Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CLASS ACTION  (Read 2819 times)

JB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
CLASS ACTION
« on: April 08, 2004, 03:19:44 PM »

Any one thinking of taking Harley Davidson to court over misrepresentation of 2003 SERK FPT.   advertisment said 100 at 3500 rpm.  don't know about you all, but I am not satisfied with the numbers I am getting even with all the mods.  Maybe I was an idiot to think it was rear wheel, but I did. Thats why I baught the bike! What are your tho [smiley=confused5.gif]ughts?

SERK103

• Full CVO Member
  • ride it like you stole it !!
Re: CLASS ACTION
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 05:18:45 PM »

Hey man,  let me first say that this bike is a great riding and looking motorcycle.  As you know if it has tits and two wheels...it has problems.  Anyway the Screaming Eagle 103" motor is the "ladies edition", yes i said it, it's the watered-down, street legal, epa emmisions standards engine.  We have too deal with the fact that our 9:1 compression bike is definately not our big brother....the 103" SE Stroker (crossed flags SE).  At 3500 rpm I am roughly at 100 ft lbs.   I am working with a guy out of R&R Cycle, in Manchester NH.  He is looking into our heads to see what their characteristics our and if anything could be done, such as cams, to improve power.   sure, i go in with your c.a.s. ... [smiley=smoking.gif]
stock for now

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 02:55:31 PM »

Count me in......................... [smiley=beerchug.gif]

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 10:16:15 PM »

JB IVE BEEN RIDING A1974 FLH FOR THE PAST 30 YEARS. SO WHEN I GOT THE 03 SERK I VERY PLEASED WITH THE POWER AND HANDLING [smiley=6.gif] MY MAIN CONCERN IS THE NEW ROLLER BEARING THAT IS BEEING USED ON THE CRANKSHAFT INSTEAD OF THE OLD TAPPER BEARING THAT HAS BEEN USED AND WORK VERY WELL SINCE 1956 [smiley=nixweiss.gif] TIME WILL TELL. GOOD LUCK BRO.      don
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

JB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 04:39:19 PM »

Well it looks like most of you are ok with the advertised FPT.  I will agree this bike is a grate bike, been riding since I was 14, thirty two years, you do the math. Mostly Harleys, but this one is a treat, just not happy with what I'am getting with $ 1,000.00 in intake, PC, and pipes. I will be puting new cams in after Myrtle bike week, that will be another $800.00.  Anyway, its a shame we did't get what we paid for. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

SERK103

• Full CVO Member
  • ride it like you stole it !!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 08:20:38 PM »

i hear ya man.....i have done some heavy research on cams for our wimpy heads... do your research and get back to me.....we'll talk about them.  pc
stock for now

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 10:06:59 PM »

You guys might be interested in this thread.  There's a dyno sheet on here that shows the torque in the SE253 cams vs. Woods TW5G cams.  They're cams that were designed just for the 103" motor and designed to be used with the stock heads however, they're gear drive cams.

Let us know where you guys end up on this issue.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

scre103

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 08:57:48 AM »

i'm in [smiley=furious.gif]
03 flhrsei2
01 motoguzzi v11 sport rosso mandello
87 honda elite 150 scooter(for the kids)
se high flow air kit
kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs
se efi chip
se performance mufflers
chopped tour pack
standard clea

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.