Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's  (Read 124377 times)

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
Re: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2008, 03:28:54 PM »

page3c
fxr3

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2008, 03:42:18 PM »

page5d
fxr3

RedFXR2

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »

Perfect.  Now I've got 8 1/2 x 11's of those pages.  Thanks, Roger. :2vrolijk_21:

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2008, 11:40:45 PM »

Good pics and info on this site! Here is a pic of my FXR3 with 2k on the odo..

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2008, 07:13:56 PM »

VERY NICE...... :orange:

So tell us how you decided you wanted an FXR3, how long it took you to find this one? Why does it only have 2K on the Odometer?  Someone obviously didn't ride it...so what was their story????

Where are you located?

How did you find this website as well....

Regards,

FXR2evo99

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2008, 01:00:32 PM »

Oddly enough i didn't even know what an FXR3 was..  I was looking high and low for a Harley (everywhere) and almost picked up a nice Sportster but decided against it (my buds said I'd regret it later if i got one, i'd want bigger)...

Wallah, on the way to way to work this bike is setting beside the road..  I got the number but didn't call right away, couple days later i called the cat and checked out the bike.. I knew as soon as i sat on it that this was it..  (Harley dealership guys said that would happen too).. I hit up the bank, got the scratch, called the cat back and he said he didn't want to sell it now  :nervous: !

Didn't do crap for a couple days, kept looking, finally called the guy back and asked to meet him.. I showed up, he reluctantly settled for a price and I'm off and runnin..  I found this site just googling the FXR3/CVO..

The mileage is a trip, the dude didn't ride it much as his wife wasn't a fan of riding.. I half though it might be an odo swap but its legit...  The problem i'm having is i bought this thing to ride (i've put 300 miles on her in the last week) and am worried about racking up too many miles...

Luckily up in hear in Oak Harbor our summers are pretty breif so she will get some decent garagea time  :-\

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2008, 07:35:17 PM »

. . .

The mileage is a trip, the dude didn't ride it much as his wife wasn't a fan of riding.. I half though it might be an odo swap but its legit...  The problem i'm having is i bought this thing to ride (i've put 300 miles on her in the last week) and am worried about racking up too many miles...

Luckily up in hear in Oak Harbor our summers are pretty breif so she will get some decent garagea time  :-\

Ragtop, I bought a 6500 mile blue flame FXR3 in March with the intention of keeping the miles low on it, as well.  Been riding Harley baggers for almost 7 years and they say, "Once you go 'bagger' you never go back," but I just can't seem to stay off the FXR3!  By the time I get back from a 100-mile or so ride I have planned tomorrow to go see my buddy's blues band play, I'll have put about 800 miles on mine this year.  By contrast, I've only put just a tad over 700 miles on the '00 SERG this year (with 99% of that accomplished during a 3-day stint in the Smokies that included one almost 400 mile day) and maybe 50 miles on the '04 SEEG.

I'm enjoying riding this bike a lot more than I ever expected I would, so I may just have to have fun with this one and pick up another low-mileage unit down the road to collect. :nixweiss:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2008, 08:26:05 PM »

Ragtop, I bought a 6500 mile blue flame FXR3 in March with the intention of keeping the miles low on it, as well.  Been riding Harley baggers for almost 7 years and they say, "Once you go 'bagger' you never go back," but I just can't seem to stay off the FXR3!  By the time I get back from a 100-mile or so ride I have planned tomorrow to go see my buddy's blues band play, I'll have put about 800 miles on mine this year.  By contrast, I've only put just a tad over 700 miles on the '00 SERG this year (with 99% of that accomplished during a 3-day stint in the Smokies that included one almost 400 mile day) and maybe 50 miles on the '04 SEEG.

I'm enjoying riding this bike a lot more than I ever expected I would, so I may just have to have fun with this one and pick up another low-mileage unit down the road to collect. :nixweiss:

No disrespect intended, but are there some zeros missing in the post above ?

B B

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2008, 08:36:01 PM »

You've never lived through a central IL spring have you? :huepfenlol2:  That and 60-80 hrs/wk at work and the number of zeros is correct. :(

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2008, 12:02:58 AM »

Picked this up on ebay and haven't gotten it yet, is this a repair manual as well or just a part number reference, any ideal?

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2008, 01:26:18 AM »

I'm enjoying riding this bike a lot more than I ever expected I would, so I may just have to have fun with this one and pick up another low-mileage unit down the road to collect.

Yowsa, here is one with only 18 miles on it! Never been registered.. you cant get any more low mileage than that!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Dyna-FXR-FXR3-NEW-1999-Harley-Davidson-FXR3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49993QQihZ011QQitemZ320258470929QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2008, 02:57:30 AM »

63SSRagtop.....

The problem i'm having is i bought this thing to ride (i've put 300 miles on her in the last week) and am worried about racking up too many miles...

