Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: HELP! SERK Needs Different Handlebars  (Read 12347 times)

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
Re: HELP! SERK Needs Different Handlebars
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »

Hoist,
The cables work. They are not the best length but I couldn't find the correct length so I just used them. They function properly just look a little tight, The wiring had to be extended. I have heard you can go 8" without any changes, not sure though.
Mikey
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

Mikey

• Senior CVO Member

• Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 08:09:01 PM »

Some disassembly required.
Mike

Mikey

• Senior CVO Member

• Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 08:17:12 PM »

Jester,
PM me with the details on the chock. Not sure I need a faster way of clamping. My stuff seems to stay on the lift forever.
Mike

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2007, 08:17:37 PM »

Hoist,
The cables work. They are not the best length but I couldn't find the correct length so I just used them. They function properly just look a little tight, The wiring had to be extended. I have heard you can go 8" without any changes, not sure though.
Mikey

OMG, that's a project! My buddy will definitely be doing this job at the shop! It doesn't seem like I'll know exactly what I'll need, until its apart, with the new bars ready to go! PIA! Damn you again MoCo! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 09:41:09 AM »

not sure if your still looking at options, i grabbed the tag from the bars when i was in the garage saddleing up this morning.

Flanders

Dyna Wide Glide Mini Ape Style

DS-300147

h 10" pb 10" c 8" w 34.25"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2007, 09:44:05 AM »

not sure if your still looking at options, i grabbed the tag from the bars when i was in the garage saddleing up this morning.

Sounds like somebody rode their scooter to work this morning. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2007, 09:57:39 AM »

Flanders

DS-300147

h 10" pb 10" c 8" w 34.25"

Thanks Neal. I've decided to go with the Wild 1 Chubbys WO515, 10" Mini Ape 10"h, 11.5"pb, 10"c, 36"w. It was a toss up between those and the 12.5" Ape. But decided on the 515. The 12.5's take you to just above the top of the mirrors. A little too high. An 11' h bar would have been perfect. Since I could only measure with phantom bars, I hope the fit is right when I try it with the actual bars! When the bars come in, we'll take it apart and see what's required regarding cables, wires and hyd. lines. Thanks for everyonre's help and suggestions. I'll get some pics of it when I'm done. Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2007, 11:54:46 AM »

Thanks Neal. I've decided to go with the Wild 1 Chubbys WO515, 10" Mini Ape 10"h, 11.5"pb, 10"c, 36"w. It was a toss up between those and the 12.5" Ape. But decided on the 515. The 12.5's take you to just above the top of the mirrors. A little too high. An 11' h bar would have been perfect. Since I could only measure with phantom bars, I hope the fit is right when I try it with the actual bars! When the bars come in, we'll take it apart and see what's required regarding cables, wires and hyd. lines. Thanks for everyonre's help and suggestions. I'll get some pics of it when I'm done. Hoist! 8)

Cut those lines, wires and harnesses.  Build that motor.  Your warranty is gonna be so screwed  :huepfenlol2: !

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2007, 12:06:51 PM »

Cut those lines, wires and harnesses.  Build that motor.  Your warranty is gonna be so screwed  :huepfenlol2: !

W.....ty, what w.....ty? These things come with a W......ty? Who would'a thunk it? ;) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2007, 12:09:17 PM »

W.....ty, what w.....ty? These things come with a W......ty? Who would'a thunk it? ;) Hoist! 8)

yeah, remember man, it's those pages in the back of the owner's manual that us riding monkeys tear out and use for hygienic purposes when times are tough are buying too much chrome

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »

yeah, remember man, it's those pages in the back of the owner's manual that us riding monkeys tear out and use for hygienic purposes when times are tough are buying too much chrome

Owner's Manual. it comes with that too? Man somebody should warn you ahead of time about modifying a brand new motorcycle. Just think, I could'a had a stinking W.....ty! Then I would have been able to keep my bike stock, have the dealer work on it, and fight with them about everything! Look at all the great times I'm missing out on! Damn! I wish you would've told me about that. I really could've used all the heartburn that goes along with that experience. Yeah,, the New Bike HD Owner's Experience. Oh yeah, that's right, someone told me about the Section in there about how to fight with them to maintain your W.....ty! Geez, I miss all the fun! ::) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2007, 12:34:05 PM »

Owner's Manual. it comes with that too? Man somebody should warn you ahead of time about modifying a brand new motorcycle. Just think, I could'a had a stinking W.....ty! Then I would have been able to keep my bike stock, have the dealer work on it, and fight with them about everything! Look at all the great times I'm missing out on! Damn! I wish you would've told me about that. I really could've used all the heartburn that goes along with that experience. Yeah,, the New Bike HD Owner's Experience. Oh yeah, that's right, someone told me about the Section in there about how to fight with them to maintain your W.....ty! Geez, I miss all the fun! ::) Hoist! 8)

Howie, the book isn't all bad.  If you read between the line, in subsection 3, section 8, paragraph 3, 1st Divsion, 2nd Brigade, page 4, about halfway down on the left it tells you that diamond coated and powder coated cylinders are just way frakking cool.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 10:41:04 PM »

Flanders

DS-300147

h 10" pb 10" c 8" w 34.25"b
  before anyone buys the wide glide mini apes look at the welding next to the grips it is alful. A first grader could weld and grind a better finish. Yow can see it sticking out the grip. billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 10:47:51 PM »

before anyone buys the wide glide mini apes look at the welding next to the grips it is alful. A first grader could weld and grind a better finish. Yow can see it sticking out the grip. billy

i cant speak for all of their bars, but these were a 1" bar no welds on them.....
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2007, 10:17:26 PM »

Does anyine know the specs on the stock bars???  So I can compare other bars.
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 21 queries.