CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Best rear suspension for FLHTCUSE2 that will lower my bike a little(I am 250lbs)

<< < (2/2)

Bobgratton1969:
Well, I still went with the 21" wheel and I love it. The 16 inch ape hangers are make my drive a lot more confortable (no more back pain). I already bought the rear shocks (12" Legends Rev-A) and they will go on this spring. The next small mods will be LED lights and a Klock Werks Flare windshield and deflectors. I'll post another pic when done.

ric.sut32@gmail.com:
Nice looking ride!
    One thing for sure is there is not one set-up that works for all, and if it suits your riding style and comfort, that is all that matters.
I have been riding in your area for many years and I can see how that set-up would work for you. Not like the Blue Ridge
Mountains in the Carolina's were I live and ride. We have 15mph switchbacks dropping off like cliffs everywhere. It is a race track.
As you can see, my bike is set up for twisty's. There are no straight roads where is live. I really like the Metzeler radials also.
They handle great and the comfort improvements of a Radial carcass tire makes for a nice feeling ride. It dampens out the high
frequency harmonics from road surface inputs to the suspension.   
    Michelin has 3 plants in Nova Scotia and I have been going there since the 70's. Great People! Cool Music and Wonderful Seafood!
It's beautiful place to be and ride! .. after May. Those -20 deg C January days are a bit brisk for me.
   FYI lowing your suspension does detract from your cornering but most of the roads I have ridden up there were long sweeps
like the Sunrise Trail and the run out to Cape Breton on the Trans-Canadian Highway.
                     Enjoy! Ric

Ironhorse:
Having had Progressive, Ohlins and Legends, I can recommend without hesitation Ohlins and Legends. 

HOGMIKE:
Finally had to retire my Works shocks after 14 years on 5 different bikes.
Added Ohlins to my 2019 they seem to be working great. Had to upgrade the front forks to compliment the ride quality on both ends.
Definitely worth the $$$ for me.
👍

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: HOGMIKE on February 12, 2024, 09:54:11 PM ---Finally had to retire my Works shocks after 14 years on 5 different bikes.
Added Ohlins to my 2019 they seem to be working great. Had to upgrade the front forks to compliment the ride quality on both ends.
Definitely worth the $$$ for me.
👍

--- End quote ---

I added some “stealth” covers for the shock reservoirs, now my riding buddies won’t be asking questions!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version