Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Isolated Drive on new 08  (Read 7357 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Isolated Drive on new 08
« on: September 21, 2007, 05:53:40 PM »

Has anyone know if the new isolated Drive on the 08 improves the ride?  It is item # 40287-07 in the book.  They say it should smooth out the ride. Not sure if it is a worth  while upgrade. Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Isolated Drive on new 08
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 06:48:17 PM »

Has anyone know if the new isolated Drive on the 08 improves the ride?  It is item # 40287-07 in the book.  They say it should smooth out the ride. Not sure if it is a worth  while upgrade. Thanks Billy

I have not ridden a bike with the IDS on it yet, but I have spoken to others who have had it installed. Without exception, they all say it mad a marked improvement on the smoothness of the bike.

:indian_chief:

Kodiak

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:55:28 PM »

Had it installed on my bike. It was a money well spent improvement. Bike has a whole new feel to it.
2012 Candy Cobalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE, Vance & Hines Power Duals, 4" Rinehart's, SE Super Tuner, Mustang Super Solo with backrest &  passenger seat.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 08:59:20 PM »

How does a Harley feel like a Harley w/o some vibration. Rubber mounts took most of it out. If you guys grew up on rigids or 4-speeds, you'd think all FL's are like rolling Barcoloungers! I still love my 4-speed and my SERK is smooth as silk. To me anyway. I can't see adding that Jap smoothener on a Harley! :o

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 09:51:23 PM »

Had it installed on my bike. It was a money well spent improvement. Bike has a whole new feel to it.
how much for the install? Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »

I had an opportunity to take a completely stock ‘08 TC96 Road Glide for a little 120 mile hop last weekend. I must say that I was impressed with the high speed stability of the chassis and the smooth powertrain characteristics.

This machine runs as stable in low triple digits as it does at 55 mph. I can’t help but wonder if anchoring the top of the powertrain to the steering head does a better job of maintaining relative vertical alignment between the front and rear wheels. As the chassis flexes under load, the steering head seems to be a better choice for an anchor point than a location near the middle of the chassis, if maintaining relative alignment between front and rear wheels is the goal.

I haven’t run an ’07 enough to make a good comparison between the new and old sprocket, although I can say that the that the power delivery of the ’08 is remarkably smooth. I found myself cruising along in fourth gear at 3,200 rpm without realizing that I should be grabbing the next gear until I saw the tach. That isn’t something that is likely to happen with the earlier machinery. The reduced reciprocating weight in the TC96 engine must also contribute to the smooth powertrain characteristics.     

Djkak

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »

I think the isolated drive acts like a big rubber band or a capacitor for rear wheel go. It's like it stores energy without wasting it and smoothly scoots you foward sneaky fast.

I don't know how the geometry of the mounts actually work but I agree moving the link to the foward top has to be better than a middle top location.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 08:09:30 PM »

How does a Harley feel like a Harley w/o some vibration. Rubber mounts took most of it out. If you guys grew up on rigids or 4-speeds, you'd think all FL's are like rolling Barcoloungers! I still love my 4-speed and my SERK is smooth as silk. To me anyway. I can't see adding that Jap smoothener on a Harley! :o

Hoist! 8)
  Hoist, I would have thought that you would have been the first to improve on the ride . You  seem to be on the cutting edge of performace and ride all the time.    I think it is worth a try to make the bike ride better. Billy

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 08:16:28 PM »

IMO, HD could learn a few things from some of the Jap bikes...German and Italian too!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 08:25:11 PM »

Well, I know exactly what Hoist is saying......if you rode long enough on the ole chit (hardtails/knucks/shovels,etc...) then it's hard not to think we've died and gone to heaven on these new scooters(HD's), Harley has never been at the forefront of technological engineering, but, that's not why we buy 'em, now is it?  I'm just tickled to be able  to 'ride' and not have to 'wrench' before getting home on these new and improved HD's......  I'm w/ you on this one Howie!  ;) har! :drink:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 08:53:47 PM »

I've seen this item and read the description in the catalog but can someone explain to me, in laymans terms, how it achieves a 'smoother' ride.

