Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: thunder header  (Read 2265 times)

Grumpy-jim

• Junior CVO Member
thunder header
« on: May 18, 2005, 01:59:24 AM »

I justed purchased a 2001 FLTRSEI and am wanting put on a 2 into Thunder Header. Any thoughts on what I would need to do for this md? Also, I would be replacing the air filter. Thanks, Grumpy-Jim [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2001 SE Road Glide
1984 Iron Head Sporty
1961 XLCH, 1st Bike 30 Years Ago

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: thunder header
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 10:50:46 AM »

I justed purchased a 2001 FLTRSEI and am wanting put on a 2 into Thunder Header. Any thoughts on what I would need to do for this md? Also, I would be replacing the air filter. Thanks, Grumpy-Jim [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the site!! And as a welcome.... [smiley=worthless.gif]

You will need the high flow air cleaner as well as either a Power Commander or Race Tuner to dail in the fuel. The power commander is really easy to use and I'm sure the have maps pre-defined for your mods. The race tuner is more complicated and would most likely need to be performed by a wrench that is familiar with it. In either case it is always recommended that you have the bike put on a dyno to get it dialed in. Talk with your wrench and see which he is familiar with and go from there.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 10:51:43 AM by hd-dude »

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: thunder header
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 11:58:36 AM »

I put the Thunderheaders on my flhrsei2 .  The hard part was taking mufflers and manifolds off.  Also, the directions fail to mention you must move the right side floor board to get the pipe attached to the cyclinder exhaust port.  Also use new gaskets and don't over tork it.  I am very pleased with the performance and sound.    
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.