Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: MoCo announcement today  (Read 40991 times)

mark

Re: MoCo announcement today
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2014, 09:27:15 AM »

Not that I find that comment about being a bar hopper all that far fetched, considering Harley management's constant style over function philosophy, but I think that so-called engineer was probably just running his mouth without being in on the real overall design strategy.  Lots of folks seem to like making stuff up to appear more important than they are these days.  I'd be more inclined to believe this was some junior member of the organization who got roped into standing around at an event and talking to the public.  The same thing went on in the auto business; the junior folks got assigned to the auto shows to actually man the booths and talk to consumers, while the senior folks who actually knew anything partied or just avoided the whole thing.

Jerry
I thought the same thing.  Recall being at Daytona Bike Wk and talking to a HD factory rep about wanting a better exhaust sound from my SERK.  He told me to remove the baffles.  It seems at these events manufacturers reward employees by sending them there with little thought about their expertise.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »

Maybe the glove box opens from the bottom so it will actually stay dry inside?  :nixweiss:

I hope they are indeed holding back on a CVO model announcement.  :drink:

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2014, 01:32:39 PM »

Demoed the 15 Road Glide Special three times Saturday.  I am 6'1", and the wind around the bike is very smooth or laminar.  There is zero buffeting.  The bad news, is the wind noise in my ears is deafening and could not hear the sound system at all over 60 mph. I tried vents both open and closed, lots of buffeting closed but smooth air open.  I have more buffeting on my 12, but no wind noise.  The guys keep telling me the HD taller shield will fix that.  Told them I would not buy one unless I could demo a bike with a taller shield the noise from wind is deafening and I can't live with that, I can live with buffeting.  The looks of the inner fairing is nicer in my opinion and I like the looks of the bike.  It was very comfortable.  On the first demo ride I went three exits farther than I was suppose to.  Tracks great at 80 mph no hands on the bars.

They would not even hit if there was a CVO, a Limited or anything like that.  My guess is there is, as one guy told me wait and see.  I also can't believe the MOCO would not be saving something for the dealer meeting in three weeks. 

I am really hoping there is a CVO Limited Road Glide, or at least a CVO road glide.

I also hope the wind noise can be fixed for us taller riders.  My wife at 5'7" said no noise at all and no buffeting, much better wind control than her street glide, first road glide she has ever liked the ride of.  She always said the older road glides were uncomfortable, bad reach for bars, and to much wind.  I think she is actually considering a road glide now, as she said the front felt much lighter than her 13 Street Glide and wind was better on it.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2014, 03:46:04 PM »

I wished for a large V-rod type water cooled motor that put out more horsepower/torque so we weren't playing second place to other bikes like a Goldwing or an Indian in H.P.

Ditto
I've been hoping for a 4 cylinder V-Rod powered Road Glide since Chains got his 4 years ago. Thought this just might be the year.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
It's Official
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »

Got this in an email from the MOCO yesterday.  For those of you waiting for the new Road Glide, the wait is over.  Looks like they're all air cooled with the 103 inch engine.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/motorcycles/road-glide-reveal.html?version=desktop&source_cd=Email_080114_RoadGlide_B&camp_id=16
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:20:43 PM by FLY-DOG »
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »

Yep I like the look from what I can tell from the pics. But not interested, I'll wait for the water-COOLED version if they ever decide to make one. If not the next one will be like what Chip just bought. So continues the love/hate with Harley. Maybe I should start a petition and find out how many folks would really buy a true water cooled touring harley.

BigLew

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2014, 01:00:18 PM »

All MOCO would have to do is swap in the twin cooled motor and the lowers with the radiators.  It's a shame, I think they'll leave a lot of HD riders waiting for that version.  Maybe it's coming and us common folks just don't know yet?
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: It's Official
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2014, 06:06:03 PM »

Got this in an email from the MOCO yesterday.  For those of you waiting for the new Road Glide, the wait is over.  Looks like they're all air cooled with the 103 inch engine.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/motorcycles/road-glide-reveal.html?version=desktop&source_cd=Email_080114_RoadGlide_B&camp_id=16
You just wake up from a long nap ?
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »

The CVO model will probably be a water pumper 110 with lowers and the usual CVO trim. I only hope they change the handlebars on the CVO. These are ugly and look uncomfortable!

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2014, 03:05:13 AM »

Yep I like the look from what I can tell from the pics. But not interested, I'll wait for the water-COOLED version if they ever decide to make one. If not the next one will be like what Chip just bought. So continues the love/hate with Harley. Maybe I should start a petition and find out how many folks would really buy a true water cooled touring harley.

BigLew

Good idea. Is there anyway to create a voting section in a thread? Of course that just makes it a local forum thing huh?
Have to admit though, I'm starting to really like the new changes. But then that blue 2012 CVO RG looks so hot. I do not need another bike...say it 3x's.
Gonna have to figure out how to sell a Rune, Raider and Wing I guess. My luck they'd come out with a full water pumper after I bought a 12 or 15. Easy big fella, pace yourself.  I ain't rich like like some folks here.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2014, 03:07:34 AM »

Some nice features but I guess I expected (dreamed) too much for Harley. I wished for a large V-rod type water cooled motor that put out more horsepower/torque so we weren't playing second place to other bikes like a Goldwing or an Indian in H.P. also best grade suspension stock.
Seems funny to me when the car manufacturers are in a performance war between each other and H-D seems to be happy with just good enough to get by but not like old time racing days when they wanted to lead the pack......I guess electronics/cosmetics and bells and whistles attract the customers more then technical improvements?  :nixweiss:

X2
2007 Softail Custom

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2014, 03:13:39 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:
No drool emoticon or I'd have used that one.

Ok, enough posting in this thread today. Enjoy.
2007 Softail Custom

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2014, 09:22:28 AM »

The CVO model will probably be a water pumper 110 with lowers and the usual CVO trim. I only hope they change the handlebars on the CVO. These are ugly and look uncomfortable!

I sure hope the CVO model will have the wet heads with lowers.  The bars actually are not to bad, have demoed the bike a few times, but I would still change them to apes.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »

Bring back the screaming eagle....  come on except for the fairing its all old tech anyways
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2014, 04:31:47 PM »

Since the Harley Shark attack from last week I though this might be appropriate:

http://vimeo.com/whoi/remus-sharkcam

or not...

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.48 seconds with 22 queries.