TIA, AJ

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 09:52:05 PM »

I've seen this item and read the description in the catalog but can someone explain to me, in laymans terms, how it achieves a 'smoother' ride.

TIA, AJ

Think of it as a shock absorber dampening the pulsed energy generated by the engine pushing against the road’s surface. Without the shock absorber (hard tail) more of the pulsed energy will be transmitted through the engine mounts into the chassis. The rubber isolators in the sprocket absorb energy in much the same way that lowering the rear tire pressure in a hard tail helps cushion the rider by allowing the tire to flex more.

djkak

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 09:59:27 PM »

Think of it as a shock absorber dampening the pulsed energy generated by the engine pushing against the road’s surface. Without the shock absorber (hard tail) more of the pulsed energy will be transmitted through the engine mounts into the chassis. The rubber isolators in the sprocket absorb energy in much the same way that lowering the rear tire pressure in a hard tail helps cushion the rider by allowing the tire to flex more.

djkak
Ohhhhhhhhhh. That sounds like a great explanation to us ole schoolers.......(of course, I've been drinking  :drink: and anything would make sense to me right now)  har!  :2vrolijk_21: :confused5: :huepfenlol2: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 10:07:29 PM »

Ohhhhhhhhhh. That sounds like a great explanation to us ole schoolers.......(of course, I've been drinking  :drink: and anything would make sense to me right now)  har!  :2vrolijk_21: :confused5: :huepfenlol2: spyder

Still doesn't help this neophyte though. I'm guessing that it's gonna remove some of the vibrations? Is it really worth $300?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 10:24:39 PM »

Still doesn't help this neophyte though. I'm guessing that it's gonna remove some of the vibrations? Is it really worth $300?

Free install in Mayretta.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 10:58:10 PM »

Free install in Mayretta.

hey Chief, what else will they install 'free' in May-reetta?  :o har!   :drink:spyder

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 03:28:40 PM »

It's pretty much gonna remove some of the vibration. Regarding value returned; I feel that $300 is not unreasonable if it makes a seat of the pants difference. Take an ’08 for a good road test when you get a chance.

djkak

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 05:19:18 PM »

Zanotti's sells it for $198.25 plus shipping this makes more of a value.
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 06:47:34 PM »

hey Chief, what else will they install 'free' in May-reetta?  :o har!   :drink:spyder

What ya got?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »

TIA, AJ

AJ,

I got one for ya. It's like the difference between solid rubber wheels and inflated tires. The inflated tires absorb a lot of the tiny imperfections on the road that a solid rubber wheel would transmit to the vehicle.

tjd57

• 07_FLHRSE3
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 04:06:05 PM »

I put one on my 07 SERK after 8,000 miles and noticed a difference for the better
from the get go.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 05:20:41 PM »

Just had the ISD put on 300.00 bucks installed. Big difference ,the bike does not lug in first gear in traffic and fifth gear is very smooth with out the pulses at 2300 RPM. Well worth it makes the bike feel solid Billy

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 05:32:48 PM »

I have an 08SERK and an 06 Ultra and you can tell the difference between the two bikes, with the how smooth it accelerates.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 05:47:51 PM »

Mine should show up today. I got it from Zanottis for under $200. They also press in the baring before shipping it. I probably wion't have an opinion on it til spring, as the motor's coming apart and getting completely rebuilt starting next week I've only heard good things about this. I probably won't install it til then.

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 06:49:14 PM »

Hoist! 8)
Mine should show up today. I got it from Zanottis for under $200. They also press in the baring before shipping it. I probably wion't have an opinion on it til spring, as the motor's coming apart and getting completely rebuilt starting next week I've only heard good things about this. I probably won't install it til then.

