Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New member in Washington State, Whidbey Island- 1999 FXR3  (Read 4114 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: New member in Washington State, Whidbey Island- 1999 FXR3
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 07:21:42 PM »

Like FXR2 said......ALWAYS great to see another CVO FXR3 Owner.......WE ALL NEED TO STICK TOGETHER!!!!!

Welcome....and congratulations on your beautiful ride!!!!!  :bananarock: I asked you a couple of questions under the FXR area of the board.....love to hear back.

Regards,

FXR2evo99

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 07:24:03 PM »

welcome yoiu will love the site

hdkid

• CVO1: 08 EG Ultra Root Beer Bike
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 08:55:08 PM »

Welcome from your neighbours in the North!!!

Happy Trails

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »

Hi and welcome!    Later, Phuzzy
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 03:23:00 AM »

Logged 1400 miles so far...  Looks like I've got a leak at the top of both cylinders (left side in the back up high just below the chrome).. I'm guessing that not driving it for so long must have screwed up the gaskets..  I'm really hoping they are not going to be a pita to replace (doing it myself)..

Still no luck whatsoever in finding some forward controls to use the stock MC (they have some cheapo's but they look cheap)..

Does the FXR4 use the same bolt pattern for forward controls as the FXR3? (found a set advertised as off an FXR4) thanks!

RedFXR2

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 11:30:08 AM »

Looks like I've got a leak at the top of both cylinders (left side in the back up high just below the chrome).. I'm guessing that not driving it for so long must have screwed up the gaskets..  I'm really hoping they are not going to be a pita to replace (doing it myself).

If it's just rocker box gaskets then it won't be too hard.  When you take the covers apart, use either a granite countertop or a piec of glass (must be absolutely flat) to check for any warpage.  Even a little bit of rocking back and forth could cause a leak.  There's a thread in the FXR section here that describes the sanding and truing of the cover plates.  I think it also has informatiion on how to lower the motor in the frame for access to the rear rocker box.

If the leak is between the cylinder head and the bottom rocker box piece, then disregard all of the above and just replace the gaskets. ;D

Still no luck whatsoever in finding some forward controls to use the stock MC (they have some cheapo's but they look cheap)..

Does the FXR4 use the same bolt pattern for forward controls as the FXR3? (found a set advertised as off an FXR4) thanks!

To my knowledge a set of forwards that fits one will fit the others (FXR2, 3, and 4).  They're hard to find but I just saw a nice looking set on ebay.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:33:28 AM by RedFXR2 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.