Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Author Topic: MoCo announcement today  (Read 40992 times)

mark

Re: MoCo announcement today
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2014, 12:00:01 PM »

So what are we looking at for a CVO?? 2016?

I like the looks of it and love all the improvements they have made (front fork, linked brakes, lid mechanism, etc.)... now to decide if I like it enough to make me trade my current ride for it...

Hang on. Just because they released the 2015 RG and RG Special doesn't mean they've released everything.  I could see the MoCo holding something back.  I imagine all the CVOs will be released at the same time.

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2014, 12:18:03 PM »

Hang on. Just because they released the 2015 RG and RG Special doesn't mean they've released everything.  I could see the MoCo holding something back.  I imagine all the CVOs will be released at the same time.

I will... but have to share that I almost traded her in for a CVO Road King... only the color held me back... when I replace this one it has to be for another blue bike... just looking to trade only for the improvements that were made to the new bikes... I worry too much about my engine blowing up...stupid, I know. 
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2014, 03:32:34 PM »

According to the H-D specs, they only list two versions and both are air cooled, not Twin Cooled.  That's what I found so disappointing about this "big deal" return of the RG.  Gone for a year just to change the fairing and infotainment system; what a joke.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/motorcycles/road-glide-reveal/specs-roadglide.html#!specs

Jerry

Hence my question for GMR about twin cooled comment. I tend to agree that although the new fairing is nice, it smacks of a thinly veiled marketing ploy to take the model out of circulation and reintroduce it with what looks like a handfull of changes - even more so when it was only gone for one model year.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2014, 03:34:36 PM »

So what are we looking at for a CVO?? 2016?

I like the looks of it and love all the improvements they have made (front fork, linked brakes, lid mechanism, etc.)... now to decide if I like it enough to make me trade my current ride for it...

That right there is the best looking Road Glide ever  :2vrolijk_21:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2014, 07:52:15 PM »

Sat on it in sturgis today. Has three vents that are open all the way through.  They are either. All open or all closed. There are no half open. The width is 1" narrower.  The glove boxes open from the bottom and pull up. Seems like stuff will fall out when opening them.  The fairing is a bit closer to the rider and a bit taller. It will be interesting to see what the windshield companies come up with.  We spent a half hour with the engineer who did the wind tunnel work. The gas tank back is a 2014 Streetglide. The front end was all changed. It's shorter than the old ones---- bad for us tall riders.  It's a wait to be seen on the handle bars---they are trying to fit both short and tall riders--- by rotating the bar forward or back.  I asked about the wind reflectors onthe sides. He said they are for the company to sell as accessories but don't help at all.  There is no water cooled anything. He would not comment about the CVO model.  He also said this would just be a bar hopper and not for distances. I didn't like to hear that.  All in all I'm glad I have my 09. Wouldn't want a new one.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:00:20 AM by Indenial »
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2014, 08:10:35 PM »

Sat on it in sturgis today. Has three vents that are open all the way through.  They are either. All open or all closed. There are no half open. The width is 1" narrower.  The glove boxes open from the bottom and pull up. Seems like stuff will fall out when opening them.  The fairing is a bit closer to the rider and a bit taller. It will be interesting to see what the windshield companies come up with.  We spent a half hour with the engineer who did the wind tunnel work. The gas tank back is a 2014 sport glide. The front end was all changed. It's shorter than the old ones---- bad for us tall riders.  It's a wait to be seen on the handle bars---they are trying to fit both short and tall riders--- by rotating the bar forward or back.  I asked about the wind reflectors onthe sides. He said they are for the company to sell as accessories but don't help at all.  There is no water cooled anything. He would not comment about the CVO model.  He also said this would just be a bar hopper and not for distances. I didn't like to hear that.  All in all I'm glad I have my 09. Wouldn't want a new one.

WTH a 22k Bar Hopper? Since when is the RG a bar hopper?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

mark

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2014, 08:25:54 PM »

I have no doubt Indenial reported accurately what the HD guy said; however, one comment didn't add up.  The HD guys said the RG is a "bar hopper."  So HD redesigns a member of its touring family, but it's not for long distances?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »

A bike named "Road Glide" is for bar hopping.  Leave it to H-D. ::)

Big T

• Junior CVO Member
  • Klock Werks Windshield, Fullsac baffles

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2014, 09:26:05 PM »

What about the compartment for the IPhone and blue tooth connection? There are not
Big T
Cajun country
Big T
From Cajun Country

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2014, 09:38:47 PM »

I doubt an iphone will fit in the glovebox. Didn't see a usb connection either.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

mark

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »

I doubt an iphone will fit in the glovebox. Didn't see a usb connection either.

HD website says there is a USB interface.  I'm sure a smart phone will fit in the glovebox.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2014, 10:48:22 PM »

A bike named "Road Glide" is for bar hopping.  Leave it to H-D. ::)

Not that I find that comment about being a bar hopper all that far fetched, considering Harley management's constant style over function philosophy, but I think that so-called engineer was probably just running his mouth without being in on the real overall design strategy.  Lots of folks seem to like making stuff up to appear more important than they are these days.  I'd be more inclined to believe this was some junior member of the organization who got roped into standing around at an event and talking to the public.  The same thing went on in the auto business; the junior folks got assigned to the auto shows to actually man the booths and talk to consumers, while the senior folks who actually knew anything partied or just avoided the whole thing.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2014, 10:59:05 PM »

I agree Jerry.
You would think a company would think about whom they put out there to speak with the public.
Then again, why would they care, no matter what they tell us, we still go out in droves and purchase there product!
I FOR ONE AM GUILTY OF IT. :drink:

Just cant find another bike that an old fat man can ride for a lot of miles.  lol   ;D ;D

So far I have been lucky, since the 2011 spun the crank, the last two have made it till trade in time.

A reason the gentlemen may have made that statement is that a lot owners put very few miles on there bikes and do only bar or rally hop on them.
So fit and function is second to looks all day.

Just my 2 cents Jerry.

Big Dave   :)

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2014, 01:37:23 AM »

It's not CVO going to ride it again before I run my mouth about what's good and what's not. And yes there is a USB connector in the right glove box and it should hold a phone wit no issue
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2014, 06:00:48 AM »

FastFreddy,

Any chance of a photo of the Black Denim RG Special?

Love the new look!  Was never an RG fan until recently seeing a 110th CVO RG in the flesh. RG are very rare here is Oz as they have only been offered in limited numbers.
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 22 queries.