Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's  (Read 124355 times)

Bullwinkle

Re: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »

This is my FXR3.  It has an Electraglide gas tank, Mustang seat, Wide Glide handlebars, HHI dual calipers, and Race Tech cartridge emulators and springs in the front forks.  Highly recommended.  I used an FXR-SP gauge mount in black, because I have one of those shiny chrome thingies on another FXR and the reflections from the sun off it make it almost impossible to see.  Also, the reflections off the chrome gauge cups on the windshield make it almost dangerous with the sun is at just the right angle.

The engine has Branch ported SE heads, worked over CV carb, DTT ignition, and a cam I had ground that is similar to a Wood W6 but with humane ramps and .560 lift.

Don't scream "HERESY!" since it can be put back to stock, except for the engine and front end work, in an easy afternoon.

Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2009, 03:10:12 PM »

The left side of the bike.

mark mesi

• 99 FXR-3, best ride ever
« Reply #272 on: March 21, 2009, 11:24:33 AM »

Very new to the site. Thought I'd post a pic of the bike I just found. 1999 FXR-3,  1 of 64 bikes produced that year. Thinking of putting forward controls, any sugestions to a nice inexpensive set? Thanks, Mark
Enjoying every minute I ride

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #273 on: March 21, 2009, 11:38:50 AM »

Sweet rides, ladies & gents!

If I wasn't such a big boy, I'd have a Dyna in the stable, preferably an FXR. However, my wife's Heritage Classic feels like a tricycle when I climb on.

So, I'll stick with my 09 SERG and enjoy the FXR vicariously through all of you!

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2009, 02:58:22 PM »

Nice lookin skoot Mark !

Welcome !
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2009, 02:06:37 AM »

Nice bike Mark!  I can only suggest you spend some time perusing ebay and or craigslist.. Patience will be the key here!
Here is a link to a post on a set of legends controls i was lucky enough to come across on ebay in the box..

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=30809.msg503551;topicseen#msg503551

They do pop up here and there.. I've never seen the Kuryakyn 9168's pop up yet but have seen a set of the 9169's new in the box on ebay (extended conrols, i should've bought them!)

Any controls that fit the old FXR frames will work for you though, not any of the later dyna ones will, center to center on mounting holes is different!  Good luck!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 02:08:17 AM by 63SSRagtop »

mark mesi

« Reply #276 on: March 28, 2009, 07:53:31 AM »

Thanks for the compliment. You also have a nice bike as I like the green on green combination myself. As far as the forwards, if it doesn't look right, I'll just leave them off the bike. Your set looks like the master cylinder is built right on the control? Not sure if I want to bleed brakes etc either. Enjoy the summer, be safe, Mark

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #277 on: March 28, 2009, 09:59:18 AM »

Nice bike Mark!  I can only suggest you spend some time perusing ebay and or craigslist.. Patience will be the key here!
Here is a link to a post on a set of legends controls i was lucky enough to come across on ebay in the box..

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=30809.msg503551;topicseen#msg503551

They do pop up here and there.. I've never seen the Kuryakyn 9168's pop up yet but have seen a set of the 9169's new in the box on ebay (extended conrols, i should've bought them!)

Any controls that fit the old FXR frames will work for you though, not any of the later dyna ones will, center to center on mounting holes is different!  Good luck!

Hey Ragtop .... what's the exhaust sys that you have on your bike ? Looks Good !  How do you like it ?  Sound ? Performance ?  Have you had in dyno'd ? is there a torque dip in the mid range with that exhaust ?

Thanks !
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #278 on: March 28, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »

Ragtop .... are those 'stock' side covers on your bike ?  or FXR4 covers, painted black ?   They look really good on your bike, no matter !!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #279 on: March 28, 2009, 04:50:17 PM »

Yeah Mark that was the biggest issue i was having, there are alot of forward controls with the right bold patterns for the FXR frames (and pricey as hell i might add) but I didn't want to mess with removing the stock master cylinder.. so i wanted a pedal setup that would just run the linkage back to the stocker.. these do that..   (to be fair though, most said that its not that big of a deal running another line to put the MC on the pedal.. I was not crazy about the lines (or circles) on the controls but then realized they match up nicely with the rest of the chrome..   i'll keep my eyes open for some forwards, if they pop up i'll send you a link..

I can say this for sure though, i love having them on the bike! So much more comfortable for my long legs (i was on the forward pegs 85% of the time even in town which is very unsafe!)

Those are stocker side covers on the bike and stocker headers as far as i can tell.. When i bought the bike it only had 2k on the odo so other than the controls it is as it rolled off the line.. I've never had it dyno'd..

Mikey, great thread on your rebuild.. i re-did my upper gaskets as you were doing most of that.. if i could have found some go fast parts in time i'd probably have done the same thing (going to keep my eyes peeled though)..

I had the same issue trying to torque the rockers down so i ended up 'hand torqued' them.. seem to be fine..  I did however buy me a 1/4 inch Snap on inch lbs torque wrench.. the head is unbelievably small so i'm sure it would fit between the rocker and the frame with no problems..

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 05:03:48 PM by 63SSRagtop »

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2009, 02:44:14 PM »

here is shot for scrapbook: 

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #281 on: April 01, 2009, 07:03:07 PM »

here is shot for scrapbook: 

That's a pretty kewl shot !

It's hard to capture that 'true' color on that Candy Tangerine ..... but it is a kewl shot just the same   ......

The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

mark mesi

« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »

That's a pretty kewl shot !

It's hard to capture that 'true' color on that Candy Tangerine ..... but it is a kewl shot just the same   ......

WOW, sweet shots of both of those bikes. Do either of them have forwards on them? Thanks, Mark

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #283 on: April 02, 2009, 10:45:09 AM »

WOW, sweet shots of both of those bikes. Do either of them have forwards on them? Thanks, Mark

Did you have a question about forward controls?  Here's mine w/ Drag Specialties controls.  Don't let the floorboards confuse you.  Regular pegs work on this set-up too.

mark mesi

« Reply #284 on: April 02, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »

Did you have a question about forward controls?  Here's mine w/ Drag Specialties controls.  Don't let the floorboards confuse you.  Regular pegs work on this set-up too.

Those forwards are at the right/ average distance for most people or are those the extended model due to perhaps long legs? Do those forwards use the stock master cylinder or is there one as part of the control system that is hidden? Thanks, Mark
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Page created in 0.51 seconds with 21 queries.