Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: SERK Aux Lighting  (Read 8997 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: SERK Aux Lighting
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 08:29:07 AM »

BP;

Yes, I went for the 'Frenched' look with the visors on both the auxillary lights and headlight. The headlight visor is HD part # 69733-05  $38.95. My only quibble with it is that I can't seem to get the 'gap' (located at 1800) to close tight enough for my liking. This visor does not replace your stock one, but rather goes over top of it. The 'gap' or split on the visors for the auxillary lights closed tightly.
It does give the bike a s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out look, especially with the windshield off.
Speaking of the windshield, I am now 'tethering' mine since it was blown off by a landing helicopter thereby damaging my front fender. This happened even after I deliberately tightened-up the retaining clips as recommended by another owner who had his (larger) windscreen blown off by a gust of wind. For now, I'm just using some nylon lacing running from the wire clip on one side to the other. I will find something more attractive in the form of chain or braid. The warning word here is 'detachable'.
I'll take and post some additional pics of the visors later today.

leoniru

I had the same problem with the other optional headlight trim ring.  I loosened the factory original trim ring which allowed the outer trim ring to have more space, enabling the gap to be eliminated at the bottom.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 09:44:57 AM »

S-Egul;
I tried several times loosening the original ring's retaining screw to allow the outer trim ring to slip down further in the 'groove' between the headlight shell and the ring, but it still didn't get me any tighter on the gap. It got so loose that the doubled-up assembly didn't feel secure enough to stay on. Mayhaps I'll try again now that I know someone else was successful at it.

Thanx,

leoniru

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 09:55:19 AM »

B-P;

Here's the additional pics.

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 09:57:47 AM »

Another

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 10:01:12 AM »

Another

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 10:10:39 AM »

Last one

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 12:14:11 PM »

I've got the visor on my headlight,  finally had the dealer look at it cause I couldn't get it tight.  they couldn't either. got a slight opening .  also have the visors on all the signals.  love the look.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 09:10:34 PM »

leoniru,

That looks freakin' awesome!  Definately my next upgrade, looks like the CVO Team should have done this from the factory!

Too bad the headlight visor is really more cosmetic than functional, I mean by mounting over the existing chrome bezel... How cheap!
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 01:04:57 PM »

How hard is it to remove the turn signals from the handle bars and relocating them below the Aux lights?  Isn't the wiring internal in the handle bars? 

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 01:24:29 PM »

How hard is it to remove the turn signals from the handle bars and relocating them below the Aux lights?  Isn't the wiring internal in the handle bars? 

Cut the wires off flush at the switch housing.  You buy new ones :) and then wire them along with the passing lights inside the nacelle.  I did mine with connectors so I can remove if necessary.

I did think os something after:

I think its called Road Tunes, but their speakers are just like the HD turn signals.  You could utilize the internal wiring and stock T/S mounts to add speakers nice and neat.

Just a thought, only too late.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2007, 06:47:52 PM »

Another pic

Is it just the picture or is the light on the left bent?  Is it maybe a better idea to go with the passing lamp bracket that has the strut for stability?  Do the lights move and loosen with the vibration on the bike?

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 07:52:37 AM »

BP;
I took these pics before I did the final aiming/tightening of the lights. Not sure which pic you're referring too, but it's possible the left light was skewed a bit at that time.
Since final positioning nothing has moved --- not even a little. Rather solid. I think even more so than the other style (with the cross brace) mount.

leoniru

THEOZZ

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 Black Ice
    • CVO2: 2001 FXSTDI Silver
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 12:37:25 PM »

Here is the Aux Lighting setup with the turn signals relocated:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 12:39:02 PM by THEOZZ »

DoCPooF

• 2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

• CVO1: 2007 Screamin Eagle Road King
    • CVO2: 2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 07:45:02 PM »

I went with the custom billet ones from HD.  I think they are the same ones that Ozz has above but I went with the french trim rings.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 07:47:01 PM by DoCPooF »
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing
2006 Street Glide
2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 09:07:45 PM »

Looks better than I thought with the turnsignals relocated. I left mine on the bars primarily because I didn't want to mess with the internal wires, but I've become aware of an advantage (at least I find it to be one) to leaving the signals on the bars, and it's this: I can see the turnsignal's reflection on the back of the auxillary light housings. It's a quicker and safer way to ascertain that my turnsignals are either active or not instead of having to take my eyes completely off the road to glance down at the console indicator. Where I live, there are so many hazards (notably deer and wayward drivers) that one needs every advantage you can get to avoid collisions. My diminishing eyesight and slowing response time doesn't help either. Gee, did I just say I'm getting 'old'?

leoniru
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.