Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saddle bag courtesey light  (Read 1510 times)

Glenncarp

Saddle bag courtesey light
« on: April 30, 2011, 11:35:54 PM »

Has anyone had an issue with the LED push on/off light on a 2011 SERG turning on after a ride? I have checked and taped the wires in the tour pack. Dealer says I have to bring it in as it is a warrantee issue, they won't just give me a new one.

Easy fix I am sure, sounds to me like the LED itself is defective. It only happens on the left side, not in the TP and not on the right side.

Anyone have the same issue?

After reading and posting here for the last month and reading about some issues, if this is the only I have have, I will take it!

Thanks,

Glenncarp

CTcvorider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2010 R1200RT
    • CVO3: 1985 Ducati MHR Mille
Re: Saddle bag courtesey light
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:39 PM »

Funny, I didn't even know there were lights there until I saw it mentioned on one of the forums.  I went out and checked my bike, but I still haven't figured out how to turn them on or off.

jiml53

• 1K CVO Member
  • Silent Service

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 blk #535
    • CVO2: '02 FXDX-T
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 06:15:09 PM »

Just push in on the middle of the light. They only stay on a couple of minutes.

jim    :coolblue:
Deep Silent Fast Deadly

Glenncarp

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:07:17 PM »

Or let it come on after a ride like my bike!!!  :P :P :P

jiml53

• 1K CVO Member
  • Silent Service

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 blk #535
    • CVO2: '02 FXDX-T
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »

Glenn,

I'd say your switch is made up. Easy enough to replace.

jim  :coolblue:
Deep Silent Fast Deadly

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 02:30:28 PM »

Has anyone had an issue with the LED push on/off light on a 2011 SERG turning on after a ride? I have checked and taped the wires in the tour pack. Dealer says I have to bring it in as it is a warrantee issue, they won't just give me a new one.

Easy fix I am sure, sounds to me like the LED itself is defective. It only happens on the left side, not in the TP and not on the right side.

Anyone have the same issue?

After reading and posting here for the last month and reading about some issues, if this is the only I have have, I will take it!

Thanks,

Glenncarp

Is there some reason you don't want to take it in for the dealer to replace the light (sounds like a defective switch to me)?  I can't think of any simple wiring scenario that would account for the light turning on by itself, so it looks like a replacement light is in order.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »

Just an FYI here.  I don't remember the details specifically but it's not an absolute that the problem is in the left side bag's light. 

Right after those lights came out four or five years ago I had a problem with my right side light.  Don't remember if it wouldn't turn on or wouldn't turn off.  Though I think I remember it being on at times I was sure I hadn't turned it on. 

Doing the obvious I replaced that light.  Wasn't the problem.  Turns out whatever master control there is that controls the automatic functions of all three lights is incorporated in the light in the tour pak lid.  Replaced that and then my bag light was fine.

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 25 queries.