Hoist! 8)

That's quite a turn around!  What happened in between?  :-\

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 07:27:12 PM »

Thank you

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 08:57:11 PM »

It was recommended that it smooths out the drivetrain so much, it will help to keep things together better. I'm not doing it for vibration control. That doesn't bother me. But anything I can do to keep this thing from tearing itself up, is a plus! So I'll give the Jap smoothener a shot! ;)

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 09:20:16 PM »

It was recommended that it smooths out the drivetrain so much, it will help to keep things together better. I'm not doing it for vibration control. That doesn't bother me. But anything I can do to keep this thing from tearing itself up, is a plus! So I'll give the Jap smoothener a shot! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Plus, it'd also fit on a GoldWing or BMW if it comes down to that.

I know, that statement was just wrong.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 09:27:15 PM »

The difference between the 08 SEUC and my 03 RK is like night and day.  Biggest difference is on start-up and when traveling at low speeds that would normally show if your primary chain needed adjustment.  Don't think of it as a jap thing.  I like to think of it as the isolation mount on a harmonic balancer -- something I'm sure was developed in the good ol' USA, that was then reverse engineered into the rice burners and finally implemented by the MoCo

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 09:33:27 PM »

The difference between the 08 SEUC and my 03 RK is like night and day.  Biggest difference is on start-up and when traveling at low speeds that would normally show if your primary chain needed adjustment.  Don't think of it as a jap thing.  I like to think of it as the isolation mount on a harmonic balancer -- something I'm sure was developed in the good ol' USA, that was then reverse engineered into the rice burners and finally implemented by the MoCo

Man that sounds so much better when you actually put some thought into it! ;D

Thank for the info! ;)

Hoist! 8)

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 09:38:03 PM »

Glad to be of help.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »

Hoist! 8)
I knew you would come around   I think you will be impressed with the Jap engineering. It feels like the bike is more powerful and all together     Billy

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 11:26:34 PM »

I knew you would come around   I think you will be impressed with the Jap engineering. It feels like the bike is more powerful and all together     Billy

Well, it's still a far cry from a FD Billy. But from the rave reviews, it's worth a shot! ;)

Hoist! 8)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 08:05:02 AM »

Plus, it'd also fit on a GoldWing or BMW if it comes down to that.

I know, that statement was just wrong.

H/B
A Goldwing or BMW will break down when someone abuses the chit out of it.
Then the Honda or BMW factory will be chastised for building "CRAP".
The service people at the dealerships will be compared to idiots because they didn't jump when asked to jump.
H/B what you said may not be nice but it isn't wrong.
Some people can tear up an anvil.
That's OK, but do we really need all the pissin and moaning when the problem really isn't the machine.

What we all forget is that no one forced anyone to buy a Harley.
Some people just look for an excuse to rant and rave.
I would be ashamed to spend the adult money I have spent and then proclaim to the world I spent it on "CRAP".
And maybe only speaking for myself, I have to say I'm damn proud to own them and to ride them.
There are some with an opinion that HD is "CRAP" but in my garage there is no "CRAP".
If there was I would get rid of it!
JMHO

S
  /
    B

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 06:26:31 PM »

H/B
A Goldwing or BMW will break down when someone abuses the chit out of it.
Then the Honda or BMW factory will be chastised for building "CRAP".
The service people at the dealerships will be compared to idiots because they didn't jump when asked to jump.
H/B what you said may not be nice but it isn't wrong.
Some people can tear up an anvil.
That's OK, but do we really need all the pissin and moaning when the problem really isn't the machine.

What we all forget is that no one forced anyone to buy a Harley.
Some people just look for an excuse to rant and rave.
I would be ashamed to spend the adult money I have spent and then proclaim to the world I spent it on "CRAP".
And maybe only speaking for myself, I have to say I'm damn proud to own them and to ride them.
There are some with an opinion that HD is "CRAP" but in my garage there is no "CRAP".
If there was I would get rid of it!
JMHO

S
  /
    B

Chip,
       Some folks just feel the need to bitch and whine about everything
       Me I got just one complaint and sure as hell ain't my Harley-Davidson  8)

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 06:32:28 PM »

I swear, if this much negativity was all this site was about, I'd quit, leave and never look back. Reminds me of some grade school kids. I learned a long time ago, if I didn't like someone, I just walked off.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 06:38:32 PM »

I swear, if this much negativity was all this site was about, I'd quit, leave and never look back. Reminds me of some grade school kids. I learned a long time ago, if I didn't like someone, I just walked off.

