CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Front forks rebuild?

<< < (2/3) > >>

pauly_2:
Hi again,
The only concern I have with the Bitubo, is their insistence (in the documentation) on returning the cartridges back to a dealer every 20,000ks, or 2 years for a rebuild. My hope is that if they degrade that quickly, I don’t notice it! I’ve never had shocks that need replacing after 2 years so I’m hoping they are being ultra conservative.

Thanks
Pauly2

--- Quote from: GKroadking on November 21, 2023, 04:35:44 AM ---Hi,

that's amazing, I also ordered the Bitubo cartridges for the front fork this week. Installation is planned for the end of the year.

At the rear I have the adjustable HD 772 shock absorbers from Ohlins, which I am very happy with. So far I have always been dissatisfied with the front fork's response and damping. The corresponding Ohlins cartridges FKS 228 are significantly more expensive than the Bitubo and are also not available at the moment. There is a lot of positive feedback about the Bitubos and they come from the “motorcycle racing” country of Italy

If you are dismantling the fork for service purposes, I would always consider improvements such as springs, oil or cartridges.

https://bitubousa.myshopify.com/products/49mm-jbh-fork-cartridges

Take care

--- End quote ---

GKroadking:

--- Quote from: pauly_2 on November 22, 2023, 04:47:35 AM ---Hi again,
The only concern I have with the Bitubo, is their insistence (in the documentation) on returning the cartridges back to a dealer every 20,000ks, or 2 years for a rebuild. My hope is that if they degrade that quickly, I don’t notice it! I’ve never had shocks that need replacing after 2 years so I’m hoping they are being ultra conservative.

Thanks
Pauly2

--- End quote ---

I know some motorcyclists (other brands) who also have Bitubo cartridges. Nothing needs to be serviced at that interval.

Thats a like a "recommendation" or a suggestion or proposal as to the best course of action  ::)

Keep save

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: KGB on November 21, 2023, 02:18:42 PM ---
I used the Ohlins FKS 228 from Cycle Solutions in my 2019 Limited, I believed it was March of 2021 and they cost me $925.00 with the the two special tools and fluid, I purchased two seal kits with the bushings from Harley, pretty straight forward installation, made a big difference in the ride. The stock parts were pretty much the same as my 2016 Street Glide. but you are correct it did seem to ride better, but after installing the Ohlins it rode extremely better.

--- End quote ---

At this point I’m not sure about spending $1000.00 + or - on front suspension as the stock system seemed to work fairly well so far.
My current plan is a rebuild kit (HD) and 10w oil.
If that doesn’t work for me, I’ll bite the bullet and spring for Legends.
Only reason for that is a pair of their shocks in the future if my present shocks die.

8)

KGB:

--- Quote from: HOGMIKE on November 22, 2023, 06:40:33 AM ---At this point I’m not sure about spending $1000.00 + or - on front suspension as the stock system seemed to work fairly well so far.
My current plan is a rebuild kit (HD) and 10w oil.
If that doesn’t work for me, I’ll bite the bullet and spring for Legends.
Only reason for that is a pair of their shocks in the future if my present shocks die.

8)

--- End quote ---
Try Pro Action Suspension, less money than a cartridge

https://street.pro-action.com/fork-kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pauly_2:
Hi KGB,

I agree with them (about nothing being wrong with standard fork tube arrangements). Too late for me now though. :-)

Thanks
Pauly

--- Quote from: KGB on November 22, 2023, 01:24:13 PM ---Try Pro Action Suspension, less money than a cartridge

https://street.pro-action.com/fork-kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version