Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 473

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1170800 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #6705 on: September 29, 2022, 07:04:44 PM »

Or maybe when you went trail riding at the Big Muskie Bucket in Ohio

I’m with Keith on the clutch ground.
It grounded when it hit the grass

Uncle, I'm having a patch made "Keep off the grass"

Wut the hell was that maneuver

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #6706 on: September 29, 2022, 07:21:38 PM »

That's way too easy, you are no fun.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #6707 on: October 07, 2022, 08:41:51 AM »

Okay you had said you thought lifter.  Wow, that is a more unusual failure.  They for sure need to figure out why that piston crack or started to melt. I hope it does not take them long.

I am out around 5K on mine.  When it all back together I'll add it up.  Had to tear it all the way down, metal in everything.  Crank was trued, pinned and weld.  bottom end is going together now.

Glad I have other bikes to ride.

After all the lifter issues people have posted in the last few months I got to thinking maybe I should take a look at mine. This new engine has about 40k miles now, bike has 65k.

I just got back from a 2600 mile road trip with the bike running fine. Loaded 2up and 85 mph running for some long stretches and stop and go in the cities. A little bit of everything as far as the trip.

Got the bike on the lift yesterday and pulled the lifters and took a peek at the cam lobes. Very little wear marks on the cam or lifters. Rollers “feel” fine.

Valve train consists of fueling springs, SE adjustable tapered pushrods, S&S lifters, TTS 200 cam. S&S oil pump and plate.

As the motor was running great, and no noise I put everything back together.
I hope I didn’t jinx myself for worrying too much!

There are alternatives to the Harley 131 kit that is not available in CA.
It just takes some builders who have had success with certain combos and a GOOD tuner.

JMHO  :nixweiss:

HOGMIKE

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #6708 on: October 13, 2022, 10:01:36 AM »

After 30000 miles I figured it was time to change out the lifters in Orange Crush. I hoped that given the fact that I had changed the cam out at least 20000 miles ago that they would look relatively good with no need to replace the cam, which would be impossible to source since TC 24D cams have been out of production a long time.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see the old lifters looking basically new. No spalling at all and no scratches on the lifter bores. I changed them out anyway with a set of the newly re-designed S&S lifters, the ones with the oil holes at roughly 45 degrees of the body.

Should be good for a while.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ

National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #6709 on: October 13, 2022, 10:06:46 AM »

After 30000 miles I figured it was time to change out the lifters in Orange Crush. I hoped that given the fact that I had changed the cam out at least 20000 miles ago that they would look relatively good with no need to replace the cam, which would be impossible to source since TC 24D cams have been out of production a long time.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see the old lifters looking basically new. No spalling at all and no scratches on the lifter bores. I changed them out anyway with a set of the newly re-designed S&S lifters, the ones with the oil holes at roughly 45 degrees of the body.

Should be good for a while.
smart move!!

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

« Reply #6710 on: October 15, 2022, 08:56:46 PM »

Today the weather was nice, well as nice as it gets around here this time of year, so a few of us locals decided to ride to eat at a place called Sarah's restaurant near Troutdale VA. We road across the Back of the Dragon to Marion and down 16 to Troutdale. Along the way "Country Ham" lost his rear brakes so we decided to flush his brake fluid at the Advance Auto in Marion, VA. Luckily they had a bleader in the stash of tools they loan out, so the repair didn't take but maybe 30 minutes. We got to the restaurant and had a fine lunch, the owners, Bruce Cook and his lady friend Sarah, are good people and the service was very good. Some of you may remember Bruce as he and his partner once owned Stations Inn in Laurel Springs, NC. Bruce restores vintage motorcycles and has his 51 model Chief perched in the front window of the restaurant.

After eating lunch we rode on down 16 to 58 to Indepedence VA, then up 94 through Fries to 52 and over the mountains back home, with a brief stop in Wytheviie to eat some Ice Cream. Great day to ride with good friends on what may be our last ride for 2022.

Zen Master of Pondering

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #6711 on: October 15, 2022, 09:43:40 PM »

Road all the way down to Pint House for a burger and a  couple barley pops, must have covered 5 miles in one evening.
But well worth it.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #6712 on: October 16, 2022, 09:59:01 AM »

Took a sunrise ride this morning, without a tourpak the bike is much more nimble. I have one more mod to complete this bike, it will be done by the first of next year.  :orange:

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6713 on: October 20, 2022, 06:03:08 PM »

Sorry I sold mine & it breaks my heart every time you post that gorgeous 09 ! Keep on rollin TN !!!

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #6714 on: October 20, 2022, 09:33:01 PM »

On a week long ride and woke up this morning to this view from my hotel in Gulfport MS.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #6715 on: October 21, 2022, 06:38:53 AM »

Sorry I sold mine & it breaks my heart every time you post that gorgeous 09 ! Keep on rollin TN !!!

Roger that, if I remember correctly you bought a new lowrider st, I'm sure that is a blast to ride. So I know you got that grin on yer face.  ;D

On a week long ride and woke up this morning to this view from my hotel in Gulfport MS.

Living the dream  :2vrolijk_21: I was gonna pull a Clay on you but I'm maturing.  :drink:

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #6716 on: October 23, 2022, 01:08:35 PM »

Rode by one of my usual stops this morning to see if anything is being done for the premier car show in our area next month in Port Royal Plantation. I don’t think any hot laps will be run here unfortunately. Behind the fence is pit area, it’s being used as storage for development on Island. Vintage motorcycles are always at the show.

https://www.hhiconcours.com/

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6717 on: October 24, 2022, 12:13:46 PM »

Put in the shop to get neck bearings and rear tire. This riding season was a bust for me, maybe 500 miles … my new knee doesn’t like me or something, not healing very good yet
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #6718 on: October 24, 2022, 04:38:33 PM »

Put in the shop to get neck bearings and rear tire. This riding season was a bust for me, maybe 500 miles … my new knee doesn’t like me or something, not healing very good yet
I hope it's not infected, had a left hip replaced in February of 21, got infected in December, had to have a revision in march of 22 along with a bunch of other stuff, I didn't even wear out a set of tires this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #6719 on: November 03, 2022, 10:30:43 PM »

Replaced the kickstand mounting bracket on my 09, they had a recall/tech bulletin out back in the day. It was for lean angle, some 09 FLH models had a bracket that had more lean angle, I ignored it. It helped in my situation as I wanted less lean angle at rest. I’ve only owned the bike for 14 years.

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 473

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.