Me to H/B!
On one hand we have so much fun on our bikes then on the other hand some can't say enough bad about them.
We had such a great time in M/V that I can't say enough good about my Harley!

As I said earlier, I'm proud to own a Harley!

S
  /
    B

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »

I had the IDS installed yesterday and SERT installed.  Yup, jumped on the bandwagon.  After all, they did give me a new motor.

The IDS makes the SERK feel a great deal smother, no primary noise, feels better at low RPMs near the lug zone.  It was worth the money and the elbow grease promo installed it for free basically.  Thank guys for posting that.
I wanted to let the dealer sell me some stuff after all the negative crap getting the bike fixed.
The SERT tune feels good for stage 1 mods.  No big numbers.
I'll be asking for some assistance with looking at the map file with the RaceTuner S/W from you experienced guys.  New post tomorrow.

:huepfenjump3:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 07:21:19 PM »

Glad it's working in a way you can tell a difference.

Not sure why Harley hasn't done this years ago. The Jap bikes did, but at least Harley got on the program.

Great report on a new product.

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 07:26:14 PM »

Negativity.  what negativity?  :nixweiss: har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 07:28:39 PM »

Negativity.  what negativity?  :nixweiss: har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder

You of all people don't have to ask. You know what I'm thinking already! har! LOL

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2007, 05:09:10 PM »

The thing I like most about Harleys is that they have "old school" looks, character and sound but with totally new engineering. Imagine having a '57 'Vette that was completely reliable, got good gas mileage and had powerful brakes. Oh, and you could buy it brand new at a relatively affordable price. I'd sign up for that.

This is my third Harley, so I sure as hell don't have the experience of some of the owners here, but I've always believed that Harley fully delivers on its promise, way better than the Suzukis, Yamahas and BMWs that I've owned. Just my opinion...

PS: I don't know what the cush drive does, but as a package, it sure is smoother than the '05 Ultra I just sold. And my wife thinks so too.
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »

This is my third Harley, so I sure as hell don't have the experience of some of the owners here, but I've always believed that Harley fully delivers on its promise, way better than the Suzukis, Yamahas and BMWs that I've owned. Just my opinion...
I believe ya brother.  8) and while we're at it, 'splain your signature line to me.......is it a line from a movie, or what?   :nixweiss: har!  spyder

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2007, 06:30:16 PM »

I believe ya brother.  8) and while we're at it, 'splain your signature line to me.......is it a line from a movie, or what?   :nixweiss: har!  spyder

JAWS!!!

TTS Mastertune

Quint

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2007, 10:19:09 PM »

JAWS!!!

You got it!

QUINT: You brought some right fine equipment, Mr Hooper. What do you call that?

HOOPER: That's an anti shark cage.

QUINT: Anti shark cage. You go in the cage. Cage goes in the water. Shark's in the water. Farewell and adieu to you sweet Spanish ladies, farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain...

Definitely in my Top 10 list. Along with Dr Strangelove, Miller's Crossing, Unforgiven, Schindler's List, North by Northwest, The Professional, Reservoir Dogs, Jeremiah Johnson, and Marathon Man. But that list could change on any given day.  To include The Departed, Perfect Storm, Scarface, etc etc  ;)
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2007, 10:23:54 PM »

What???????  No comedy?  :o  har!  ::) spyder

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 12:09:54 PM »

The first Jaws was definitely one of those classic movies that scared the bejesus out of me...I also read the book before seeing the movie.  I wouldn't swim in the ocean without my feet touching sand for a few years after that one.  To this day, I get the willies...man's helplessness against the perfect natural predator.

Psycho was another classic...saw that one when I was about 12 or so...scared the chit out of me.  Almost all the Hitchcock flicks are movies I can watch over and over...the man was a genius at tapping into our basic emotions.

