Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My EVO  (Read 2863 times)

Robertgmitchell

• FLHRSEI.ORG
My EVO
« on: November 21, 2006, 08:41:47 PM »

Hoist, I showed you mine now show me yours. (EVO that is)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 08:45:58 PM by flhtcse2004 »
RGM
----------------------------------------------------------
Let's roll...

Robertgmitchell

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: My EVO
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 08:43:38 PM »

The flip side.

How can you go wrong with flames, chrome, drag pipes and apes?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 08:47:13 PM by flhtcse2004 »
RGM
Let's roll...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 08:46:47 PM »

I'm doing some work right now on my Wide Glide and Pro Street. I had promised I'd post them when they're done. I was hoping by this weekend, but probably next week. Stay tuned. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

crshnbrn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 09:02:11 PM »

RGM,

It looks like there is a slow gas leak at the fuel valve.  That needs to be checked out before it damages the paint or you experience a "thermal event".  What is up with the lead from the voltage regulator dangling outside the frame downtube and the white wire hanging down at the front headbolt on the rear cylinder?  The kickstand bumper is missing from the recess in the primary cover.  That keeps the kickstand from clunking against the primary cover when you flip it up and rubbing a hole in the primary cover over time.

Robertgmitchell

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 09:58:56 PM »

Damn you're good!
The paint is aready screwed up under the tank but a haven't seen any moisture on the petcock lately. Is there a rubber washer between the tank and petcock that I should replace? When I got the bike, the battery wouldn't charge. One of the pins was broken off of the regulator plug. 7 dollars later I had a new factory plug installed. The white wire is for the horn which I later installed to get through inspection. The factory horn sounds like I'm choking a rodent but it passed inspection. Is that bumper a glue on piece? The sound of the kick stand hitting my case really pissed my off but I didn't know there should be a bumper there.

Your so good, here's the other side! What do ya got?

RGM
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 10:58:14 PM by flhtcse2004 »
RGM
Let's roll...

crshnbrn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 08:19:40 PM »

RGM,  

There is a rubber gasket that seals the fuel valve to the tank.  Be sure to use a later one as it is a little thicker.  If the leak is slow enough the gas will evaporate without you seeing any moisture, but it will still damage the paint.  That is what causes the brown varnish-looking stain on the fuel valve.  
  The kickstand bumper is a square-shaped piece of rubber with adhesive on the back.  Just clean the recess in the primary cover with alcohol, peel the backing from the bumper, and stick in place.  
  I hope you didn't think I was nit-picking your bike, but those little things just jumped out at me, and after reading your post about a shop that wouldn't work on Evo's, I thought I would share my observations.  
  I like your rear upper shock covers.  You don't see those too often anymore.

Robertgmitchell

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 10:03:22 PM »

CRSHNBRN
I'll take a look at the gasket this weekend. I checked my parts catalog and found the rubber bumber. J&P sells it for a whopping 99 cents.

I appreciate that you bothered to take the time to nit pick my bike. This is my first harley and I'll take any advice I can get. And as a reward here's a picture of my brother's work in progress. He has a sprained foot so he can't start the damn thing (kick only). That's one good thing about having a button.

RGM
RGM
Let's roll...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 02:16:34 PM »

Just got back from a ride after finishing the work on my Pro Street. Man that bike runs great in this weather. I forgot how fast it was!. Put on the front PM differential bore 4 piston caliper, Russell SS Brake line, and Russell Floating Rotor, Chrome Handlebar Controls and Master Cylinder, All Balls 1.4 kw Starter. Set-up the S&S E carb and overall tune-up. This bike flies and now it looks great doing it. I need to have a seat made for it as the one that came with the frame isn't right for me. Anyone know a good seat guy, in NYC area, who can make the seat pan and seat, without costing a fortune? Not looking for anything too fancy.

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 07:18:11 PM »

I know they're not CVO's but for now my 3 bikes are still [highlight]my[/highlight] favorite bikes. I should have the Wide Glide done by Sat. If you're still interested, I'll get some pics of my rides (you definitely won't want me in them, ha ha) this weekend. Here's the confusing part. Do they go under EVo, Pictures, "What Does Everyone Look Like". I'd hate to make dOOd have to move them. BTW does his moving threads count on his post count? It's still a long way to 10K. We might be on to why so many things get moved (just jokin' with ya dOOD!). Hoist!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 07:58:59 PM »

...... Here's the confusing part. Do they go under EVo, Pictures, "What Does Everyone Look Like". I'd hate to make dOOd have to move them. BTW does his moving threads count on his post count? It's still a long way to 10K. We might be on to why so many things get moved (just jokin' with ya dOOD!). Hoist!
They could go under either, but if it were I, I'd post them in "Pictures" this way more people would see them. It's a possibility that some members might not frequent the "Evo" section as much as they would the "Picture" section. As for moving the threads contributing to my post count they don't, but...... Naitram can you fix it so it does? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] <jk>

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 07:59:41 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 08:07:03 PM »

Gave you a good idea dOOd? You'll be tailgating 2Lane's posts b/4 you know it! Thanks. I'll post them in "Pictures" when I finally get them. Hoist!

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.