CVO Social > Off Topic

Super Bowl

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ironhorse:
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcie didn’t bother me anymore than Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe, Frank Gifford and Kathy Lee, Lance Rentzal and Joey Heatherton, or Jimmy Connors and Patty McGuire. However Joe Theismann and Kathy Lee Crosby pissed me off as Joes wife Sherry caught them together on the eve of SB 18. Theismann went on to have a horrible game and the Skins lost to the Raiders. Folks get twisted for the silliest reasons.

I thought it was an excellent game. I feel bad for SF but have to say that Patrick Mahomes has fully cemented himself on the mantle of greatness. During that final drive he willed the team down the field. He was NEVER thinking field goal, only touchdown.

To carry it to extremes, one day you can say you lived in the time of Patrick Mahomes.

FLSTFI Dave:
Funny with all the complaining about Taylor Swift, it didn't really bother me.  I'm 100% positive it doesn't both the NFL or the Chiefs Franchise.  By most reports Taylor has generated an additional 331 million in revenue for the Chiefs.  She has also generated additional income for the NFL, and brought in viewers they didn't have.

Hondo2doc:

--- Quote from: FLSTFI Dave on February 13, 2024, 07:54:41 AM ---Funny with all the complaining about Taylor Swift, it didn't really bother me.  I'm 100% positive it doesn't both the NFL or the Chiefs Franchise.  By most reports Taylor has generated an additional 331 million in revenue for the Chiefs.  She has also generated additional income for the NFL, and brought in viewers they didn't have.

--- End quote ---
Oh good lord yes, Taylor Swift is a living, breathing, walking singing and entertaining money machine. She makes more money just waking up to have coffee than I make in a year. I'm sure she has generated piles of revenue for the Chiefs and related industries.

Here's the thing,  I could care less who any professional athlete dates or marries.....make no difference to me at all. But in saying that when I decide to tune in and watch a sporting event of any kind I have NO desire to have a camera pan the reaction of a wife or girlfriend after each play. Yes of course the networks show a mom and dad reactions after a particularly good or bad play. Same with a wife or girlfriend. But 5 or 6 or 7 plus times a game gets old IMHO.

For example for my personal preference,  after say Travis Kelce catches a touchdown pass.....rather then spend time showing Taylor Swift jumping up and down repeatedly along with Patrick Mahomes wife in their luxury suite. How about showing some detailed replay of the touchdown along with some indepth analysis of how it happened.

Again I could care less about Taylor Swift  or who she dates.....but I also have no desire to see her reactions numerous times during a game. It adds nothing to my personal game enjoyment.......I'm sure I'm in the minority though.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: Hondo2doc on February 13, 2024, 08:19:35 AM ---after say Travis Kelce catches a touchdown pass.....rather then spend time showing Taylor Swift jumping up and down repeatedly along with Patrick Mahomes wife in their luxury suite. How about showing some detailed replay of the touchdown along with some indepth analysis of how it happened.

--- End quote ---

They do that. In fact there are so many cameras they can show it from six different angles. And the cut away shots take what, 2.5 seconds?

This is no different than having a camera on Archie and Olivia Manning to catch their reaction when one of their sons made a big play. We had the same thing going on with a camera on Mike Shanahan or Ed McCaffery to catch their reactions when Kyle or Christian does something.

And like you said alll of it drives up interest for the league which drives up income.

Mano:
But 5 or 6 or 7 plus times a game gets old IMHO.

For example for my personal preference,  after say Travis Kelce catches a touchdown pass.....rather then spend time showing Taylor Swift jumping up and down repeatedly along with Patrick Mahomes wife in their luxury suite. How about showing some detailed replay of the touchdown along with some indepth analysis of how it happened.

Again I could care less about Taylor Swift  or who she dates.....but I also have no desire to see her reactions numerous times during a game. It adds nothing to my personal game enjoyment.......I'm sure I'm in the minority though.

X2
I counted 16 times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version