Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: Removing a Catalytic Converter form 09 CVO Road Glide  (Read 180775 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Re: Removing a Catalytic Converter form 09 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2008, 07:59:10 AM »

I  seldom have a problem getting the same mufflers that came off back on, They are pretty much sized to fit, used mufflers from another machine can be a problem, but Harbor Freight sells a small muffler expander that will quickly remedy that

Worth their weight in gold along with some copper anti-seize on the joints. They come right off if you ever need to pull them again...Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2008, 10:13:11 AM »

I have a 10" core bit I used about 6" of  5/8 all thread for the arbor, double nutted it, then got  a Dewalt bit that goes in the drill and has a 3/8  square end on it. slip a socket on there and away you got and yes my 10" went inside the pipe while I was drilling it, that's why I  used the all thread, just like Jim suggested. . Worked great... Patience, drill slow and shoot plenty of WD -40 on the bit to keep it cool Greg

Greg,

Gotta do it ! 

:worthless:

/wave
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2008, 11:35:29 AM »

Yeeee Haw.  Another CAT bites the dust!  It sure does look small when it comes out of there (I know....that's what she said).  I really anticipated this being problematic, but this was a heck of a lot easier than getting the welds off the mufflers.  I'm guessing that the core bit would make it through another one, but I don't think I would want to be the one trying to do so.  It looks like the bit gets pretty worn after just cutting one of these out.  I suppose I'll keep it around in case a local friend wants to give it a try, before ordering a new one.  Thanks for all the help guys!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2008, 12:10:03 PM »

Congratulations!   :2vrolijk_09:  Unleash that motor!! 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »

Yeeee Haw.  Another CAT bites the dust!  It sure does look small when it comes out of there (I know....that's what she said).  I really anticipated this being problematic, but this was a heck of a lot easier than getting the welds off the mufflers.  I'm guessing that the core bit would make it through another one, but I don't think I would want to be the one trying to do so.  It looks like the bit gets pretty worn after just cutting one of these out.  I suppose I'll keep it around in case a local friend wants to give it a try, before ordering a new one.  Thanks for all the help guys!

Any noticable difference in the way the bike runs as compared to stock, then just the baffles and now the CC?

:worthless:
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2008, 02:15:06 PM »

I haven't put my mufflers back on yet.  They are gutted and awaiting receipt of my Fullsac inserts.  I did start the bike for just a few seconds with no mufflers (with and without converter) and that puppy roars without the converter.  I'm hoping the Fullsac's arrive Fri, Sat, or Monday.

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2008, 11:30:44 PM »

Does anyone have a spare bit they would part with or maybe one that could have enough left for one more cat.  I'm striking out all over the place.  I've also been quoted up to a couple of hundred bucks for a bit here locally.  Did the baffles this past weekend and the a/c is on the way.  Thanks, Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2008, 11:44:40 PM »

Its amazing, I got mine in 06 when HD started putting cats inside their CVO mufflers for $19.00 from Mcgills, Now this site has  wiped out the worlds supply, Dont worry about these bits wearing out, they were designed to drill through concrete and 1/2 in rebar, Ill bet I have used mine at least twenty times and it just keeps on working.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2008, 11:49:51 PM »

Try www.toolbarn.com. I just got one from them yesterday. I'd be happy to sell you mine, but I think you will get through it much more quickly with a new one. I don't know...they might be good to do 100 of them.

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2008, 12:11:23 AM »

I tried McGills they said sold out for about another month and toolbarn (part #  JD112DCC), can't find anything in the site with that #.  Let me know guys, I'll keep looking.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2008, 12:25:03 AM »

I haven't put my mufflers back on yet.  They are gutted and awaiting receipt of my Fullsac inserts.  I did start the bike for just a few seconds with no mufflers (with and without converter) and that puppy roars without the converter.  I'm hoping the Fullsac's arrive Fri, Sat, or Monday.

Looks like Tuesday.

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/02/2008.

Tracking Number:    1Z Y60 Y68 03 9252 488 2    
Type:    Package    
In Transit - On Time    
Scheduled Delivery:    12/02/2008    
Shipped To:    MONROEVILLE, PA, US    
Shipped/Billed On:    11/21/2008    
Service:    GROUND    
Weight:    5.00 Lbs    
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2008, 01:12:56 AM »

I just checked out toolbarn.com and I can't find it on there anymore.  Maybe they deleted it from their site if they are out of stock.  Their search function leaves something to be desired.  If you go to "MORE" across the top, then click on bits, then core bits, then over to the right upper area click on "toolbarn" for the brand, it will list all of the toolbarn core bits, and 1.5" is no longer there.  I just got one from them yesterday and drilled my CAT out this morning.  Sorry for the bum steer.  These things are getting cleaned out from anyone that has them for a decent price.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2008, 02:00:13 AM »

Here's one on ebay  http://cgi.ebay.com/Concrete-Core-Drill-Bit-1-5-55-Bond_W0QQitemZ400010559658QQihZ027QQcategoryZ50892QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262  Not bad for a 16" long one if you can get it at the starting bid pricing of $38.73 + $7 shipping.  I'm searching around to see if there are any more available anyplace.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2008, 06:40:13 AM »

Does anyone have a spare bit they would part with or maybe one that could have enough left for one more cat.  I'm striking out all over the place.  I've also been quoted up to a couple of hundred bucks for a bit here locally.  Did the baffles this past weekend and the a/c is on the way.  Thanks, Let's Roll

Go here, These are great bits and work well http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-Premium-DRY-Diamond-Core-Drill-Bit-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ150202045742QQihZ005QQcategoryZ50892QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247 
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2008, 10:18:27 AM »

i had my headpipe off recently so i could install my ss fasteners. the cc chamber is 7" the cc is 5". the front headpipe has an inch er so unobstructed before the cc. the split is after so while the drilling doesn't remove all the cc it helps.

definitely cooler

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 25 queries.