Q...Jeremiah Johnson is one of my all time favorite movies!!  The scenery alone is worth watching the movie...unforgettable!!

TTS Mastertune

Quint

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 12:49:34 PM »

What???????  No comedy?  :o  har!  ::) spyder

You didn't get a laugh outta Dr Strangelove?? But otherwise good point! I like Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Blues Brothers (the original), Blazing Saddles, Best in Show, Nutty Professor (Eddie Murphy version), Austin Powers, etc.

TCnBham:

Jaws scared the crap out of me as well. I was 13 when I saw it, and we spent 6 weeks camping down at the ocean. After Jaws, there was a shark fishing craze, and one time that summer when waterskiing, the rope tangled, and I floated right by one of the local fishermen's shark tackles tethered on a buoy: a 10" fish hook with an ox heart on it. As I got close, I noticed what looked like a huge fin breaking the surface. Holy sh!t. It turned out to be a giant stingray with about an 8" wingspan. They pulled it up on the beach later and everyone gathered around to look. My old man said, "It was just a stingray - no need to be scared." Maybe, but look what happened to the Crocodile Hunter!!

And by the way, this is a self-confessed  :jack:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 01:36:50 PM »

You didn't get a laugh outta Dr Strangelove?? But otherwise good point! I like Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Blues Brothers (the original), Blazing Saddles, Best in Show, Nutty Professor (Eddie Murphy version), Austin Powers, etc.

TCnBham:

Jaws scared the crap out of me as well. I was 13 when I saw it, and we spent 6 weeks camping down at the ocean. After Jaws, there was a shark fishing craze, and one time that summer when waterskiing, the rope tangled, and I floated right by one of the local fishermen's shark tackles tethered on a buoy: a 10" fish hook with an ox heart on it. As I got close, I noticed what looked like a huge fin breaking the surface. Holy sh!t. It turned out to be a giant stingray with about an 8" wingspan. They pulled it up on the beach later and everyone gathered around to look. My old man said, "It was just a stingray - no need to be scared." Maybe, but look what happened to the Crocodile Hunter!!

And by the way, this is a self-confessed  :jack:

Quint...yep, there's still a lot of overfishing for sharks going on...some are in fact, endangered.  The way I've always looked at that sort of thing, and the same applies to Grizzley Bears, etc, is that I am invading THEIR home, and I'm not the top of the food chain any longer, so I'm taking my chances.  Can't blame the animal for doing what it's supposed to do...we are the intruders.

and Dr. Strangelove was a trip!!  Dark comedy...

Fargo is another all time favorite of mine...

TTS Mastertune

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 02:55:31 PM »

Quint...yep, there's still a lot of overfishing for sharks going on...some are in fact, endangered.  The way I've always looked at that sort of thing, and the same applies to Grizzley Bears, etc, is that I am invading THEIR home, and I'm not the top of the food chain any longer, so I'm taking my chances.  Can't blame the animal for doing what it's supposed to do...we are the intruders.

That and any other movie by the Coen brothers.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 03:51:55 PM »

That and any other movie by the Coen brothers.   :2vrolijk_21:

What no Naked Gun movies, Pink Panther, Rodney Dangerfield?

:jack:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 04:44:43 PM »

[/quote
][/font][/color]

Yah, you betcha..... :huepfenlol2:     Well, ok then.... :drink:
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »

Forgive me if this post is redundant. Smoke inhalation and all  LOL ( what the hell , we did the cryin thing yesterday, may as well laugh now)  Anyway, has anyone tested this iso-drive for high horsepower application ? 

B B

Quint

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 12:59:57 AM »

Forgive me if this post is redundant. Smoke inhalation and all  LOL ( what the hell , we did the cryin thing yesterday, may as well laugh now)  Anyway, has anyone tested this iso-drive for high horsepower application ? 

B B

Spiderman

Can't comment on the big HP issue, but REAL sorry to hear about what's going on in your neck of the woods. Hope you and yours are all okay. Best wishes... and stay outta harm's way.

Quint
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 21 queries.