be making smoke by early next week. I'll let you guys know as soon as I do how we did.

ratrbridin

• Ride Hard, Die Fast
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2004, 12:02:01 PM »

Found my book....Screamin' Eagle Pro Twin Cam 103+ Heads / SE Pro Twin Cam 103+ Stroker Pistons. The combo is supposed to maximize HP output.

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 12:30:54 PM »

Don't mean to pee on your parade, but I would really reconsider that cam choice as it will give you a bike that is great on the top end and sucks on the bottom (2500-3500 RPM).  This is the RPM range that most sane folks drive in 95% of the time.  The SE264 is the same cam they stick in the JIMS 120 motor.  I am in the process of building my SE103 motor and will be using the HTCC CNC heads with matching  10.5 pistons and will use either the SE251 or the SE258's at most.  Check on the Harley Tech Board.  One of the main wrenches there claims the best cam for your 103+ heads would be something like the Andrews 55 or Woods 6GH.  Basically you want a cam that has a duration of 40-50 degrees Max, or most of your power will be top end, exactly where most of us do not want it for a bagger.  Just my .02, and it's your money and bike.  Spook.

ratrbridin

• Ride Hard, Die Fast
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 07:18:38 PM »

Don't hold back, Spook. That's one of the reasons I'm here. I questioned the wrenches choice of cam for that exact reason, but he claims with a stroker you will still have bottom end. Stroker and injected is a new trip for me. You mentioned a HArley Tech Board? Where do I go...... Thanks again for the opinion/advice, hey I had to build the top end of my last FL 3 times before we got it smokin'

FREBRD

• LET THE EAGLE FLY
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 07:38:57 PM »

THERE IS A GUY IN MISSOURI NAMED JOHN GOLDEN. HE DOES MOBILE RACE TUNING. HE IS AT ALOT OF THE RALLYS. WHEN I BUILT MY 80 INCH EVO, HE TUNED IT AND GOT 97.6HP TO THE BACK TIRE CONSISTANTLY.
MINE 2000 FLTRSEI, STAGE 2, XM SAT, HOOKER PIPES, UPGRADED STEREO                                                               HERS, 1994 1200 SPORTSTER, FAT BOB STRETCHED TANK, VANCE AND HINES, S&S, 10 INCH APES, CUSTOM PAINT, NOTHING BUT CHROME.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 08:34:59 PM »

I agree with Spook. You'll feel a whole lot happier with either of the cams he suggested. I believe that if you put those 264's in after one season you'll be looking for a differrent cam. I'm running the Woods TW6HG (at .590 lift, it's a little quieter in the valve train), and basically the same setup as you're putting in, although I didn't want to go that high on the compression.

I'm using stroker flat top pistons with ceramic coating on the tops and silicon based coating on the skirts. I'm running CNC ported heads which, in Harley's approximation, is good for 9.8/1 compression. With .030 Cometic gaskets the cylinders cc'd to 10.025/1....perfect...no ping... no compression releases neccessary.

My dyno numbers were 118.6 hp and 121.3 ft lbs. tq.

I have had the throttle body ported...otherwise everything is just as from the box

Oh.... I run Freedom Cycle pipes.

[smiley=beerchug.gif]

kbiforce

• Junior CVO Member
  • I'd rather be twisting the wick!!!!!!!

• CVO1: 2004 Black/Blue
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTK
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 10:04:56 PM »

Is it possible to bump the compression to 10:1 with the stock heads? I'm still confused as to what the stock heads are. Are they the performance heads PN 16952-99B? Thanks!

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2004, 10:40:01 AM »

Stock heads are what come on the bike from the factory.  For 05 they are changed from the earlier heads, something to do with the valve guides and stems.  I think the jury is still out on what can be done to them perfomance wise.  The next step up is the SE heads, they flow better than stock but most folks feel they should be "cleaned up" by someone who knows what they are doing, like SMB.  Next on the SE food chain are the HTCC non ported heads.  They, in combination with a cam of 240-250 degrees are designed to have good torque and over 100 HP from a 95 inch motor (or a 103 for that matter).  Next are the heads you are talking about, the SE103 + heads and matching pistons.  They will flow better than the non-ported HTCC heads and have a "hemi" style combustion chamber much like what you see on the Jims 120 motor.  They are nicely complemented by again a cam like the Andrew TW55.  The best flowing head is the HTCC CNC ported heads.  They will work with your SE264 to give great top end, but at the price of less torque at the bottom and midrange.  You will have to rev the motor to get the most from it.  Just remember, you don't ride a dyno and great dyno numbers don't get it done on the street in most instances, especially with a heavy bagger with one or two up.  I have played the head/cam game a number of times and can tell you true, the more conservative cam is the way to go for a street bike that you will like to ride.  The Harley Tech Board can be found a "Harley Tech Talk".  Ride safe. Spook.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
Re: 103  proven hop up
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2004, 02:10:20 PM »

I agree with Spook. You'll feel a whole lot happier with either of the cams he suggested. I believe that if you put those 264's in after one season you'll be looking for a differrent cam. I'm running the Woods TW6HG (at .590 lift, it's a little quieter in the valve train), and basically the same setup as you're putting in, although I didn't want to go that high on the compression.

I'm using stroker flat top pistons with ceramic coating on the tops and silicon based coating on the skirts. I'm running CNC ported heads which, in Harley's approximation, is good for 9.8/1 compression. With .030 Cometic gaskets the cylinders cc'd to 10.025/1....perfect...no ping... no compression releases neccessary.

My dyno numbers were 118.6 hp and 121.3 ft lbs. tq.

I have had the throttle body ported...otherwise everything is just as from the box

Oh.... I run Freedom Cycle pipes.

[smiley=beerchug.gif]

PCC tell me more about the woods cam, how much more valve train noise is their (compared to stock)? where does it turn on and off at?
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

ratrbridin

• Ride Hard, Die Fast
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2004, 02:13:47 PM »

Thanks Spook, much appreciated!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.