CVO Technical > Trailers / toyhaulers

bike trailers question

(1/3) > >>

laylonlor:
 what size trailer do I need to fit a road glide and a street glide  in with out them rubbing against each  other  :nixweiss:

laylonlor:
 looks like a 8.5 times 16 , hu  :drummer:

CVODON:
Everyone has a opinion but a 7x12 will work good,   Bikes have to be staggered but it is no problem. I have towed thousands of miles this way without mishap with a Road Glide and Electra Glide, you don't have to remove the bags etc, You do have to tie the bikes down evenly and I find it is much easier if the trailer is equipped with Condor or similar stops. That way it makes it possible for one person to load and tie down the bikes without worrying about them falling over or bumping each other. Bikes need at Least four tiedowns, front will be held with whatever type chock you have & two forward tiedowns but the rear of each bike must be tied to prevent swing or sliding of the rear tires during a sever sway of trailer or a accident. I use 2 on the front and four on the rear, two pulling forward to keep it in the chock if for some reason the front were to come loose and 2 to side to prevent sliding.
A 7X14 will give you more room to haul extra stuff with the bikes and a 8 foot wide will make it easier but really no need for the extra foot of width unless your going to use the trailer for something else and need the extra width. Eight foot wide motorcycle trailers are pretty rare but can usually be special ordered if your buying a new one. I sold trailers and never sold, or had anyone even want a 8 wide.
DO BUY TRAILER BRAKES. So much safer and a cheap option.

JCZ:
Since it's two Harleys, use the B&W Biker Bar.  You do not need a wheel chock and you do not need straps.  I've towed ocean to ocean using the Biker Bar in my toy hauler with my CVO Ultra Classic.  Others here are using it also.  Search this forum for B&W Biker Bar.

Threephase:
X2 on the biker bar. It also prevents the back wheel from bouncing over into your other bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version