Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windshields  (Read 895 times)

ad2

• Full CVO Member
Windshields
« on: January 16, 2009, 06:49:45 PM »

Just ordered an 8 inch Clearview recurved, dark gray. I have a 17 inch that I use when the fairing is off and am really happy with it, so thought i'd get another for teh fairing.

Here's my question. Any opinions on the difference between the Clearview and the Windvest. They look similar, but I don't know anyone who has bought the Windvest.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
Re: Windshields
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 10:32:27 AM »

I just recieved my 8" Sport CV Winshield.

The first thing I want to say is that I really found John at CV to be excellent customer service. I really appreciate his effort to get me my shield as quickly as he did.  The packaging was excellent.

I installed it last night and I have a few questions for those who've actually installed this windshield on their 2009 SERGs.  Pics are included.

1.  I used the new wellnuts and screws as recommended.  I also installed the wellnuts onto the shield loosely as John recommended, pushed the (5) wellnuts into the fairing and then tightened all in a star pattern (Kinda sorta).  I noticed a slight gap between the
two inside middle screws and the two outside screws.  It's very slight, but I can see it. You might be able to see it in the photos.

2.  I installed  the rubber trim gasket also.  Aside from protecting the paint on the fairing from the edge of the windshield, I think it adds some value to take away from the obvious gap I saw.  Are others using this gasket..?

3. Last question;  has anyone actually taken a dremel tool and widened the holes in the shield..?  I'm wondering if that might make the shield lay a bit flatter against the fairing...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. ~Matt

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.