Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: What year and what mods do you have?  (Read 11743 times)

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
What year and what mods do you have?
« on: December 28, 2003, 08:19:56 PM »

Ok guys, I agree with JCZ!
Let's get some SERG posts.

What mods do your have and what year is your SERG?

For myself:

2001 SERG

Color: Blue

Rear Shocks: Progressive Suspension air Shocks.

Front Springs: Progressive Suspension.

Seat: Big Fat Harley Seat with Air comp. Ugly but oh so comforatble for both myself and wife.

Transmission: Baker Six Speed with 2 teeth less than stock on compensating sproket.

Clutch: HD race clutch with heavy duty springs capable of handling very high torque.

Speakers: JL Audio two way 5 1/4 inch diameter.

Pass. foot rest: "downgraded" to HD floorboards.

Tour Pack: Upgraded to full size tour pak to accomadate the HD back rest for the leather deluxe air seat from HD.

Engine: 116 inch S&S cylinders and forged pistons,
BC Gerolomy WC-3 heads,
Wood's TW8G gear drive cams -.590" lift,
Feuling Oil Pump,
HD Oil Cooler with thermostat,
Cylinders were powder coated to match original stock look. Most peole can't tell the difference!
Thunder cone slip-ons.
PC IIIR AND hd 103 stroker map to get close enough for the PC III to be tunable.
designed for Bagger Torque: 107HP
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 08:21:01 PM by garya1 »
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

garya1

• Full CVO Member
Re: What year and what mods do you have?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 08:23:30 PM »

I tried to attch the photo, but it did not go! Here is another try. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Gary
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 09:33:51 PM »

O.K. Gary, now that you found your way over here......we expect you to keep this forum active. lol [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

I think the reason it hasn't grown is because nobody was here on a regular basis but if we can entice (or insite) you to be the man.....we'd sure like to see this forum (and this web site) grow.

You'll notice that I am the moderator on the SEEG (Screamin Eagle Electra Glide) forum.  I sent you my cell phone number (from the other web site, where I found you) to give me a call if you're going to make it to the Easyrider show.  I'm also going to be meeting another guy from this web site at that show.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

garya1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 10:28:19 AM »

OK JCZ,

I will visit this site on a regular basis and see if I can help get soemthing going.

As for the show in Sac on January 17-18. I am planning to go and will give you a call if I do go. However, I will find out this week when my relatives from Australia will be coming to see my Dad who is not doing so well. Even if they come, I may just take them with me!

I ordered the Fairing vents from Eglide. Got the chrome ones coming. I also ordered the HD heated hand grips. Both are for the SERG.

It must say something about human nature that we want to be warm in the cold and cool when it is warm! ;D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 10:31:42 AM by garya1 »

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 08:26:21 PM »

gotta give ya credit for your up-grades on road glide . did i miss work on lower end,hows mpg.  i don.t have the time to experment want to go on as many trips as i can afford. if i get stuck i,m at the nearest dealer,rodeside assistance,frenquent flyer miles, fix-it i,ll be back my age and life style dictate how i do things. your rite there with cabo&firemam when it comes to mods,the v-glide looks good  lotta style and function,glad to see you went with real bags the small corbin bags look gay-------no ofence just my opinion. did you put sounds in faring on v-glide -------ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

garya1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 09:10:04 PM »

Hey AK,

Thanks for the feedback on MY bikes and I will answer your questions. However, you were supposed to help get this site going by posting YOUR mods! LOL! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

On my 01 SERG I used the 4 5/8 inch S&S stroker crank with the S&S pistons and jugs which were powder coated to look like the originals. As far as dependability goes, the motor is mild with only 107HP but good torque at 127Ft Lbs. I have around 10,000 miles on this motor configuration without any problems.

For myself it is a great bagger although some HP addicted friends give me a hard time casue this engine could easily have been configured for 130 HP! Personally, torque and dependability both are higher on my list. Mileage actually went up a little unless I am trying to keep up with sport bikes in the twists.

On the Vrod, the fairing and bags are stock harley from a Road Glide.

The sound system;
Kenwood MP3/CD/AM/FM head unit.

Siruis Sattellite Radio Module (coast to coast reception)

Sirius Sattellite Radio Antena

2 each JL Audio 5 1/4 inch two way speakers.

2 each Additional 1 3/4 inch tweeters wire to rear speaker outputs on head unit to allow the fader to be used to balance betwwen the speakers and additional tweeters.

Harley hand controls for audio right out of their catalog. This consisted of four switches, two new switch housings and numerous screws, mounting plates etc.

