Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MMA Conducts Voluntary Sound Checks in Yarmouth  (Read 1744 times)

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
MMA Conducts Voluntary Sound Checks in Yarmouth
« on: May 23, 2013, 09:26:27 PM »

MMA Conducts Voluntary Sound Checks in Yarmouth

On Saturday May 18, the Massachusetts Motorcycle Association (MMA) conducted Voluntary Motorcycle Sound Emissions Checks at the Yarmouth Police Department headquarters. The voluntary sound check was in response to a request from the Yarmouth Police Department to be proactive following a recent Yarmouth Town Meeting, at which a resident requested his fellow residents to adopt a Motorcycle Sound Bylaw designed to severely penalize motorcycles who altered their exhaust because this local resident felt that “illegal exhausts from motorcyclists were ruining their lives on Cape Cod”. Though the bylaw was rejected at the Town Meeting as being excessive to Massachusetts General Law, Yarmouth’s Police Chief wanted to do more to address the concerns of the community; reaching out to the MMA, the sound check was organized and operated in response to these concerns.

Working in concert with Yarmouth PD Officers, riders were encouraged to voluntarily test their motorcycles. Over 225 motorcycles visited the test site, with a significant number volunteering to have their motorcycles tested. Of all the motorcycles tested, only one was found to be in violation of Massachusetts General Law using the Code of Massachusetts Regulations (540 CMR 3.03) Stationary Motorcycle Noise Measurement Procedures. All riders also received a copy of the MMA’s “When in Town, Throttle Down”© brochure, which details a program designed to educate riders that even a legal motorcycle can still draw negative attention if operated in a certain manner.

The MMA is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization of motorcycle riders and enthusiasts, dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of motorcyclists' rights through appropriate, non-discriminatory legislation and regulation at all levels of government, and through the implementation of safety, insurance, education and public awareness policy and programs for the betterment of all motorcycling within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Requests for additional information and questions should be sent to: LegislativeDirector@MassMotorcycle.org or you can visit www.MassMotorcycle.org for more details.
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: MMA Conducts Voluntary Sound Checks in Yarmouth
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:19:22 PM »

I was an MMA Rep. about 25 years ago....  http://www.mma-ca.org/

They have chapters in several states but didn't know they are on the east coast.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 10:33:01 PM »

All those that volunteered and found to have loud exhaust systems were secretly put on the local LEO's chit list to be harassed later.  Sort of like when the Brits asked for the Colonists to come in and register their firearms.   :nervous:
Jesus is Lord

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 12:11:14 PM »

Was stopped on the Loop in Daytona one year. A Game & Fish officer  :nervous: had his own check point  :nixweiss:. He was busy writing a summons to a guy on a 100K custom when he motioned me over with a "wait right here" statement. When he finished cashing in on the other rider, he walked over and said "Why don't you have baffles" I said, "I do" and he said OK go on then, I thought you might be with him and didn't want him to complain that I let your shorty pipes pass by????????
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.