Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: exhaust pipes  (Read 2503 times)

GMAN

• FLHRSEI.ORG
exhaust pipes
« on: December 12, 2006, 03:01:58 PM »

My new FLHRSE3 came with standard touring pipes. I want to change my pipes for performance and so I can hear the true sound of my 110 cubic inches. Anyone with ideas on the perfect pipes for this machine?

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

Re: exhaust pipes
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 03:14:30 PM »

First off a warm welcome to the site.  Secondly I have no clue as to pipes for an '07.  I like the Rinehart Tru duals but am not sure if they will work with the '07.  Someone here will be sure to let you know though.

Ride safe, CVOMOE
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 03:18:43 PM »

Hey GMAN,

Welcome to the best little wh.... oops, wrong movie.

It's a neat place here, like none other.

Here's a link to keep you busy for awhile....

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1162573902/0

When you figure out the perfect combination, please let the rest of us in on it.  I'm dying to find it out myself.

Cheers!  Chief

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 03:33:37 PM »

My new FLHRSE3 came with standard touring pipes. I want to change my pipes for performance and so I can hear the true sound of my 110 cubic inches. Anyone with ideas on the perfect pipes for this machine?

Welcome to the site with all the answers, and good luck with your new bike. Anyone ever get this question before? Hoist, don't be a WA! Only kidding, GMAN. You should find everything you need to know here and we're glad to have you.
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 04:06:17 PM »

Hey Gman welcome to the site.

Guess you're going to find a whole lot of stuff about exhausts in here - not sure if there is a definitive answer though.

Enjoy.

[smiley=2vrolijk_09.gif]

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 07:22:41 PM »

Gman

Welcome, and congratulations on the new ride.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 10:01:37 PM »

Welcome, and good luck on finding the perfect mufflers.  Sound and loudness are very subjective.  Everyone hears things a little different and what may sound good to one person doesn't to the next.  I would suggest listening to other 07's with various exhaust systems and see what you like the best.  Or you could do as I did with my '06 CUSE.  I bought and tried 6 different sets before deciding that the Vance & Hines Ovals sounded the best to me.  I drove the wife nuts buying mufflers, installing them, taking them off and selling them on eBay.  I actually came out pretty good in the end.  Probably cost me $250 in the end to try 6 different sets.  It was worth it.  By the end I could install and uninstall mufflers in my sleep.  :)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 10:20:12 PM »

Welcome G-man You've come to the right place if it's 2900 opinions you're looking for  ;D

This is the best H-D related website out there Dude. You'll make some solid friends that love to help you and all the dead presidents in your wallet part company

My advice is this. If you want performance it takes more than just pipes. Performance as defined on this site begin above Stage II.  So having said that, if you only want to hear your motor a little better I'd suggest the slip ons I just bought Screamin Eagle Part # 65115-98B out of production but available at dealers like Chicago H-D that do internet sales. The reason I suggest these over others is simple. They sound really good, you can install them without doing a remap and they cost less than most others. AND if you do some more mods they will still work. Change your air cleaner to a K&N element and buy a set of these pipes and your bike will run as good as it does now and sound soooooo much better. You buy a set of Vance and Hines, Hookers to name two and you'd better be planning on remapping your ECM. There's a bunch of folks talking about all that somewhere on the site. If you do want to get into some Stage mods, just ask whatever it is you want to know and a lot of folks will offer their help

Welcome again

Big B

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 10:07:34 AM »

[highlight]Hey Gman welcome to the site.[/highlight]

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 10:23:10 AM »

GMAN,

Welcome to the family.

I echo you feelings on the OEM exhaust on the SERK.  I am hoping that while I hibernate this winter some of my brothers here will have had a chance to try some different mods, and will report there findings.  I am definatly going to put on some true duals, just a mater of picking the right brand.

Later,
Ghost

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 08:26:24 PM »

Welcome to the site GMAN.  :)  The perfect exhaust combination, is the one that's right for you, in sound, performance, and looks.   For me, as you can see in my signature, I chose the Vance and Hines duals and oval slippons.   They have the ports for the O2 sensors in the header pipes, and I'm running the SERT to tune it.   I got a chance to listen to various pipes before I made my decision and it boiled down to the Rineharts or the Vance and Hines Ovals.  The Ovals sounded more "Harley" to me, but that's what's "perfect" for me.  ;)  As others have suggested, listen to other bikes if you can and see what sounds "perfect" to you.   I will be getting my setup fine tuned on the dyno when I do my 1K service here soon.  I will post the results when it's done.

Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 1.016 seconds with 21 queries.