Special interface wired to the hand control switches then programed to give even more functions than a stock system and also to control the Siruis radio.
this little unit will allow control of any aftermarket head unit except Sony.

I will post some new photos after the New Year showing details of the Road Rod's Dash and also the 116 inch cylinders.

Now what about YOUR MODS. LOL [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 09:12:51 PM by garya1 »

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 09:30:36 PM »

got high flow air /se slip ons/ se 203 cams & bugs/mud on 99 roadking /00 ultra. my NEW 04 se electria glide is stock  have ordered high flow air k/n/se slip on mufflers will store till i feel the itch, not going to add  bugs & mud on this unit.   thats what works for me,  i do enjoy the high end stuff you others  guys got going  look forward to seeing ya down the road----------ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

garya1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 09:39:12 PM »

Thanks for the help AK!

Nice stable AK.

WOW! An 04 SE Electra!

I don't think it gets any "higher end" than that. I think that is the BEST looking CVO Bagger..ever!

I do not understand your self control...I would be sitting in the garage and listening for the rain to stop for five minute so I could go ride the SEEG.  [smiley=bigok.gif]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 09:41:52 PM by garya1 »

dewdrop

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 01:10:09 PM »

I ride the 2001 Black & gray FLTRSEI2 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide since May 2001. Have kept it stock except for 15" windshield, highway pegs & chrome horns that make drivers think a semi is coming. Have put 26,000 miles on it so far & just love it. My husband rides a 1999 Ultra Glide, so we make a good pair. Neither of us would trade each other though we do ride each others occasionally. Just love the bike--much stabler and better gas mileage at high speeds. Strangers are always amazed that a woman can ride such a big bike.  

hrlydv

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 11:53:59 AM »

I have the 2000 FLTRSEI since 09/00. I now have 76k on it but I'm on the 3rd motor. Lots of trouble and Harley factory has been great. Last engine they put the 103" in it with power commander and dyno tuned and I now have 20k on it with no problems. I switch to a full size tourpak for long trips and have a 12.5" Rifle tinted windscreen. I run a Dunlop 491 MU on the back, that's one size larger than stock. I have Harleys new High Service belt and went to the 25/36 sprockets on the primary drive. I'll be leaving in mid June for a ride around the US---about 15K miles.

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 03:01:51 PM »

I had a lot of trouble getting registered here the way I wanted but now it's all set and instead of "hrlydv", I'm "hogdooz".
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

garya1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2004, 11:11:37 AM »

Hogdooz;

Welcome to the board! You bike sounds like it is really ready for the USA tour! Good luck and enjoy the wind in your face. Let us know when you will be in northern Calif.

I am interested in your dunlop tire upgrade. Please explain "one size larger". Did you have to do anything to enable the larger tire.

I am only getting 4-5K out of each rear tire. This is due to unplanned burnouts when shifting hard into 2nd or 3rd. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Tony - www.1700cc.co.uk

• Senior CVO Member
  • WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel

• CVO1: FLHYCSE2
    • CVO2: Boss Hoss (w/ZZ430 motor)
    • My bike's website
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2004, 05:15:44 PM »

Engine: 116 inch S&S cylinders and forged pistons,
BC Gerolomy WC-3 heads,
Wood's TW8G gear drive cams -.590" lift,
Feuling Oil Pump,
HD Oil Cooler with thermostat,
Cylinders were powder coated to match original stock look. Most peole can't tell the difference!
Thunder cone slip-ons.
PC IIIR AND hd 103 stroker map to get close enough for the PC III to be tunable.
designed for Bagger Torque: 107HP
BC Gerolamy modified heads
TW8 gear drive cams
Daytona TwinTec with WEGO
BC Gerolamy throttle body
Overflow air filter
Feuling Super Pump
V&H Pro Pipe
Cometic Gaskets

WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel when changing

telephone systems

mfgreen

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2004, 07:27:37 PM »

Gary,

What size was the engine in that Glide before you started. In other words have they always been 103" within the CVO range?
Hey Tony,
Those started out without the stroker crank as 95cid machines

Tony - www.1700cc.co.uk

• Senior CVO Member
  • WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel

• CVO1: FLHYCSE2
    • CVO2: Boss Hoss (w/ZZ430 motor)
    • My bike's website
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004, 03:59:39 PM »

Those started out without the stroker crank as 95cid machines

Mike,

Thanks.

After reading the "stump puller" article, this guy is definately ill with it!
BC Gerolamy modified heads
TW8 gear drive cams
Daytona TwinTec with WEGO
BC Gerolamy throttle body
Overflow air filter
Feuling Super Pump
V&H Pro Pipe
Cometic Gaskets

WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel when changing

telephone systems
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.