Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Centenial gold paint  (Read 2453 times)

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE
Centenial gold paint
« on: March 18, 2013, 08:03:24 PM »

Has anyone had any luck locating this paint on the 2003 Deuce? No luck thru Harley except touch up tube, paint stores no luck yet. Want to refinish the spoiler from rock chips and scratches on the bottom from not so nice service guys.

Rich

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE
Re: Centenial gold paint
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:54:05 AM »

Went to the local paint store after doing major web research and at two dealers for this paint, I have found much research that Scooby gold is the same, that is far from the truth. Had my local paint store guy Dan scan it to match, after the scan the computer claimed it to match at a score of 11. I was told that a score of 1 is perfect, 10 is "blendable", so Dan said he made an adjustment and is mixing me up a pint. Current price is $88 a pint for PPG which is what I have researched to be OEM on the Harley. So since this color is difficult to find, it was not surprising for the paint to be 4 times the cost of a normal color.

I will post a pic or two showing the color to OEM and if I get to it after I do the refinishing of my bottom spoiler and long side pieces that connect to it.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.