Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 473

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1165492 times)

Digital

• Full CVO Member
  • Molon Labe
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #675 on: March 16, 2014, 12:12:51 PM »

this is what I did this week, finished putting trees and a 23" on my ride waiting on my fender now.

That looks incredible!   What are you doing for front turn signals?
2014 CVO Road King
2013 Road Glide (sold)
2012 Modified Baja DB30 - FUN BIKE!
2012 Fatboy Lo (sold)
2011 Aprilia Tuono (sold)
2006 Ducati Sport 1000 (sold)
1997 Yamaha YZF600r (sold)

Hnhcvo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 RG cvo skunk
    • Hart & Huntington Niagara Tattoo Co
« Reply #676 on: March 16, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »

Had to ride home in -8. Just got her back in the garage :) Was cold but man I can't wait for spring  missed riding my baby!!!
I don't ride a motorcycle ... I ride a HARLEY DAVIDSON CVO

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #677 on: March 17, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »

"Coudn't have carried all that stuff without the Bushtec; what a great addition that was!"

That's the next big ticket item on our wish list for those long trips. I'm thinking of an n-line model, but we'll see.

How did you like the 2" baffles on this trip?
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #678 on: March 17, 2014, 01:08:20 PM »

More than you wanted to know, to be sure.

Absolutely not, thanks for the details. I'm seriously considering the 2" baffle for our bike but wondered about the long trips and sound influence. We both like the deep rumble of a good set of pipes, but there is a line that I do not want to cross when that rumble is so loud that it interferes with our ability to communicate during a trip. I'd like to be somewhere deeper but not "louder" than a set of 4" Rinehart's.

We're also evolving/looking to go either to a 3/4 or full face from our 1/2 helmets for various reasons. I'm leaning to the 3/4 helmet.

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #679 on: March 18, 2014, 09:13:49 PM »

Finally got my first ride in this year on my bike. Rode about 30 miles, felt great to get out even for a short ride.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

Tru-Blu

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2013 Road King in Sapphire Blue (Saphira)
« Reply #680 on: March 18, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »

Ordered an Evolution Triple-vent jacket, some boots, and gloves from House of Harley for their 20% off with free shipping deal - not directly something on or for the bike, but definitely bike-related.  This is my first really nice riding jacket - looking forward to trying it when it comes in.

On a real "for the bike" note (pun intended), I ordered my Stage 1 Kit from Fullsac today!   :bananarock:  Anxious for that to get here so I can get to work!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #681 on: March 18, 2014, 09:43:49 PM »

Ordered an Evolution Triple-vent jacket, some boots, and gloves from House of Harley for their 20% off with free shipping deal - not directly something on or for the bike, but definitely bike-related.  This is my first really nice riding jacket - looking forward to trying it when it comes in.

On a real "for the bike" note (pun intended), I ordered my Stage 1 Kit from Fullsac today!   :bananarock:  Anxious for that to get here so I can get to work!

You gonna luv it!!!! What baffels?
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Tru-Blu

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #682 on: March 19, 2014, 12:42:13 AM »

I know most go with the 2 inch, but when I told them I wanted the deeper tone but not a whole lot more volume, they recommended the 1.75 inch.  While I'm not crazy about spending another Benjamin if they are too tame, I can at least buy another pair or wait until they show up for sale here from another member (although last attempt at buying something from a member here wasn't too good).

Anyway, whoever I talked to says that Steve runs with the 1.75's and feels that you get the nice deep tone but only just a little more volume than the stock mufflers.  If that ends up being the case, it will be perfect for me.

Tru

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #683 on: March 19, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »

I know most go with the 2 inch, but when I told them I wanted the deeper tone but not a whole lot more volume, they recommended the 1.75 inch.  While I'm not crazy about spending another Benjamin if they are too tame, I can at least buy another pair or wait until they show up for sale here from another member (although last attempt at buying something from a member here wasn't too good).

Anyway, whoever I talked to says that Steve runs with the 1.75's and feels that you get the nice deep tone but only just a little more volume than the stock mufflers.  If that ends up being the case, it will be perfect for me.

Tru

I've heard the same and have this mod on my to-do-list as well. Let us know what you think of the 1.75 baffles.   :2vrolijk_21:

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #684 on: March 19, 2014, 07:13:35 PM »

Tru

I have the 1.75 baffles on my CUSE6. IMHO you'll love the sound, nice mellow and deep at idle and just enough bark when you twist the throttle
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Tru-Blu

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #685 on: March 19, 2014, 09:15:49 PM »

Thanks, Phato - appreciate the reinforcement.  I'll definitely provide an update once they're in, but it will be a few weeks before that happens.  Kit arrives next Monday, but it won't be until first week of April before I can get to it.   :(

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #686 on: March 19, 2014, 11:33:59 PM »

Ordered new cams....lol...
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Hnhcvo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 RG cvo skunk
    • Hart & Huntington Niagara Tattoo Co
« Reply #687 on: March 20, 2014, 01:03:08 AM »

Just installed air ride!!! Laying low!!!!
I don't ride a motorcycle ... I ride a HARLEY DAVIDSON CVO

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #688 on: March 20, 2014, 03:28:33 AM »

Picked up the new girl last Friday, been crappy weather ever since but my Royal Blue wax showed up today and spent 3 hours waxing her........not quite finished!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #689 on: March 21, 2014, 04:27:34 PM »

Changed the calipers. Hard to catch with the camera. Has metal flake like the fender stripes. Happy, Happy.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 473

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 22 queries.