Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1 year warranty on acc and parts  (Read 1366 times)

hogasm

1 year warranty on acc and parts
« on: February 09, 2012, 06:50:07 AM »

Harley has extended their warranty on all parts and accessories from 90 days to 1 year

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: 1 year warranty on acc and parts
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 07:05:56 AM »

HA!... they will say Hawaii is a harsh enviroment and wont cover it as they always have.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 08:40:14 AM »

HA!... they will say Hawaii is a harsh enviroment and wont cover it as they always have.

:2vrolijk_21:    ;D

Yeah, with Harley a warranty is more of a sales pitch than a true committment to do right by the customer.  The warranty is only as good as the integrity of the company offering it, and that should be all you need to know about a warranty from Harley, home of "that's normal" or "that's environmental damage".

BTW, when do they plan to extend the warranty on the actual bikes to at least be competitive with the other brands, much less the automotive folks?  If they do, be prepared for another $5k increase in prices to cover the cost.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 08:55:14 AM »

don't exaggerate  ::)

Harley - as everybody else - lives quite well with the 2 year compulsive warranty in all European states.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 09:05:11 AM »

Harley has extended their warranty on all parts and accessories from 90 days to 1 year

Ha.. its actually 2 years... or so I am told by a dealer rep...

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:    ;D

Yeah, with Harley a warranty is more of a sales pitch than a true committment to do right by the customer.  The warranty is only as good as the integrity of the company offering it, and that should be all you need to know about a warranty from Harley, home of "that's normal" or "that's environmental damage".

BTW, when do they plan to extend the warranty on the actual bikes to at least be competitive with the other brands, much less the automotive folks?  If they do, be prepared for another $5k increase in prices to cover the cost.

Jerry

It would be funny if it weren't so true.  Kind of reminds me......a few years back with my 04 SEEG (before I met Jim)....took it to the local dealership because the front tire was wearing badly on the left side only, up to about the center of the tire.  They tried to tell me that it was due to the crowns in the roads and highways now being a higher crown.  I asked them "if that's the reason, then why didn't it do it to the first two front tires I had on this bike and why is it happening only on the front and not the back?"

Needless to say.....that was the straw that broke the camels back for me with that dealership.  Interestingly, it never happened again since, on either bike. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.