Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: CVO Road King 2014 auxiliary lights  (Read 49654 times)

Kingpin

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

Re: CVO Road King 2014 auxiliary lights
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2014, 10:55:03 PM »

Sorry, did not DIY, but the dealer figured it out by the list on page one.

Kingpin

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »

I went with the Kuryakyn 5029 Driving Lights with turn signals.  I looked into doing the HD ones and I like those but wanted something a little sportier (to me), wanted it to already have the turn signals, and cost was a factor as well; this was less than half.  I wanted the turn signals off the bars and the 3" driving lights are perfect (again, to me).  Replaced the standard halogen lights that come with the kit to the LED lights although, the halogens were very nice as well and are actually in the pics below before changing over to the LED lights which are slightly brighter and whiter.  Kuryakyn site says these don't fit the 14's but they do perfectly and everything you need comes in the kit.  Windshield is not a problem as well.  I wired them so that they stay on regardless of brights being on.  This was easy to do and required no extra wiring.  Eventually I will be adding a grommet to the fork cover to place the wires through for a cleaner look but I'm not bothered by how it is now.  Also, the crown bolts that are holding the mounts to the bike are just temporary as the bolts are replaced from the kit and have covers that are black.  Super clean.

Take a look:

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
CVO Road King 2014 auxiliary lights
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2014, 02:21:23 PM »

So I finally finished fitting the auxiliary lights and all the wiring. It's taken a bit longer than it should have done but thanks to jpdchicago for the parts Iist and a proper service manual with wiring diagrams it's been quite straightforward.

The problem I have now (due to either stupidity or naivety or both) is that the aux lights are a bright white light but the standard SERK headlamp is more of a yellow colour. I thought my bike had a daymaker headlamp and that they would match. Do I have to spend another load of cash and change the headlamp or can I just change bulbs? Any advice appreciated.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:23:25 PM by Bav »
Using Tapatalk

harleychef2011

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 Road King - Tribal Orange & Galactic Black
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2014, 08:20:44 PM »

So I finally finished fitting the auxiliary lights and all the wiring. It's taken a bit longer than it should have done but thanks to jpdchicago for the parts Iist and a proper service manual with wiring diagrams it's been quite straightforward.

The problem I have now (due to either stupidity or naivety or both) is that the aux lights are a bright white light but the standard SERK headlamp is more of a yellow colour. I thought my bike had a daymaker headlamp and that they would match. Do I have to spend another load of cash and change the headlamp or can I just change bulbs? Any advice appreciated.

Dave

My $ .02 .... get the headlamp!  That mix in colors would personally drive me crazy!  Plus the LED headlamp combined with the passing lamps has given me an almost 180 degree spread of light for the dark roads... I love it.  Didnt your CVO come with a Daymaker headlamp??  Mine did.... I think its in the specs?
2014 CVO Road King
V&H Power Duals
V&H Carbon Fiber Tip Pipes
HD Super Tuner & Dyno - 98.7 HP 112.9TQ
RoadTech 665 GPS
Mucho HD Add-Ons!!!

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2014, 10:13:08 PM »

UK CVO Road King comes with dual halogen headlight sooooo, you'll have to buy the LED Daymaker to make it match which Will look 100% better or switch the auxiliary lights to halogen.

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2014, 05:59:44 AM »

I was trying to avoid the extra expense but I guess I will just have to get the LED Daymaker 7". There appear to be two to choose from any advice as to which is best?

or

Using Tapatalk

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2014, 09:55:16 AM »

Dave,  thread here  - http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-twin-forum-general-harley-talk/273385-hd-now-offering-two-daymaker-headlights.html about the differences, the one that has a part number of 73390-10A (new part number 67700243) is shown as $524 (£500 in UK), the part number 67700189, is shown as $399.95. About £324 from Jersey HD, not sure of mainland price. both seem to need an accessory harness to fit, which looks to be about £16, not sure what that does.  Both are now ECE approved for use in the UK, the original 73390 wasn't. Let me know how you get on, Rob
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:43:58 AM by casbar »

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2014, 11:10:07 AM »

Really nice setups... I need to see what I do with mine. 

For now I just have the Custom Dynamics  Turn Signals/Aux Lights LEDs

And also installing the caliper mounted lights that I had in my RGC CVO

I did the custom dynamics, too. I prefer the stock look of the CVORK. No aux lights.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »

Dave,  thread here  - http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-twin-forum-general-harley-talk/273385-hd-now-offering-two-daymaker-headlights.html about the differences, the one that has a part number of 73390-10A (new part number 67700243) is shown as $524 (£500 in UK), the part number 67700189, is shown as $399.95. About £324 from Jersey HD, not sure of mainland price. both seem to need an accessory harness to fit, which looks to be about £16, not sure what that does.  Both are now ECE approved for use in the UK, the original 73390 wasn't. Let me know how you get on, Rob

Thanks Rob. I'll investigate further before I decide on which one. It'll be while now as decorating the house has taken precedence. Just as well it's not riding season

Using Tapatalk

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2014, 12:19:16 PM »

Based on what you went with on your auxiliary lights, choose the second pic you have listed.  That is the original headlight that comes stock on the US models and will match your auxiliary lights.  The top pic is the reflector style and they have different auxiliary lights to match that as well.

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2014, 12:25:16 PM »

Just spoke to Jersey HD (Tony), he said 07700243, is not for sale in the UK, only US. So if he is correct, then the reflector will be the only option I guess. Although another dealer told me you could order in the UK. I know this as I was thinking about changing my headlight :)

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

CVO Road King 2014 auxiliary lights
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2014, 12:48:56 PM »

The plot thickens but based on what db252 has said I don't have a choice really. I wish I'd looked into it more before I bought the aux lights

If only the MoCo had made the SERK for all countries with the LED Daymaker this wouldn't have happened!!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:10:49 PM by Bav »
Using Tapatalk

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2014, 03:13:41 PM »

Has anyone fitted one of these instead of changing the headlamp unit? Just wondered if it would give the white light I'm looking for until I can afford to change the unit.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/performance-headlamp-bulb

Using Tapatalk

harleychef2011

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 Road King - Tribal Orange & Galactic Black
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2014, 09:05:27 PM »

Just spoke to Jersey HD (Tony), he said 07700243, is not for sale in the UK, only US. So if he is correct, then the reflector will be the only option I guess. Although another dealer told me you could order in the UK. I know this as I was thinking about changing my headlight :)

The Reflector series was to create an "economy" line of the LED headlamps... you will probably see it moving forward for all stock headlamps (the '15 have stock Reflector LED).  The higher end unit is brighter and more "powerful" (for lack of a better term).  I dont think they are making the passing lamps in the reflector series yet (I may be incorrect on this).

If you cant "buy" it in the UK... there is always Ebay!!!
2014 CVO Road King
V&H Power Duals
V&H Carbon Fiber Tip Pipes
HD Super Tuner & Dyno - 98.7 HP 112.9TQ
RoadTech 665 GPS
Mucho HD Add-Ons!!!

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2014, 10:29:42 PM »

The plot thickens but based on what db252 has said I don't have a choice really. I wish I'd looked into it more before I bought the aux lights

If only the MoCo had made the SERK for all countries with the LED Daymaker this wouldn't have happened!!

Bav, give a look at the Silverstar vxe as they have very good reviews. The HD light doesn't get good reviews and don't last. Your bulb should be an H4 or 9003 which is one in the same. Best of luck.
On a side note, I meant to quote your post about the lightbulb. I shouldn't do this on a phone.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:32:12 PM by db252 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 25 queries.