Think about how you found your FXR3.....you simply found it....think about the bike you just posted the one with no miles...think about "why" you purchased a bike to begin with...."to ride".  We ALL fight what you are talking about....and since 2005 I keep an "eye" on ebay for FXR2's....and just when I think there won't be another "low" mileage bike....UP pops another one.  I HAVE finally reached this conclusion....IF I EVER want another Arresting Red FXR2 within say 4-6 months of "wanting" one I will ALWAYS find one....some one right now has a piece of "art" in their garage....keeping it perfect for me if I want it......I don't know who they are....but they are keeping it "pristine" and "perfect" for me....not wanting to put mileage on it......Like I said, we "ALL" fight that "urge" to do what you just stated.......but in a quiet moment of reflection ask yourself "why".....you purchased the bike to ride.....RIDE it so hard and enjoy IT SO much that perhaps in 7-10 years you have to rebuild it.....or get another one.....you BOUGHT it TO RIDE....don't feel guilty about it.....these bikes are one of HD's best bikes they have ever made.....you found it by happen stance....R I D E  T H E  B I K E !!!!  and when you begin feeling "guilty" about it....qualm yourself down.....and remember why you called the guy back and negotiated.....to RIDE THE BIKE......and if you wear it out....rebuild it or contact that "next" seller that is keeping their piece of art for you.... :orange:

Picked this up on ebay and haven't gotten it yet, is this a repair manual as well or just a part number reference, any ideal?

What you have purchased is the "OFFICIAL" FACTORY MANUAL...which is the service manual.....oh and it's ok to get grease and dirt on it.....lol....don't worry about keeping it pristine....you STILL need to acquire a "Part's Manual"....to go along with it...Both are invaluable and worth the money.....If you have a "20%" discount HD dealer great..if you don't you can contact "Jenni" at Tri-County Harley Davidson in Ohio # 513-874-4343.  She is an excellent source many use her for parts....she is a "no" nonsense woman that "knows" her stuff.....so if you do wish to order something from her have your "part number" ready and your visa card...lol.....in this case you can tell her....hey look I don't even have a part's book yet....lol she will get a 'kick" out of that....Over the years I have followed her from dealership to dealership to purchase my parts for three different bikes....saved "lots" of money.......YOU CAN even purchase "Drag Specialties" parts from her at a discount as long as you have the "DS" part number you are wanting.....

Thanks for sharing your "story" above......great to read!  How you found this website is quite interesting as well....
The more of us that "particpate" here in this forum with our FXR's the more interesting it will be as well as informative for all of us....that's why I created this "particular" thread...was to be a "resource" within the forum for our bikes....I, often times, in other "threads" that I participate in will send folks to this very thread.....so they can learn about the FXR2 FXR3 and FXR4 bikes....

OH and....just realize when you go walking into your "local" dealership and talk with the folks behind the counter and you tell them you have an FXR3, remember they won't have a "clue" what you are talking about....which is a "shame".....heck not even most of your buddies will know what you are talking about.....just tell them it's like owning a 356 Porshce "maybe, just "maybe" they will get it....LOL.

Keep posting your questions or other things you are curious about.....there are many here willing to help and provide some insight....and if you ever have a question feel free to e~mail me direct.....

Regards,

FXR2evo99

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 03:03:08 AM by FXR2evo99 »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2008, 08:35:53 AM »

Yowsa, here is one with only 18 miles on it! Never been registered.. you cant get any more low mileage than that!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Dyna-FXR-FXR3-NEW-1999-Harley-Davidson-FXR3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49993QQihZ011QQitemZ320258470929QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

$14,000 and no reserve!  If the bidding stays low, someone's gonna get a sweet ride!  I chased a 20 mile one in IA before getting the one I have, but could not make it happen.  They were over $20,000 on that bike.

Thanks for the link.  I put this on my watch list just to see what happens.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »

. . .

What you have purchased is the "OFFICIAL" FACTORY MANUAL...which is the service manual.....oh and it's ok to get grease and dirt on it.....lol....don't worry about keeping it pristine....you STILL need to acquire a "Part's Manual"....to go along with it...Both are invaluable and worth the money.....If you have a "20%" discount HD dealer great..if you don't you can contact "Jenni" at Tri-County Harley Davidson in Ohio # 513-874-4343.  She is an excellent source many use her for parts....she is a "no" nonsense woman that "knows" her stuff.....so if you do wish to order something from her have your "part number" ready and your visa card...lol.....in this case you can tell her....hey look I don't even have a part's book yet....lol she will get a 'kick" out of that....Over the years I have followed her from dealership to dealership to purchase my parts for three different bikes....saved "lots" of money.......YOU CAN even purchase "Drag Specialties" parts from her at a discount as long as you have the "DS" part number you are wanting.....

. . .

Actually, that is the Parts Catalog (see top header).  This will give you exploded views of different assemblies on the bike and a full parts number listing (helpful when you need to cal Jenni ;)). 

The part number on the Service Manual is 99480-99.  Call Jenni or watch eBay some more.  They show up there fairly regularly.

RedFXR2

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »

Oddly enough i didn't even know what an FXR3 was..  I was looking high and low for a Harley (everywhere) ...

I had a similar experience.  I was looking for a bike back in NC and went to a local indy shop to look at a Dyna they had on consignment.  Over to the side of the showroom was this red FXR2.  The shop owner gave me the complete history of the CVO and the bike (local HD dealer was clueless) and went on to tell me that he, himself still had his production model FXR.  Anyway, even though the FXR2 had more miles than the Dyna, was older and cost the same, I couldn't stay away from it.  And when I sat on it, it was sold.

The problem i'm having is i bought this thing to ride (i've put 300 miles on her in the last week) and am worried about racking up too many miles...

I used to struggle with loading to many miles on mine, but it already had too many miles to ever qualify as a museum piece.  And I struggled again about doing the mechanical mods, because then it wouldn't be stock, but doing those things have made the bike so much more fun to own and...ride (back to the first quandary).  So bottom line to me is that I'm going to enjoy the thing as much as I please.  If it ever seriously breaks, I'll fix it.  I figure the next time it will be for sale will be as part of my estate.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 21 queries.