CVO Social > Off Topic

Common Cold

(1/1)

hard10:
Ok, this is off topic. I'm home sick w/ a cold. What do you take for the common cold? And we had snow flurries here today. (just thought I would through that in.)

Midnight Rider:

--- Quote ---Ok, this is off topic. I'm home sick w/ a cold. What do you take for the common cold? And we had snow flurries here today. (just thought I would through that in.)
--- End quote ---

If it's JUST got a hold of you, get you some ZiCam swabs...they really do cut the length of the cold in half, but you've got to catch it early on.  If it's already got a hold of you, and you just want to get rid of the symptoms, I have found Alka-Seltzer Plus, in whatever flavor, works fast and works well.  Afrin brand nose spray will let you breathe, but you can get "addicted" to it, so don't use more than three or four days.

If you're not better after 7 days, call your doc, as you have an infection from the cold virus that has turned bacterial.  ZPac works well and only takes 5 days to take them all.

My medical advice for the day.... ;D ;D ::) ::)

Screamin:
Shot of whiskey or two mixed w/ a teaspoon of honey and hit the sack. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but it's always worth a try.

Garznhogs:
Vitamin C supplements, 1,000 mg upon rising, 500 mg every 3 or so hours, another 1,000 mg at bedtime. Seems to either cut the length, or at least ease the symptoms.  I take 500 every day, and double it if I even THINK I'm feeling something.
I'm not a doctor, and don't play one on TV. :)
Garz

djkak:

--- Quote ---Ok, this is off topic. I'm home sick w/ a cold. What do you take for the common cold? And we had snow flurries here today. (just thought I would through that in.)
--- End quote ---

Place a towel treated with a

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version